Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Go Russia
New EU Funding to Assist Displaced Iraqis I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 11:37 am by kenlej

» Go Russia
New EU Funding to Assist Displaced Iraqis I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 10:51 am by kenlej

» Textbook Tony
New EU Funding to Assist Displaced Iraqis I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 4:13 pm by Mission1st

» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
New EU Funding to Assist Displaced Iraqis I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
New EU Funding to Assist Displaced Iraqis I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
New EU Funding to Assist Displaced Iraqis I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
New EU Funding to Assist Displaced Iraqis I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
New EU Funding to Assist Displaced Iraqis I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
New EU Funding to Assist Displaced Iraqis I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
New EU Funding to Assist Displaced Iraqis I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
New EU Funding to Assist Displaced Iraqis I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
New EU Funding to Assist Displaced Iraqis I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
New EU Funding to Assist Displaced Iraqis I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
New EU Funding to Assist Displaced Iraqis I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
New EU Funding to Assist Displaced Iraqis I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
New EU Funding to Assist Displaced Iraqis I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
New EU Funding to Assist Displaced Iraqis I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
New EU Funding to Assist Displaced Iraqis I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
New EU Funding to Assist Displaced Iraqis I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
New EU Funding to Assist Displaced Iraqis I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

New EU Funding to Assist Displaced Iraqis

Go down

New EU Funding to Assist Displaced Iraqis Empty New EU Funding to Assist Displaced Iraqis

Post by claud39 Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:24 am

New EU Funding to Assist Displaced Iraqis

4th October 2019

New EU Funding to Assist Displaced Iraqis European-Union-flag-waving-Pixabay-623x346

UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency, welcomes a new donation of EUR 3 million from the EU to assist internally displaced persons (IDPs) in Iraq.

This funding will contribute to ensure the provision of legal assistance and civil documentation to over 30,000 internally displaced people (IDPs) across Iraq and to guarantee that camp management and camp coordination services (CCCM) are in place in all UNHCR-managed camps in Ninewa Governorate.

While Iraq recovers from conflict, the needs of its population diversify. Some 4.3 million people have returned to their homes and are restarting their lives, however the conditions for sustainable return are not yet met across all the country. Continued assistance for the 1.5 million individuals who remain displaced and the communities hosting them is essential to ensure a stable and peaceful recovery.

Commissioner for Humanitarian Aid and Crisis Management, Christos Stylianides, said:

“This new humanitarian assistance will be instrumental to help the most vulnerable populations in Iraq, especially the displaced. It is essential for the stability of the country. The people of Europe stand in full solidarity with the people of Iraq in this critical phase.”

Guaranteeing access to legal assistance and the obtention of civil documentation is a key aspect of recovery as it is a basic requirement for displaced persons to establish their legal identity, access public services, return to their homes, and exercise their basic rights.

The generous donation from the EU will secure that IDPs have access to these fundamental services, ensuring that returns are conducted in a safe and sustainable manner. For those living in camps, support remains critical.

In Ninewa Governorate alone, over 50,000 IDPs (8,300 families) are still living in UNHCR-managed camps With the EU’s aid, UNHCR will be able to ensure adequate services and key camp infrastructures are in place to support those living in them.

Ayman Gharaibeh, UNHCR Representative in Iraq:

While the situation in Iraq has notably improved during the past years and the country is steadily transitioning and advancing into a new post-conflict phase, we need to continue supporting its people in their recovery and reconstruction efforts. Particularly the more than 1.5 million Iraqis still affected by displacement and wishing to rebuild their lives.

“This generous contribution by the EU enables us to be responsive and compassionate with those that continue relying heavily on humanitarian assistance. With ongoing support, we will stand with the people of Iraq until complete recovery is achieved.

(Source: UN)

http://www.iraq-businessnews.com/2019/10/04/new-eu-funding-to-assist-displaced-iraqis/
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum