Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
First batch of student's washing machines shipped to Iraq I_icon_minitimeToday at 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
First batch of student's washing machines shipped to Iraq I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
First batch of student's washing machines shipped to Iraq I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
First batch of student's washing machines shipped to Iraq I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
First batch of student's washing machines shipped to Iraq I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
First batch of student's washing machines shipped to Iraq I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
First batch of student's washing machines shipped to Iraq I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
First batch of student's washing machines shipped to Iraq I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
First batch of student's washing machines shipped to Iraq I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
First batch of student's washing machines shipped to Iraq I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
First batch of student's washing machines shipped to Iraq I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
First batch of student's washing machines shipped to Iraq I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
First batch of student's washing machines shipped to Iraq I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
First batch of student's washing machines shipped to Iraq I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
First batch of student's washing machines shipped to Iraq I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
First batch of student's washing machines shipped to Iraq I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
First batch of student's washing machines shipped to Iraq I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
First batch of student's washing machines shipped to Iraq I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
First batch of student's washing machines shipped to Iraq I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
First batch of student's washing machines shipped to Iraq I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

First batch of student's washing machines shipped to Iraq

Go down

First batch of student's washing machines shipped to Iraq Empty First batch of student's washing machines shipped to Iraq

Post by RamblerNash Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:09 pm

First batch of student's washing machines shipped to Iraq 1628879757285
2021-08-13 12:13

Shafaq News/ The first batch of 30 hand-cranked washing machines, invented by a student for those living in poverty, has been sent to a camp in northern Iraq.

Former University of Bath student, Navjot Sawhney, set up the Washing Machine Project in 2018 after being inspired by a salad spinner.

Since then volunteers and businesses have given their time for free to help make the low-cost machines.

Mr Sawhney said he was "so proud" of what had been achieved.

He said up to 70% of the world's population do not have access to electric washing machines.

Working with humanitarian charity Care International he is now aiming to deliver 7,500 of his manual washer and dryers to those most in need in 10 countries including Lebanon, Kenya and India over the next three years.

Mr Sawhney came up with the idea after quitting his engineering job in Wiltshire to volunteer in India, where he saw the struggle of his next-door neighbour - a woman called Divya.

"It was through the frustration of seeing her daily struggles, hand washing her and her family's clothes, that I promised her a manual washing machine," he said.

Named the Divya, in her honour, the "robust, simple to use and easily repairable" machine has been tested in countries around the world.

Mr Sawhney said the reaction has been "phenomenal".

"Hand washing clothes is very time consuming, and nobody likes hand washing their clothes, so as a problem everybody understands it," he said.

"We've been so lucky. We've had universities, companies and people who just want to give up their time, and that's such a humbling thought for me."

Among those helping out is a Bristol design and fabrication firm, Huxlo, which makes all of the PVC and wooden parts.

"We gave up our time to make this happen, because it's a really worthwhile project," said Matthew Mews, from Huxlo.

"It's super rewarding to see this go from just a sketch to an actual product going out and helping people."

The University of Bath, where Mr Sawhney studied, has also helped turn his designs into reality.

"We've been able to throw some ideas back to him [Mr Sawhney] and very quickly come up with some solutions," said university technician Owen Rutter.

Mr Sawhney, said he will be heading to Iraq at the beginning of September to help distribute the machines.

https://shafaq.com/en/Report/First-batch-of-student-s-washing-machines-shipped-to-Iraq

First batch of student's washing machines shipped to Iraq 258310255 
>>>TNTBS's YouTube Channel<<<
RamblerNash
RamblerNash
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum