Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Textbook Tony
Business Owners In Seattle’s “Autonomous Zone” File Class Action Lawsuit I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 4:13 pm by Mission1st

» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
Business Owners In Seattle’s “Autonomous Zone” File Class Action Lawsuit I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Business Owners In Seattle’s “Autonomous Zone” File Class Action Lawsuit I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Business Owners In Seattle’s “Autonomous Zone” File Class Action Lawsuit I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Business Owners In Seattle’s “Autonomous Zone” File Class Action Lawsuit I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Business Owners In Seattle’s “Autonomous Zone” File Class Action Lawsuit I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Business Owners In Seattle’s “Autonomous Zone” File Class Action Lawsuit I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Business Owners In Seattle’s “Autonomous Zone” File Class Action Lawsuit I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Business Owners In Seattle’s “Autonomous Zone” File Class Action Lawsuit I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Business Owners In Seattle’s “Autonomous Zone” File Class Action Lawsuit I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Business Owners In Seattle’s “Autonomous Zone” File Class Action Lawsuit I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Business Owners In Seattle’s “Autonomous Zone” File Class Action Lawsuit I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Business Owners In Seattle’s “Autonomous Zone” File Class Action Lawsuit I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Business Owners In Seattle’s “Autonomous Zone” File Class Action Lawsuit I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Business Owners In Seattle’s “Autonomous Zone” File Class Action Lawsuit I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Business Owners In Seattle’s “Autonomous Zone” File Class Action Lawsuit I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Business Owners In Seattle’s “Autonomous Zone” File Class Action Lawsuit I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Business Owners In Seattle’s “Autonomous Zone” File Class Action Lawsuit I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Business Owners In Seattle’s “Autonomous Zone” File Class Action Lawsuit I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Business Owners In Seattle’s “Autonomous Zone” File Class Action Lawsuit I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

Business Owners In Seattle’s “Autonomous Zone” File Class Action Lawsuit

Go down

Business Owners In Seattle’s “Autonomous Zone” File Class Action Lawsuit Empty Business Owners In Seattle’s “Autonomous Zone” File Class Action Lawsuit

Post by Ponee Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:02 pm

A group of businesses inside Seattle’s “autonomous zone” along with residents and property owners have filed a class action lawsuit against the City of Seattlesaying officials have been complicit in depriving them of their rights to their property by allowing the occupation to continue.

They say the lawsuit:

“is about the constitutional and other legal rights of plaintiffs — businesses, employees, and residents in and around CHOP — which have been overrun by the city of Seattle’s unprecedented decision to abandon and close off an entire city neighborhood, leaving it unchecked by the police, unserved by fire and emergency health services, and inaccessible to the public at large.”

Attorney Angelo Calfo is representing the group, he says “our clients want public order. They want public safety. They want access to their streets and to the properties.” 

The suit points out that:

“the City’s conduct has enabled the widespread destruction and vandalism of private property. Graffiti is pervasive throughout CHOP—it is not only on barriers, streets, sidewalks, but also on nearly every private building within CHOP. Graffiti that is painted over almost immediately returns, and property owners have been told by CHOP participants that if they dare to paint over graffiti, their buildings will be more severely vandalized or even burned to the ground.”

As Seattle’s KIRO-TV reports:

In the class-action lawsuit, filed in U.S. District Court, about a dozen businesses, residents and property owners said they had sometimes been threatened for photographing protesters in public areas or for cleaning graffiti off their storefronts. The owner of the auto shop Car Tender said a burglar broke in the night of June 14, started a fire using hand sanitizer as an accelerant, and then attacked his son with a knife when confronted.

The owner and his son managed to put out the fire and detain the burglar, the complaint said, but police never responded to their 911 calls. A large crowd of “CHOP participants” then came to the scene and forced the owner to release the arsonist, it said.

Other businesses, including the family-run label manufacturing company Richmark Label, said they had been unable to send or receive packages because delivery companies won’t go near the protest zone or because access to their loading dock had been blocked by barricades.

Magdalena Sky, the proprietor of Tattoos and Fortune, said in the complaint she is a supporter of Black Lives Matter but that her business was down severely due to the protest. A physical therapist and wine shop also said clients or customers had been afraid to enter the area.

The suit seeks unspecified damages that will be determined at trial.

https://ktrh.iheart.com/featured/michael-berry/content/2020-06-25-business-owners-in-seattles-autonomous-zone-file-class-action-lawsuit/?fbclid=IwAR3WIfXnk5CLozHkeMQktPjNIoHvQvjohBSOv46KYRJPsESyZ-XlwhE0eOA

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum