Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
Pentagon: Trump administration seeks to reduce its financial contribution to NATO I_icon_minitimeToday at 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Pentagon: Trump administration seeks to reduce its financial contribution to NATO I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Pentagon: Trump administration seeks to reduce its financial contribution to NATO I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Pentagon: Trump administration seeks to reduce its financial contribution to NATO I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Pentagon: Trump administration seeks to reduce its financial contribution to NATO I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Pentagon: Trump administration seeks to reduce its financial contribution to NATO I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Pentagon: Trump administration seeks to reduce its financial contribution to NATO I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Pentagon: Trump administration seeks to reduce its financial contribution to NATO I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Pentagon: Trump administration seeks to reduce its financial contribution to NATO I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Pentagon: Trump administration seeks to reduce its financial contribution to NATO I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Pentagon: Trump administration seeks to reduce its financial contribution to NATO I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Pentagon: Trump administration seeks to reduce its financial contribution to NATO I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Pentagon: Trump administration seeks to reduce its financial contribution to NATO I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Pentagon: Trump administration seeks to reduce its financial contribution to NATO I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Pentagon: Trump administration seeks to reduce its financial contribution to NATO I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Pentagon: Trump administration seeks to reduce its financial contribution to NATO I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Pentagon: Trump administration seeks to reduce its financial contribution to NATO I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Pentagon: Trump administration seeks to reduce its financial contribution to NATO I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Pentagon: Trump administration seeks to reduce its financial contribution to NATO I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Pentagon: Trump administration seeks to reduce its financial contribution to NATO I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

Pentagon: Trump administration seeks to reduce its financial contribution to NATO

Go down

Pentagon: Trump administration seeks to reduce its financial contribution to NATO Empty Pentagon: Trump administration seeks to reduce its financial contribution to NATO

Post by claud39 Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:46 pm

[size=30]Pentagon: Trump administration seeks to reduce its financial contribution to NATO[/size]

28/11/2019

Pentagon: Trump administration seeks to reduce its financial contribution to NATO Thumbnail.php?file=157496616553895500_274764202

Al-Ahd News- Continue

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The Donald Trump administration is moving to cut its contribution to NATO's collective budget dramatically, CNN said on Thursday.

Citing unnamed Pentagon officials, the network said the Trump administration was seeking to reduce its contribution to about 16 percent, bringing it closer to Germany, which provides 14.8 percent despite a larger US economy.

The US and other officials in the "NATO", it is expected to compensate other members of the Alliance that the shortfall by reducing the US contribution, according to the news network.

A NATO official said: "All allies have agreed on a new cost-sharing formula.

"This is an important demonstration of the allies' commitment to the alliance and a more equitable burden-sharing," the official said.

A diplomat in the "NATO", that the new version was approved this week.

A Pentagon official said the money provided by the United States would help fund other US military and security efforts in Europe, including programs in countries such as Ukraine and Georgia, which are not members of the alliance, which are seen as being on the front line with Russia.

The network considered the reduction of Washington's contribution to the budget a symbolic step comes as many continue to question Trump's commitment to the coalition, as he prepares to attend a summit to celebrate his 70th anniversary in London next week.

Previously, the United States provided about 22 percent of NATO's direct funding, which covers the cost of maintaining its headquarters, joint security investments and some joint military operations.

According to the network that the direct budget of NATO is relatively small, amounting to about $ 2.5 billion, which is separate from the national defense budgets, which NATO recommends to reach 2 percent of GDP.

Trump has long criticized NATO allies, particularly Germany, for failing to meet the goal of 2 percent of NATO's defense spending, which is met by only eight of the current 29 members.

All members have pledged to reach the 2 percent level by 2024, but not all have plans to do so, and member states have sharply boosted defense spending in recent years, as Trump has called for.

NATO officials, including Secretary-General Jens Stoltenberg, have credited Trump with rising spending, spending an additional $ 100 billion since 2014, but also acknowledged the growing threat from Russia after its takeover of Crimea.

http://alahadnews.net/index.php/permalink/190453.html

claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum