Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
Exxon deal good for all Iraq: Kurdish minister I_icon_minitimeToday at 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Exxon deal good for all Iraq: Kurdish minister I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Exxon deal good for all Iraq: Kurdish minister I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Exxon deal good for all Iraq: Kurdish minister I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Exxon deal good for all Iraq: Kurdish minister I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Exxon deal good for all Iraq: Kurdish minister I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Exxon deal good for all Iraq: Kurdish minister I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Exxon deal good for all Iraq: Kurdish minister I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Exxon deal good for all Iraq: Kurdish minister I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Exxon deal good for all Iraq: Kurdish minister I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Exxon deal good for all Iraq: Kurdish minister I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Exxon deal good for all Iraq: Kurdish minister I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Exxon deal good for all Iraq: Kurdish minister I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Exxon deal good for all Iraq: Kurdish minister I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Exxon deal good for all Iraq: Kurdish minister I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Exxon deal good for all Iraq: Kurdish minister I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Exxon deal good for all Iraq: Kurdish minister I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Exxon deal good for all Iraq: Kurdish minister I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Exxon deal good for all Iraq: Kurdish minister I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Exxon deal good for all Iraq: Kurdish minister I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

Exxon deal good for all Iraq: Kurdish minister

Go down

Exxon deal good for all Iraq: Kurdish minister Empty Exxon deal good for all Iraq: Kurdish minister

Post by lexie Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:16 pm

Nov 13, 2011 06:32 EST

Exxon deal good for all Iraq: Kurdish minister

An Iraqi Kurdish minister on Sunday sought to allay the Baghdad government's concerns about an oil exploration deal his region signed with ExxonMobil, saying it benefits the whole country.

Iraq's central government regards any oil contracts not signed with it as invalid, and officials have said the deal the US energy giant agreed with Kurdistan last month jeopardises its contract for a massive southern oil field.

"I think that ExxonMobil's entry to Kurdistan is not just good news for the Kurdistan region, it's good news for all of Iraq, because they bring in more investment into Iraq, into this part of Iraq," Ashti Hawrami, Kurdistan's minister of natural resources, said at a conference in Arbil.

The contract "was signed, completed on the 18th of October 2011, after the oil and gas council of the region, headed by the prime minister, met and approved a package for ExxonMobil," said Hawrami.

"It is a binding contract; it involves six exploration areas," he said, adding it is up to Exxon whether it runs all its operations from Baghdad, or sets up another office in Kurdistan.

"We don't mind where they run their operations from -- they (can) run Kurdistan from Baghdad, or set up a separate office here," he said.

The central government has strongly condemned the Exxon deal.

"The Iraqi government will deal with any company that breaks the laws in the same way that it has in (the) past and ExxonMobil has been notified of this," the office of Hussein al-Shahristani, Iraq's deputy prime minister for energy, said Saturday.

In the past, Iraq has banned all oil companies that have signed contracts in Kurdistan from taking part in tenders or contracts for fields elsewhere in the country.

In January 2010, Iraq's oil ministry completed the deal with ExxonMobil and Anglo-Dutch giant Shell to develop production at West Qurna-1, which with reserves of about 8.5 billion barrels is the country's second-biggest field.

Source: AFP Global Edition

http://www.newsmeat.com/news/meat.php?articleId=122797394&channelId=2951&buyerId=newsmeatcom&buid=3281

"WHEN THE POWER OF LOVE OVERCOMES THE LOVE OF POWER, THE WORLD WILL KNOW PEACE"
lexie
lexie
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Exxon deal good for all Iraq: Kurdish minister Empty Re: Exxon deal good for all Iraq: Kurdish minister

Post by Guest Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:31 pm

state matters are for the state and fed matters are for the fed, which is it boys, that's what you need to figure out. Sounds like the same dictatorship here in America, The Fed is all Powerful. NOT!!!!!!!!! AJ

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum