Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
Erbil market prices rise before Id I_icon_minitimeToday at 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Erbil market prices rise before Id I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Erbil market prices rise before Id I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Erbil market prices rise before Id I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Erbil market prices rise before Id I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Erbil market prices rise before Id I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Erbil market prices rise before Id I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Erbil market prices rise before Id I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Erbil market prices rise before Id I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Erbil market prices rise before Id I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Erbil market prices rise before Id I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Erbil market prices rise before Id I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Erbil market prices rise before Id I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Erbil market prices rise before Id I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Erbil market prices rise before Id I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Erbil market prices rise before Id I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Erbil market prices rise before Id I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Erbil market prices rise before Id I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Erbil market prices rise before Id I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Erbil market prices rise before Id I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

Erbil market prices rise before Id

Go down

Erbil market prices rise before Id Empty Erbil market prices rise before Id

Post by silkysand Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:23 am

05/11/2011 11:49
Erbil, Nov. 5 (AKnews) - Erbil residents are complain about surging prices before the Id al-Dhaha (Nov. 6-10) although an official stresses the markets are regularly monitored against pricing violations.

Lamya Rahman, 34, was shopping in Erbil Qaysari market. She told AKnews the prices have been raised for a week.

"Three days ago one kilo of chicken was 3,500 Iraqi Dinar (almost US$3) but now it is raised to 4,500 ID (approx $4)," she said, in the same time one kilo of turkey rose from $10 to $12.50 and a kilo of lamb from $12 to $14.

Mustafa Shamal from Tayrawa said 10 days ago he bought a son a pair of trousers for $10 but two days ago the same brand trouser for his younger son cost him $14.

"I believe the shopkeepers raise the prices at will," he said.

Fuad Samad who also shops in Tayrawa market said people are concerned the relevant government bodies do not monitor the market.

"The media says shops have been penalized for overcharging but we don't know how true this is," Samad said. He wondered if this actually happens "then why don't they show it on TV to intimidate the rest of the shopkeepers?"

Mohammed Abbas, trade audit chief in Erbil, told AKnews the teams of his office survey the markets regularly to ensure that the prices are not increased.

"We will penalize any violation depending on its kind and at once," he said.

The shopkeepers are required to show price tags so that customers are aware of the prices set by the teams. Those who violate the regulation are meant to be fined.

Yet, there are tens of shops which do not comply with the regulation.

Shamal Nuri, an economics expert, blamed the weak market survey for the inflation.

"Our businessmen and shopkeepers have misinterpreted free marketing; they think they should stuff the market with expired, low quality items which are sold at whaterver prices they wish."

Reported by Fryad Mohammed

LH/JS/AKnews
silkysand
silkysand
VIP NewsHound
VIP NewsHound

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum