Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
Questions about bank accounts and dollars I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Questions about bank accounts and dollars I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Questions about bank accounts and dollars I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Questions about bank accounts and dollars I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Questions about bank accounts and dollars I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Questions about bank accounts and dollars I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Questions about bank accounts and dollars I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Questions about bank accounts and dollars I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Questions about bank accounts and dollars I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Questions about bank accounts and dollars I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Questions about bank accounts and dollars I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Questions about bank accounts and dollars I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Questions about bank accounts and dollars I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Questions about bank accounts and dollars I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Questions about bank accounts and dollars I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Questions about bank accounts and dollars I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Questions about bank accounts and dollars I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Questions about bank accounts and dollars I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Questions about bank accounts and dollars I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Questions about bank accounts and dollars I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

Questions about bank accounts and dollars

+4
bobd
Inquisitive one
PrudenceArt
prosetian
8 posters

Go down

Questions about bank accounts and dollars Empty Questions about bank accounts and dollars

Post by prosetian Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:44 am

There have been multiple posts on the various sites about the Dodd Frank Act accounts and TAG accounts and "dollars". Here are some claims made in the last day or two, can anyone confirm any of this with a link to a government or bank writing?

1. Dodd Frank accounts are kept in UST notes backed by gold or other assets and will not devalue the same as Federal Reserve Notes in regular accounts if the dollar devalues. (I'd love to see how that would work in the real world)

2. You should get a TAG account. ( I see no official writing extending these beyond Dec. 2010, link please if there is such a writing).

4. UST notes have already been printed.

5. Federal Reserve notes will be replaced by UST notes.

Last edited by prosetian on Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:26 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelin')

prosetian
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Questions about bank accounts and dollars Empty Re: Questions about bank accounts and dollars

Post by PrudenceArt Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:02 am

google, Dodd Frank unlimited insurance fdic

PrudenceArt
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Questions about bank accounts and dollars Empty Re: Questions about bank accounts and dollars

Post by Inquisitive one Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:14 am

I have already opened a TAG account at Arvest Bank in Tulsa, ok. The letter posted at the bank said the acct is good til Dec, 2012. Or at least the part abt depositing ANY mat is good til then. The banker also researched it and said this is true. The only thing is, the acct has to be opened between Dec 2010 and Dec 2012 to qualify. Hope this helps.

Inquisitive one
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by bobd Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:29 am

why do i think trusting the fdic is a mistake. i dont care what name you call the account its still depend on the government holdind the notes. if push comes to shove the fdic could say , hey we tried sorry you lose

chillout hemademe bigsmile
bobd
bobd
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Terbo56 Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:45 am

Why not a Canadian bank or credit union? That would seem 100% safer to me,unless someone knows something I don't-
Terbo56
Terbo56
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mitkire Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:54 am

bobd wrote:why do i think trusting the fdic is a mistake. i dont care what name you call the account its still depend on the government holdind the notes. if push comes to shove the fdic could say , hey we tried sorry you lose

what do you think about U.S. Treasury bills, notes and bonds being back by the full faith and credit of the U.S. ? that statement and the reality of its veracity is the ONLY thing keeping the world afloat right now.

mitkire
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bobd Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:50 am

SORRY BUT FULL FAITH AND VERACITY WITH THE GOOD OLD U S IS AN OXYMORON. I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHO HIS ULTIMATLY HOLDING THOSE NOTES .

chillout hemademe bigsmile
bobd
bobd
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by prosetian Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:58 pm

Interesting, no one was able/willing to address ANY of my questions. I have googled Dodd Frank act and there is unlimited insurance on non-interest bearing accts until Dec. 31, 2012., but did not see anything about these accounts being backed by UST notes or gold, did you?

Inquisitive one, I doubt very much if you opened a TAG (Transaction Account Guarantee) as the FDIC site says this program ended on Dec. 31, 2010. What you have is a Dodd Frank transaction account. As far as you, the depositor are concerned, both the TAG and the Dodd Frank operate the same, unlimited insurance. This program ends Dec 31, 2012, unless they extend it. The TAG account had some differences and it cost the banks extra fees to have it and that is why banks could opt out of the program, they cannot opt out of the Dodd Frank accounts and all FDIC insured banks have the insurance and it applies only to non-interest bearing accounts.

Now, about these accounts being "backed by gold or other commodities" ae held in "UST notes that are backed by gold" and "won't devalue if the dollar devalues". And that "UST notes are already printed". Can anyone point to any writing other that what certain g---s have post on other sites as if these things were facts?

prosetian
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dinarstar Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:29 pm

prosetian wrote:Interesting, no one was able/willing to address ANY of my questions. I have googled Dodd Frank act and there is unlimited insurance on non-interest bearing accts until Dec. 31, 2012., but did not see anything about these accounts being backed by UST notes or gold, did you?

Inquisitive one, I doubt very much if you opened a TAG (Transaction Account Guarantee) as the FDIC site says this program ended on Dec. 31, 2010. What you have is a Dodd Frank transaction account. As far as you, the depositor are concerned, both the TAG and the Dodd Frank operate the same, unlimited insurance. This program ends Dec 31, 2012, unless they extend it. The TAG account had some differences and it cost the banks extra fees to have it and that is why banks could opt out of the program, they cannot opt out of the Dodd Frank accounts and all FDIC insured banks have the insurance and it applies only to non-interest bearing accounts.

Now, about these accounts being "backed by gold or other commodities" ae held in "UST notes that are backed by gold" and "won't devalue if the dollar devalues". And that "UST notes are already printed". Can anyone point to any writing other that what certain g---s have post on other sites as if these things were facts?

Certainly not me,however why not do some more research and come back with the hard proof you seek,and share it with us,or perhaps pose your questions/queries directly to those who made the statements? :study:

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It's the courage to continue that counts."
Winston Churchill
(1874-1965)
hug

dinarstar
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 1alaskan Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:34 pm

As of now, the part of the act that gives the insurance is set to expie Dec. 31, 2012, so unless the congress acts, it is all moot.

Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.
Marilyn Vos Savant

Yesterday would have been better, but today is a good day

Remember as always, JMHO
Rantings from just north of sixty

1alaskan
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by prosetian Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:52 pm

dinarstar wrote:
prosetian wrote:Interesting, no one was able/willing to address ANY of my questions. I have googled Dodd Frank act and there is unlimited insurance on non-interest bearing accts until Dec. 31, 2012., but did not see anything about these accounts being backed by UST notes or gold, did you?

Certainly not me,however why not do some more research and come back with the hard proof you seek,and share it with us,or perhaps pose your questions/queries directly to those who made the statements? :study:

Now, I would be happy to bring back the proof either way, but how does one prove something does not exist or is untrue? When someone makes a claim without backing it up with evidence that it is true, it is on the presenter of the claim to proof his claim when questioned. Basic legal procedure, you make a claim, the proof is on you. I would address these questions directly to those making the claims, but I had previously done that to these protected providers of wrong info and, of course, lost posting priviliges there. I know people here have read these statements as they were put out by well known providers and hadn't seen any comments here, so thought I would ask if anyone had any genuine links about it.

Last edited by prosetian on Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:09 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelin)

prosetian
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum