Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
BREAKING NEWS: European diplomat confirms meeting of 27 EU finance ministers has been cancelled   I_icon_minitimeToday at 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
BREAKING NEWS: European diplomat confirms meeting of 27 EU finance ministers has been cancelled   I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
BREAKING NEWS: European diplomat confirms meeting of 27 EU finance ministers has been cancelled   I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
BREAKING NEWS: European diplomat confirms meeting of 27 EU finance ministers has been cancelled   I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
BREAKING NEWS: European diplomat confirms meeting of 27 EU finance ministers has been cancelled   I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
BREAKING NEWS: European diplomat confirms meeting of 27 EU finance ministers has been cancelled   I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
BREAKING NEWS: European diplomat confirms meeting of 27 EU finance ministers has been cancelled   I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
BREAKING NEWS: European diplomat confirms meeting of 27 EU finance ministers has been cancelled   I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
BREAKING NEWS: European diplomat confirms meeting of 27 EU finance ministers has been cancelled   I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
BREAKING NEWS: European diplomat confirms meeting of 27 EU finance ministers has been cancelled   I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
BREAKING NEWS: European diplomat confirms meeting of 27 EU finance ministers has been cancelled   I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
BREAKING NEWS: European diplomat confirms meeting of 27 EU finance ministers has been cancelled   I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
BREAKING NEWS: European diplomat confirms meeting of 27 EU finance ministers has been cancelled   I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
BREAKING NEWS: European diplomat confirms meeting of 27 EU finance ministers has been cancelled   I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
BREAKING NEWS: European diplomat confirms meeting of 27 EU finance ministers has been cancelled   I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
BREAKING NEWS: European diplomat confirms meeting of 27 EU finance ministers has been cancelled   I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
BREAKING NEWS: European diplomat confirms meeting of 27 EU finance ministers has been cancelled   I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
BREAKING NEWS: European diplomat confirms meeting of 27 EU finance ministers has been cancelled   I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
BREAKING NEWS: European diplomat confirms meeting of 27 EU finance ministers has been cancelled   I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
BREAKING NEWS: European diplomat confirms meeting of 27 EU finance ministers has been cancelled   I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

BREAKING NEWS: European diplomat confirms meeting of 27 EU finance ministers has been cancelled

3 posters

Go down

BREAKING NEWS: European diplomat confirms meeting of 27 EU finance ministers has been cancelled   Empty BREAKING NEWS: European diplomat confirms meeting of 27 EU finance ministers has been cancelled

Post by lexie Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:31 am

October 25, 2011 1:09 pm

[UPDATED] A sign the big summit could fall short?

Juncker, left, heads Eurogroup of 17 euro finance ministers. Rostowski, right, the Ecofin of all 27.

UPDATE: European diplomat confirms meeting of 27 EU finance ministers has been cancelled.

It’s getting uncomfortably close to crunch time for eurozone leaders, with just over 24 hours left before the summit-to-end-all-summits. But will they actually be able to agree on the big euro rescue plan? A letter sent last night by Jacek Rostowski, the Polish finance minister, makes it seem doubtful.

Since Poland currently holds the European Union’s rotating presidency, Rostowski is charged with convening a meeting of all 27 EU finance ministers tomorrow ahead of the big summit to lay the groundwork for a final agreement.

But officials tell Brussels Blog the so-called “Ecofin” council meeting is now likely off, and in a letter to Jean-Claude Juncker, the Luxembourg prime minister who chairs the group of 17 eurozone finance ministers, Rostowski makes it appear the cancellation is due to a failure to agree on outstanding issues.
As things stand at present, I understand that the full package may not be ready by Wednesday, 26 October. Were this the case, the presidency would need to postpone the Ecofin council meeting by a day or two. Therefore I would like to ask you to keep me informed on when the remaining elements of the package will be completed by the Eurogroup so that I can convene the Ecofin meeting as promptly as possible.

An Ecofin council meeting ahead of the summit is specifically called for in the conclusions of Sunday’s summit, which say Ecofin must “finalise this work” on a bank recapitalisation plan before the Wednesday gathering.

Other officials told Brussels Blog that there is a growing belief that any meeting of Ecofin or Mr Juncker’s eurogroup is superfluous, since heads of government will have to make all the major decisions Wednesday night anyway. But cancelling meetings of finance ministers ahead of time may not augur well for what’s to come.

http://blogs.ft.com/brusselsblog/2011/10/a-sign-wednesdays-summit-could-fall-short/#axzz1bnr4hko2

"WHEN THE POWER OF LOVE OVERCOMES THE LOVE OF POWER, THE WORLD WILL KNOW PEACE"
lexie
lexie
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

BREAKING NEWS: European diplomat confirms meeting of 27 EU finance ministers has been cancelled   Empty Re: BREAKING NEWS: European diplomat confirms meeting of 27 EU finance ministers has been cancelled

Post by lexie Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:52 am

BRUSSELS | Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:19am EDT

BRUSSELS (Reuters) - European Union finance ministers have canceled a meeting set for Wednesday but the summit of EU leaders and of the euro zone leaders will proceed as normal, an EU spokesman said on Tuesday.

The EU finance ministers meeting, known as an Ecofin, was canceled because the details of issues to be discussed at the meeting have not been finalized, sources told Reuters.

Poland, which holds the rotating EU presidency until the end of the year, is responsible for organizing Ecofins and was responsible for deciding to cancel Wednesday's meeting.

Euro zone financial officials will still meet ahead of the summit, the EU spokesman said, and Ecofin may also meet in the coming days to work on the details of whatever euro zone leaders agree on Wednesday night.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/10/25/us-eurozone-meeting-idUSTRE79O42S20111025

"WHEN THE POWER OF LOVE OVERCOMES THE LOVE OF POWER, THE WORLD WILL KNOW PEACE"
lexie
lexie
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

BREAKING NEWS: European diplomat confirms meeting of 27 EU finance ministers has been cancelled   Empty Re: BREAKING NEWS: European diplomat confirms meeting of 27 EU finance ministers has been cancelled

Post by Rockin'RV Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:51 pm

The EU finance ministers meeting, known as an Ecofin, was canceled because the details of issues to be discussed at the meeting have not been finalized, sources told Reuters.

I wonder what those details were? hmmmmmmmmmmmm.....ya think RV? Hello?

Rockin'RV

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:55 pm

It smells like they need more time to finalize the rv...

Back to top Go down

Post by 1alaskan Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:32 pm

If they don't come up with something very soon, This could cause all world markets drop like rocks, as the traders were put of from the weekend to Wednesday, now no Wednesday.

Not good news for investors in the markets. At this point a RV would help, but not fix the problems.

Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.
Marilyn Vos Savant

Yesterday would have been better, but today is a good day

Remember as always, JMHO
Rantings from just north of sixty

1alaskan
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum