Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
China Cuts U.S. Debt Holdings   I_icon_minitimeToday at 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
China Cuts U.S. Debt Holdings   I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
China Cuts U.S. Debt Holdings   I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
China Cuts U.S. Debt Holdings   I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
China Cuts U.S. Debt Holdings   I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
China Cuts U.S. Debt Holdings   I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
China Cuts U.S. Debt Holdings   I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
China Cuts U.S. Debt Holdings   I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
China Cuts U.S. Debt Holdings   I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
China Cuts U.S. Debt Holdings   I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
China Cuts U.S. Debt Holdings   I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
China Cuts U.S. Debt Holdings   I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
China Cuts U.S. Debt Holdings   I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
China Cuts U.S. Debt Holdings   I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
China Cuts U.S. Debt Holdings   I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
China Cuts U.S. Debt Holdings   I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
China Cuts U.S. Debt Holdings   I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
China Cuts U.S. Debt Holdings   I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
China Cuts U.S. Debt Holdings   I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
China Cuts U.S. Debt Holdings   I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

China Cuts U.S. Debt Holdings

Go down

China Cuts U.S. Debt Holdings   Empty China Cuts U.S. Debt Holdings

Post by lexie Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:52 am

Forbes – 2 hrs 46 mins ago.. 12/18/11

China Cuts U.S. Debt Holdings

.The Chinese government reduced its holdings of U.S. Treasury bonds to its lowest level on the year by $14.2 billion in October.

Analysts said the decline is mostly due to a stronger dollar, meaning the Chinese government has to spend more renmimbi (RMB) to acquire the same amount of bonds it purchased a month prior, when their currency was stronger. Moreover, media reports cited declining positions of Chinese banks for foreign exchange purchases, an indicator of capital outflows.

The RMB has been selling off lately as local Chinese see a grim forecast for the global economy. Their local economy, meanwhile, is also slowing in response.

"The low level of China's holding of U.S. debt indicates the huge pressure of capital outflow that the country has been faced with," Lu Zhengwei, chief economist with Industrial Bank Co Ltd was quoted saying in China Daily on Saturday.

"The central bank is increasing its holdings of dollars in cash, preparing to sell them in the market if necessary to offset the impact of liquidity outflows," he said.

China held a total of $1.13 trillion of U.S. Treasury debt as of October 2011, roughly accounting for 24% of total foreign holdings of U.S. debt, according to the Treasury Department. China is the largest foreign holder of U.S. Treasurys.

http://news.yahoo.com/china-cuts-u-debt-holdings-040338116.html

"WHEN THE POWER OF LOVE OVERCOMES THE LOVE OF POWER, THE WORLD WILL KNOW PEACE"
lexie
lexie
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum