Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Carnival Rides
Former Unaoil boss jailed for bribes to win $1.7bn contracts in war-torn Iraq I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2024 5:03 pm by kenlej

» Go Russia
Former Unaoil boss jailed for bribes to win $1.7bn contracts in war-torn Iraq I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 11:37 am by kenlej

» Go Russia
Former Unaoil boss jailed for bribes to win $1.7bn contracts in war-torn Iraq I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 10:51 am by kenlej

» Textbook Tony
Former Unaoil boss jailed for bribes to win $1.7bn contracts in war-torn Iraq I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 4:13 pm by Mission1st

» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
Former Unaoil boss jailed for bribes to win $1.7bn contracts in war-torn Iraq I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Former Unaoil boss jailed for bribes to win $1.7bn contracts in war-torn Iraq I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Former Unaoil boss jailed for bribes to win $1.7bn contracts in war-torn Iraq I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Former Unaoil boss jailed for bribes to win $1.7bn contracts in war-torn Iraq I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Former Unaoil boss jailed for bribes to win $1.7bn contracts in war-torn Iraq I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Former Unaoil boss jailed for bribes to win $1.7bn contracts in war-torn Iraq I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Former Unaoil boss jailed for bribes to win $1.7bn contracts in war-torn Iraq I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Former Unaoil boss jailed for bribes to win $1.7bn contracts in war-torn Iraq I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Former Unaoil boss jailed for bribes to win $1.7bn contracts in war-torn Iraq I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Former Unaoil boss jailed for bribes to win $1.7bn contracts in war-torn Iraq I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Former Unaoil boss jailed for bribes to win $1.7bn contracts in war-torn Iraq I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Former Unaoil boss jailed for bribes to win $1.7bn contracts in war-torn Iraq I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Former Unaoil boss jailed for bribes to win $1.7bn contracts in war-torn Iraq I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Former Unaoil boss jailed for bribes to win $1.7bn contracts in war-torn Iraq I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Former Unaoil boss jailed for bribes to win $1.7bn contracts in war-torn Iraq I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Former Unaoil boss jailed for bribes to win $1.7bn contracts in war-torn Iraq I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

Former Unaoil boss jailed for bribes to win $1.7bn contracts in war-torn Iraq

Go down

Former Unaoil boss jailed for bribes to win $1.7bn contracts in war-torn Iraq Empty Former Unaoil boss jailed for bribes to win $1.7bn contracts in war-torn Iraq

Post by GirlBye Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:43 pm

A former Unaoil executive has been jailed for more than three years for paying bribes to win $1.7bn of contracts in post-occupation Iraq.

Former Unaoil boss jailed for bribes to win $1.7bn contracts in war-torn Iraq SFO-sign-1-scaled-1-752x564

A former Unaoil executive has been jailed for more than three years for paying bribes to win $1.7bn of contracts in post-occupation Iraq.

The UK’s Serious Fraud Office said Basil Al Jarah, the former Iraq partner at Unaoil, conspired with others to pay more than $17m in bribes to secure the work, driving up the cost of rebuilding a war-torn country.

The bribes provided contracts for Unaoil and its clients to construct oil pipelines, offshore mooring buoys and other infrastructure projects in the Persian Gulf, collectively worth more than $1.7billion (£1.3bn).
Al Jarah’s contracts for Unaoil formed part of the Iraqi Ministry of Oil’s ‘Master Plan’ to rebuild its oil export capacity following the toppling of Saddam Hussein in 2003.

It comes after co-conspirator on the mooring buoys bribery, Stephen Whiteley, from Aberdeen, was jailed for three years July for one count of conspiracy to give corrupt payments.
His fellow conspirator Ziad Akle was jailed for five years on two counts.
Al Jarah, 70, pleaded guilty to five offences of conspiracy to give corrupt payments in July 2019 after the Serious Fraud Office (SFO) opened its investigation in 2016. He has been jailed for three years and four months.
Lisa Osofsky, director of the SFO, said: “Al Jarah and his co-conspirators’ machinations, driven by greed and heartless avarice, compromised the fairness of the bidding process and ultimately drove up the price a war-torn country had to pay for essential infrastructural upgrades, earning Unaoil and its clients vast profits in the process.

This was a classic case of corruption, where powerful men took advantage of the desperation and vulnerability of others to line their own pockets.  I’m proud that the SFO could bring these men to justice.” At his sentencing hearing on Thursday, the SFO said Al Jarah asked for further offences to be taken into consideration in relation to two other projects: one to install an oil platform and one to install a third oil pipeline.

https://www.energyvoice.com/oilandgas/270745/unaoil-boss-jailed-bribes-iraq/
GirlBye
GirlBye
VIP NewsHound
VIP NewsHound

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum