Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs hands over the last batch of archives and the Emiri archives to the Kuwaiti side I_icon_minitimeToday at 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs hands over the last batch of archives and the Emiri archives to the Kuwaiti side I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs hands over the last batch of archives and the Emiri archives to the Kuwaiti side I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs hands over the last batch of archives and the Emiri archives to the Kuwaiti side I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs hands over the last batch of archives and the Emiri archives to the Kuwaiti side I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs hands over the last batch of archives and the Emiri archives to the Kuwaiti side I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs hands over the last batch of archives and the Emiri archives to the Kuwaiti side I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs hands over the last batch of archives and the Emiri archives to the Kuwaiti side I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs hands over the last batch of archives and the Emiri archives to the Kuwaiti side I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs hands over the last batch of archives and the Emiri archives to the Kuwaiti side I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs hands over the last batch of archives and the Emiri archives to the Kuwaiti side I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs hands over the last batch of archives and the Emiri archives to the Kuwaiti side I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs hands over the last batch of archives and the Emiri archives to the Kuwaiti side I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs hands over the last batch of archives and the Emiri archives to the Kuwaiti side I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs hands over the last batch of archives and the Emiri archives to the Kuwaiti side I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs hands over the last batch of archives and the Emiri archives to the Kuwaiti side I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs hands over the last batch of archives and the Emiri archives to the Kuwaiti side I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs hands over the last batch of archives and the Emiri archives to the Kuwaiti side I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs hands over the last batch of archives and the Emiri archives to the Kuwaiti side I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs hands over the last batch of archives and the Emiri archives to the Kuwaiti side I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs hands over the last batch of archives and the Emiri archives to the Kuwaiti side

Go down

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs hands over the last batch of archives and the Emiri archives to the Kuwaiti side Empty The Ministry of Foreign Affairs hands over the last batch of archives and the Emiri archives to the Kuwaiti side

Post by claud39 Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:14 pm

[size=34]The Ministry of Foreign Affairs hands over the last batch of archives and the Emiri archives to the Kuwaiti side[/size]

27/10/2019

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs hands over the last batch of archives and the Emiri archives to the Kuwaiti side Photo_2019-10-27_16-20-17

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs handed over to the Kuwaiti side the last batch of archives and the Emiri archive.

Undersecretary of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs for Legal Affairs and Multilateral Relations, Ambassador Hazem Al-Yousifi, headed the Iraqi delegation.The 200,000 books belonging to Kuwait University and the National Library were handed over on Sunday 27/10/2019 at Saud Al-Nasser Al-Sabah Diplomatic Institute.

Al-Yousifi explained that Iraq has handed over all Kuwaiti property found by the concerned authorities.

This is in compliance with relevant UN Security Council resolutions, the latest of which is resolution 2107 of 2013.

https://undocs.org/S/RES/2107(2013)

https://www.mofa.gov.iq/2019/10/?p=5558

Security Council 

Distr.: General 27 June 2013 

13-37663* (E) *1337663* Resolution 2107 (2013) Adopted by the Security Council at its 6990th meeting, on 27 June 2013 

The Security Council, Recalling its relevant resolutions on the situation between Iraq and Kuwait, in particular resolutions 686 (1991), 687 (1991), 833 (1993), and 1284 (1999), and the reports of the Secretary-General pursuant to paragraph 14 of resolution 1284, 

Recognizing that the situation that now exists in Iraq is significantly different from that which existed at the time of the adoption of resolution 661 (1990), and further recognizing the importance of Iraq achieving international standing equal to that which it held prior to the adoption of resolution 661 (1990),

Welcoming Iraq’s continued demonstration of its commitment to the full implementation of its outstanding obligations under the relevant Chapter VII resolutions, namely the continuation of payment of the outstanding amount of compensation administered by the United Nations Compensation Commission, and both Iraq and Kuwait’s efforts to advance regional stability, and welcoming also all the positive steps that have been taken by the Government of Iraq to fulfil resolution 833 (1993), 

Welcoming further the ongoing cooperation between Iraq and Kuwait in the search for missing Kuwaiti and third-country nationals within the framework of the Tripartite Commission and its Technical Subcommittee under the auspices of the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), and the positive efforts by the Government of Iraq regarding the return of all Kuwaiti and third-country nationals or their remains, and the return of Kuwaiti property,

Reiterating the need for continued efforts to locate and repatriate missing Kuwaiti property, including the national archives, through the Iraqi interministerial committee established for this purpose,

Expressing its deep appreciation to the late Ambassador Yuli Vorontsov and Ambassador Gennady Tarasov, who in the capacity of High-level Coordinator, devoted their time and professional skills to carrying out the mandate outlined in paragraph 14 of resolution 1284 (1999) and ensuring that its implementation built trust between Iraq and Kuwait and contributed to the full normalization of their relations, 

Noting that the mandate of the United Nations Assistance Mission for Iraq (UNAMI) includes advising, supporting, and assisting the Government of Iraq in facilitating regional dialogue, With consideration to the provisions of Chapter VI of the Charter of the United Nations on the pacific settlement of disputes, 

1. Welcomes the report of the Secretary-General of 17 June 2013 (S/2013/357) and the letters from the Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs of the State of Kuwait1 and the Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Iraq2 to the Secretary-General; 

2. Calls upon the Government of Iraq, in furtherance of its commitment to facilitate the repatriation of all Kuwaiti and third-country nationals referred to in paragraph 30 of resolution 687 (1991), to continue cooperation with the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) by providing any information of such persons, facilitating the access of ICRC to all such persons wherever they might be and facilitating the search by ICRC for those Kuwaiti and third-country nationals or their remains still unaccounted for, and to continue efforts to search for missing Kuwaiti property, including the national archives, through its interministerial committee; 

3. Decides, under Chapter VII of the Charter of the United Nations, to terminate the measures in paragraphs 2 (c), 2 (d) and 3 (c) of resolution 686 (1991), paragraph 30 of resolution 687 (1991) and the arrangements set forth in paragraph 14 of resolution 1284 (1999), and reaffirmed in subsequent relevant resolutions; 

4. Requests that the Special Representative of the Secretary-General and Head of the United Nations Assistance Mission to Iraq (UNAMI) promote, support and facilitate efforts regarding the repatriation or return of all Kuwaiti and thirdcountry nationals or their remains, and the return of Kuwaiti property, including the national archives, seized by Iraq, further requests the Secretary-General to report separately to the Security Council on these matters in his reports on the progress made towards the fulfilment of all UNAMI’s responsibilities, and also requests that the Secretary-General consider designating the Deputy Special Representative of the Secretary-General at UNAMI covering political affairs with the responsibility for overseeing these issues and ensuring appropriate resources for this purpose; 

5. Expresses its intention to review the modalities of the reporting referred to in operative paragraph 4 of this resolution, upon the eventual termination of UNAMI’s mandate, with a view towards considering a continued role for the United Nations in such matters if needed; 

6. Decides to remain seized of the matter. 

https://undocs.org/S/RES/2107(2013)
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum