Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
How does this figure into our Post RV privacy? I_icon_minitimeToday at 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
How does this figure into our Post RV privacy? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
How does this figure into our Post RV privacy? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
How does this figure into our Post RV privacy? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
How does this figure into our Post RV privacy? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
How does this figure into our Post RV privacy? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
How does this figure into our Post RV privacy? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
How does this figure into our Post RV privacy? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
How does this figure into our Post RV privacy? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
How does this figure into our Post RV privacy? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
How does this figure into our Post RV privacy? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
How does this figure into our Post RV privacy? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
How does this figure into our Post RV privacy? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
How does this figure into our Post RV privacy? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
How does this figure into our Post RV privacy? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
How does this figure into our Post RV privacy? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
How does this figure into our Post RV privacy? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
How does this figure into our Post RV privacy? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
How does this figure into our Post RV privacy? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
How does this figure into our Post RV privacy? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

How does this figure into our Post RV privacy?

5 posters

Go down

How does this figure into our Post RV privacy? Empty How does this figure into our Post RV privacy?

Post by nwrichard Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:31 am

I was reading an email from a friend about what different search engines and providers read, scan, and save. In the email I went to this link http://cryptome.org/isp-spy/yahoo-spy.pdf . It is Yahoo's guide for compliance with law enforcement requests. In particular here is an excerpt. . . VII. COST REIMBURSEMENT POLICY
Federal law (See 18 U.S.C. § 2706) requires law enforcement to reimburse providers like Yahoo! for costs incurred
responding to subpoena requests, court orders, or search warrants. Yahoo! generally requests reimbursement
when responding to legal process, except that Yahoo! maintains an exception to this policy for cases involving the
abduction or exploitation of children. Yahoo! may waive reimbursement in specific cases or recognize additional
exceptions to this policy in the future.
Yahoo! will seek reimbursement based on the actual time expended by Yahoo!’s compliance staff in complying with
the request. The average costs related to compliance matters are listed below for your convenience. These
estimates are neither a ceiling nor a floor but represent the average costs of typical searches. Time spent may vary
considerably based on the wording of the request and the information available about the user. These time
estimates are also based on narrowly tailored requests that do not require extensive searches in multiple
databases. These estimates are not price quotes, budgets, or guarantees and should not be used for budgeting
purposes. Yahoo! reserves the right to adjust its estimates and reimbursement charges as necessary.
• Basic subscriber records: approx. $20 for the first ID, $10 per ID thereafter
Basic Group Information (including information about moderators): approx. $20 for a group with a
single moderator

• Contents of subscriber accounts, including email: approx. $30-$40 per user
• Contents of Groups: approx. $40 - $80 per group.

I am curious, how is the information we have on file here, and all of our posts, chats, etc. protected Post RV. We are given advice to basically become anonymous and yet the specter of our information being gathered like this is a little disturbing.

The entire article they sent can be read here, http://www.prisonplanet.com/what-if-someone-could-see-everything-youve-ever-googled.html .

To all the mods, How is our information, chats, posts, etc being safe guarded? How long do you keep it on your servers before you delete it? More importantly for you as a mod, see the above in red, how is YOUR information being protected?
nwrichard
nwrichard
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

Back to top Go down

How does this figure into our Post RV privacy? Empty Re: How does this figure into our Post RV privacy?

Post by Kevind53 Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:44 pm

Well for my self, the only information provided is that which I am comfortable being public ... I expect that post RV, we will be changing e-mail accounts, ISP etc. just to jumble things up ... that's just me though.

Trust but Verify --- R Reagan Suspect

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

How does this figure into our Post RV privacy? 2805820865  How does this figure into our Post RV privacy? 2805820865  How does this figure into our Post RV privacy? 2805820865  How does this figure into our Post RV privacy? 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

How does this figure into our Post RV privacy? Empty Re: How does this figure into our Post RV privacy?

Post by 1alaskan Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:49 pm

Like Kevin stated, the only info on any member the site has is what you gave them, no more, no less.

Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.
Marilyn Vos Savant

Yesterday would have been better, but today is a good day

Remember as always, JMHO
Rantings from just north of sixty

1alaskan
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Shipngold Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:00 pm

So far , the answers given by the mods is correct, but if you go from one site to another, all is tracked, and can be put into a trail of web viewing so even though OOM does not provide your info to a source, it is available to the sourse provider and the bottom line... all is available, DO NOT provide anything you do not want to be public information.
Shipngold
Shipngold
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:38 pm

Good example, go to Amazon, or Staples, or other big retailer with a strong web presence. Look at item XYZ ... and then watch how many times that shows up in ads on websites and search engines for the next week or so ... welcome to the wonderful world of the internet. Nothing you provided per se, but they probably stuck a tracking cookie on your computer that tells the sites you were looking at XYZ.

Trust but Verify --- R Reagan Suspect

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

How does this figure into our Post RV privacy? 2805820865  How does this figure into our Post RV privacy? 2805820865  How does this figure into our Post RV privacy? 2805820865  How does this figure into our Post RV privacy? 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by 1alaskan Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:10 pm

Shipngold wrote:So far , the answers given by the mods is correct, but if you go from one site to another, all is tracked, and can be put into a trail of web viewing so even though OOM does not provide your info to a source, it is available to the sourse provider and the bottom line... all is available, DO NOT provide anything you do not want to be public information.

I would guess that your internet provider would have any and all sites you may visit,

Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.
Marilyn Vos Savant

Yesterday would have been better, but today is a good day

Remember as always, JMHO
Rantings from just north of sixty

1alaskan
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by GoodGosh Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:55 am

Startpage does not record or track IP addressess or your search history.
GoodGosh
GoodGosh
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum