Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Vietnam - Central bank’s decision to devaluate dong described as wise move I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Vietnam - Central bank’s decision to devaluate dong described as wise move I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Vietnam - Central bank’s decision to devaluate dong described as wise move I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Vietnam - Central bank’s decision to devaluate dong described as wise move I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Vietnam - Central bank’s decision to devaluate dong described as wise move I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Vietnam - Central bank’s decision to devaluate dong described as wise move I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Vietnam - Central bank’s decision to devaluate dong described as wise move I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Vietnam - Central bank’s decision to devaluate dong described as wise move I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Vietnam - Central bank’s decision to devaluate dong described as wise move I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Vietnam - Central bank’s decision to devaluate dong described as wise move I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Vietnam - Central bank’s decision to devaluate dong described as wise move I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Vietnam - Central bank’s decision to devaluate dong described as wise move I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Vietnam - Central bank’s decision to devaluate dong described as wise move I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Vietnam - Central bank’s decision to devaluate dong described as wise move I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Vietnam - Central bank’s decision to devaluate dong described as wise move I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Vietnam - Central bank’s decision to devaluate dong described as wise move I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Vietnam - Central bank’s decision to devaluate dong described as wise move I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Vietnam - Central bank’s decision to devaluate dong described as wise move I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Vietnam - Central bank’s decision to devaluate dong described as wise move I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
Vietnam - Central bank’s decision to devaluate dong described as wise move I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

Vietnam - Central bank’s decision to devaluate dong described as wise move

4 posters

Go down

Vietnam - Central bank’s decision to devaluate dong described as wise move Empty Vietnam - Central bank’s decision to devaluate dong described as wise move

Post by lexie Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:02 pm

October 17, 2011

Central bank’s decision to devaluate dong described as wise move

Experts all believe that the decision by the State Bank of Vietnam to adjust the interbank exchange rate by another 10 dong per dollar to 20,678 dong per dollar is a “reasonable, flexible and timely” move. The devaluation has been made after the State Bank announced that the exchange rate adjustment, if it is made, will not be higher than one percent by the end of 2011.

After keeping the dong/dollar exchange rate stable for more than one month, the State Bank of Vietnam has been adjusting the exchange rate continuously since the beginning of October. To date, the dollar price has appreciated by 50 dong per dollar in comparison with September, or 0.24 percent.

The 0.24 percent dong devaluation is not too big which is just within the one percent limit promised by the State Bank. However, the consecutive exchange rate adjustment in the last few days shows that the pressure on the dong/dollar exchange rate is getting harder.

Dr Le Dang Doanh has also affirmed that the dollar price has been appreciating significantly recently, but the appreciation has not exceeded the one percent threshold. “I believe that the exchange rate adjustment is a reasonable move by the State Bank,” Doanh said.

The current dollar lending interest rates are clearly much lower than the dong interest rates, which has prompted businesses to borrow dollars instead of dong. The outstanding loans in foreign currencies have reportedly reached 7.6 billion dollars. The problem is that many of the borrowers borrow dollars and then sell dollars for Vietnam dong to do business.

This means that when the loans become matured, they will have to buy dollars to pay debts, while the capability of earning dollars to pay debts is not certain, because they do have earnings from exports.

As such, if businesses continue borrowing in dollars even though they do not have earnings dollars to pay debts, they will have to buy dollars on the market. This would lead to the overly high demand for dollars at the same time, thus causing uncertainties to the market.

In order to dispel the risk, it is necessary to make foreign currency loans no more attractive to businesses.

“I believe that the dollar appreciation would help discourage businesses to borrow dollars from banks, especially the ones which have to use their dong to buy dollars, because they will suffer loss if the exchange rate increases,” Doanh said.

Earlier this year, a lot of businesses which borrowed dollars, once “tasted the bitterness” when the dollar price increased sharply by 9.3 percent.

The latest report released by the State Bank of Vietnam showed that in the week from September 24 to September 30, the dollar lending interest rates stayed between six and 7.5 percent for short term loans and 7.5-8 percent for long term loans. Meanwhile, the dong lending interest rates were much higher, 18-19 percent per annum.

In fact, the dong interest rates were much higher than the reported rates. Businesses said that they actually had to borrow money at the interest rates of 21-23 percent

Agreeing with Doanh, Dr Nguyen Minh Phong said that the central bank has made a reasonable move when adjusting the exchange rate, because the new exchange rate can truly reflect the foreign currency market performance. The decision will also help reduce the virtual demand for dollars, while people and businesses do not want to hoard up dollars any more

Dr Le Tham Duong thinks that the dollar demand is now very big which may cause the supply and demand imbalance. The big pressure on the dollar demand has been caused not only by the loans to be matured in the last months of the year, but also by the influences of the gold market. Therefore, adjusting the exchange rate now is considered a wise move.

Though the State Bank has adjusted the exchange rate, but this does not make people think that the dollar price would keep rising continuously, because the central bank has promised that the adjustment would not be higher than one percent. Therefore, Duong said, businesses would feel secure when planning their business.

http://www.vietfinancenews.com/2011/10/central-banks-decision-to-devaluate.html

"WHEN THE POWER OF LOVE OVERCOMES THE LOVE OF POWER, THE WORLD WILL KNOW PEACE"
lexie
lexie
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Vietnam - Central bank’s decision to devaluate dong described as wise move Empty Re: Vietnam - Central bank’s decision to devaluate dong described as wise move

Post by Siaya Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:09 pm

Ah, don't you just LOVE it? When Athena and Okie posted one year ago, the DONG HAD OFFICIALLY RV'd, at .04 cents, and that they SAW from their intel sources the facts, here we are reading today, it has DEvalued, not REvalued. Amazing. I truly believe our Forum leaders really do need to reconsider their sources. If I was continually FED wrong intel, info, sources speaking nothing but ill fated facts as they call them, I would FIND NEW sources. For this to have gone on THIS long, especially this WHOLE past year, should make us ALL wonder, what is REALLY GOING ON with this investment. Over my 7 years, I have seen REALLY GOOD faithful people come and go on these forums. The wise got wiser, but the newbies keep the forums abuzz as IF they truly believe all they hear. I pray they are not in for the long haul like many of us have been. We ALL pray for this to come to pass, but after hearing for SO many years, and SO Long about things being done, HOW can something be DONE, when it is NOT done?

Jesus IS Lord! Jesus said, Marvel not that I said you MUST be Born Again--Jn.3;3-8
Siaya
Siaya
Elite Member
Elite Member

http://NewCovenantWorldOutreach.com

Back to top Go down

Vietnam - Central bank’s decision to devaluate dong described as wise move Empty Re: Vietnam - Central bank’s decision to devaluate dong described as wise move

Post by 1alaskan Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:15 pm

First thanks lexie, for you do take care of us with the VND,

Second, Siaya, "HOW can something be DONE, when it is NOT done?"

Good question

Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.
Marilyn Vos Savant

Yesterday would have been better, but today is a good day

Remember as always, JMHO
Rantings from just north of sixty

1alaskan
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by openmind Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:33 pm

Who is Athena? I didn't buy dong for one reason. All the arguments used against those suggesting the IQD will LOP, apply to Vietnam.

RON PAUL 2012

"People want to see real hope restored, not false hope hyped up!" ---Me

"I either want less corruption, or more chance to participate in it."---Dinar Pumpers
openmind
openmind
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by lexie Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:38 pm

1alaskan wrote:First thanks lexie, for you do take care of us with the VND,

Second, Siaya, "HOW can something be DONE, when it is NOT done?"

Good question

Hey,you're very welcome!! Wink

Last edited by lexie on Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

lexie
lexie
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by lexie Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:42 pm

openmind wrote:Who is Athena? I didn't buy dong for one reason. All the arguments used against those suggesting the IQD will LOP, apply to Vietnam.

fyi~ Athena was a "Intel Mod" at The G.E.T Team !!

Last edited by lexie on Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:43 am; edited 1 time in total

lexie
lexie
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by openmind Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:39 am

openmind wrote:
hubby wrote:well fellows, i think i remember the old story about possbility of kuwait failing as a country, no revaluation of a worthless currency, the country would not even operate as it was before the iraqi invasion, and low and behold, what do we have?

Did you invest and profit from the RI of the KWD back in 1993?

RON PAUL 2012

"I either want less corruption, or more chance to participate in it."---Dinar Pumpers
openmind
openmind
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by openmind Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:40 am

lexie wrote:
openmind wrote:Who is Athena? I didn't buy dong for one reason. All the arguments used against those suggesting the IQD will LOP, apply to Vietnam.

fyi~ Athena was an "Intel Mod" at The G.E.T Team !!

Thanks. Did she take a leave or just vanish?

RON PAUL 2012

openmind
openmind
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum