Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
EBRD set to decide on Iraq membership next month I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
EBRD set to decide on Iraq membership next month I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
EBRD set to decide on Iraq membership next month I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
EBRD set to decide on Iraq membership next month I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
EBRD set to decide on Iraq membership next month I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
EBRD set to decide on Iraq membership next month I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
EBRD set to decide on Iraq membership next month I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
EBRD set to decide on Iraq membership next month I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
EBRD set to decide on Iraq membership next month I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
EBRD set to decide on Iraq membership next month I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
EBRD set to decide on Iraq membership next month I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
EBRD set to decide on Iraq membership next month I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
EBRD set to decide on Iraq membership next month I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
EBRD set to decide on Iraq membership next month I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
EBRD set to decide on Iraq membership next month I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
EBRD set to decide on Iraq membership next month I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
EBRD set to decide on Iraq membership next month I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
EBRD set to decide on Iraq membership next month I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
EBRD set to decide on Iraq membership next month I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
EBRD set to decide on Iraq membership next month I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

EBRD set to decide on Iraq membership next month

Go down

EBRD set to decide on Iraq membership next month Empty EBRD set to decide on Iraq membership next month

Post by GirlBye Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:29 pm

DUBAI, Sept 21 (Reuters) - The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) is assessing a request from Iraq to become a member of the multilateral financial institution, the bank’s acting president said on Monday.

Iraq, an oil producer whose economy is suffering from the double blow of the coronavirus crisis and lower oil prices, could potentially receive funding to support its private sector if it joins.

Iraq’s membership will be decided by our board of governors at the annual meeting in three weeks from now,” said Jurgen Rigterink, the EBRD’s Acting President.
Set up in 1991 to help ex-communist countries of eastern Europe shift to market economies, the EBRD has widened its geographic scope in recent years to countries including Egypt, Tunisia and Morocco.

Earlier this year its shareholders gave the go-ahead to Algeria becoming a member.

“Algeria’s membership has been approved but hopefully we’ll be able to finalise at the beginning of next year whether it will become a recipient country, which is a decision to be taken by the bank’s shareholders,” said Rigterink.

A potential expansion of the bank’s operations into Sub-Saharan Africa has been put on hold, he said, as the bank deals with the impact of the coronavirus pandemic.
“We will seek guidance from our shareholders by next year, but at this point in time we’d like to focus completely on our current countries of operation.”

Majority-owned by the G7 group of major economies, the EBRD has said it expected to invest around 21 billion euros through to the end of 2021 to provide support during the coronavirus pandemic.

As of the end of August, it had invested 1.34 billion euros in the southern and eastern Mediterranean region, which includes Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco and Tunisia - more than double the amount it invested there over the same period last year.
Lebanon, however, saw muted EBRD activity this year, said Rigterink.
“For us a successful International Monetary Fund programme is important to stabilise the country from an economic and financial point of view,” he said.

https://www.reuters.com/article/ebrd-mideast-iraq-idUSL5N2GI49M
GirlBye
GirlBye
VIP NewsHound
VIP NewsHound

claud39 likes this post

Back to top Go down

EBRD set to decide on Iraq membership next month Empty Re: EBRD set to decide on Iraq membership next month

Post by GirlBye Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:33 pm

EBRD President Chakrabarti on Iraq, Africa expansion #EBRDAM

GirlBye
GirlBye
VIP NewsHound
VIP NewsHound

Back to top Go down

EBRD set to decide on Iraq membership next month Empty Re: EBRD set to decide on Iraq membership next month

Post by GirlBye Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:02 pm

EBRD President Suma Chakrabarti shares his vision of the future of development finance

GirlBye
GirlBye
VIP NewsHound
VIP NewsHound

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum