Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
VIETNAM - US$7.64 billion liquidity support for Tet won’t boost inflation: central bank   I_icon_minitimeToday at 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
VIETNAM - US$7.64 billion liquidity support for Tet won’t boost inflation: central bank   I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
VIETNAM - US$7.64 billion liquidity support for Tet won’t boost inflation: central bank   I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
VIETNAM - US$7.64 billion liquidity support for Tet won’t boost inflation: central bank   I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
VIETNAM - US$7.64 billion liquidity support for Tet won’t boost inflation: central bank   I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
VIETNAM - US$7.64 billion liquidity support for Tet won’t boost inflation: central bank   I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
VIETNAM - US$7.64 billion liquidity support for Tet won’t boost inflation: central bank   I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
VIETNAM - US$7.64 billion liquidity support for Tet won’t boost inflation: central bank   I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
VIETNAM - US$7.64 billion liquidity support for Tet won’t boost inflation: central bank   I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
VIETNAM - US$7.64 billion liquidity support for Tet won’t boost inflation: central bank   I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
VIETNAM - US$7.64 billion liquidity support for Tet won’t boost inflation: central bank   I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
VIETNAM - US$7.64 billion liquidity support for Tet won’t boost inflation: central bank   I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
VIETNAM - US$7.64 billion liquidity support for Tet won’t boost inflation: central bank   I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
VIETNAM - US$7.64 billion liquidity support for Tet won’t boost inflation: central bank   I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
VIETNAM - US$7.64 billion liquidity support for Tet won’t boost inflation: central bank   I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
VIETNAM - US$7.64 billion liquidity support for Tet won’t boost inflation: central bank   I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
VIETNAM - US$7.64 billion liquidity support for Tet won’t boost inflation: central bank   I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
VIETNAM - US$7.64 billion liquidity support for Tet won’t boost inflation: central bank   I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
VIETNAM - US$7.64 billion liquidity support for Tet won’t boost inflation: central bank   I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
VIETNAM - US$7.64 billion liquidity support for Tet won’t boost inflation: central bank   I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

VIETNAM - US$7.64 billion liquidity support for Tet won’t boost inflation: central bank

Go down

VIETNAM - US$7.64 billion liquidity support for Tet won’t boost inflation: central bank   Empty VIETNAM - US$7.64 billion liquidity support for Tet won’t boost inflation: central bank

Post by lexie Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:36 pm

February 6, 2012

US$7.64 billion liquidity support for Tet won’t boost inflation: central bank

The VND160 trillion ($7.64 billion) supplied by the central bank for liquidity support before the Lunar New Year (Tet) holiday will not cause any impact on inflation, said a central bank’s official.

"The money pumping is a regular activity of the central bank to help the banking system meet rising demand for payments on the occasion of the Tet holiday,” said Nguyen Thi Hong, head of monetary policy department.

"The capital injection via the OMO is mainly for the very short term, so there is not enough time for the credit institutions to use this capital to lend the economy,” Hong said.

“In addition, the growth targets for total money supply and credit are under the tight control of the central bank, "Hong said.

According to Hong, the money supply was primarily carried out through open-market operations (OMO) from January 9-20.

OMO is the channel that provides short-term capital to the banking system, mainly 14-day terms, and there were only a few sessions with 21-day terms, Hong said.

The lengthening of the 14-day to the 21-day term is to ease banks’ liquidity constraints in early trading sessions of the post-Tet period since they don’t have to repay a large amount of money in a short period.

In January, the State Bank of Vietnam (SBV) pumped more than VND59.6 trillion ($2.85 billion), doubling the net-injection volume of the VND30.7 trillion it pumped in January 2011.

As the central bank had applied the 21-day term to accompany the normal 7-day and 14-day terms for OMO lending, the money it withdrew was lower than last year.

The move aimed to meet the liquidity of commercial banks and prevent the pumping of a large amount of capital into the market at the same time, said the SBV.

According to the SBV, in the week between January 7th and 13th, interbank rates inched up 0.44-1.92 percent for lending ranging from 1 week to 2 months, and the rates respectively soared 6.08 percent and 3.56 percent to over 20 percent for 9-month to 12-month terms.

The central bank also said the banking system’s liquidity is abundant in the post-Tet period.

"After Tet, the money has been re-deposited into the banking system. Currently, the credit institutions’ liquidity is abundant," Hong said.

The system’s liquidity situation has generally improved from the Tet holiday, compared to in 2011, since the SBV had used diverse money supply channels for capital support.

http://www.vietfinancenews.com/2012/02/us764-billion-liquidity-support-for-tet.html#more

"WHEN THE POWER OF LOVE OVERCOMES THE LOVE OF POWER, THE WORLD WILL KNOW PEACE"
lexie
lexie
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum