Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
On the politicization of tomorrow's demonstrations: Let the people exercise their constitutional right - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
On the politicization of tomorrow's demonstrations: Let the people exercise their constitutional right - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
On the politicization of tomorrow's demonstrations: Let the people exercise their constitutional right - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
On the politicization of tomorrow's demonstrations: Let the people exercise their constitutional right - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
On the politicization of tomorrow's demonstrations: Let the people exercise their constitutional right - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
On the politicization of tomorrow's demonstrations: Let the people exercise their constitutional right - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
On the politicization of tomorrow's demonstrations: Let the people exercise their constitutional right - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
On the politicization of tomorrow's demonstrations: Let the people exercise their constitutional right - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
On the politicization of tomorrow's demonstrations: Let the people exercise their constitutional right - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
On the politicization of tomorrow's demonstrations: Let the people exercise their constitutional right - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
On the politicization of tomorrow's demonstrations: Let the people exercise their constitutional right - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
On the politicization of tomorrow's demonstrations: Let the people exercise their constitutional right - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
On the politicization of tomorrow's demonstrations: Let the people exercise their constitutional right - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
On the politicization of tomorrow's demonstrations: Let the people exercise their constitutional right - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
On the politicization of tomorrow's demonstrations: Let the people exercise their constitutional right - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
On the politicization of tomorrow's demonstrations: Let the people exercise their constitutional right - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
On the politicization of tomorrow's demonstrations: Let the people exercise their constitutional right - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
On the politicization of tomorrow's demonstrations: Let the people exercise their constitutional right - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
On the politicization of tomorrow's demonstrations: Let the people exercise their constitutional right - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
On the politicization of tomorrow's demonstrations: Let the people exercise their constitutional right - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

On the politicization of tomorrow's demonstrations: Let the people exercise their constitutional right

3 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

On the politicization of tomorrow's demonstrations: Let the people exercise their constitutional right - Page 3 Empty Pope calls on Iraqi authorities to listen to the cries of demonstrators

Post by claud39 Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:49 pm

Pope calls on Iraqi authorities to listen to the cries of demonstrators

30-10-2019

On the politicization of tomorrow's demonstrations: Let the people exercise their constitutional right - Page 3 Image

Orbit Agency -
Baghdad

[rtl]Pope Francis called on authorities in Iraq on Wednesday to heed the protesters' cries.[/rtl]

[rtl]Pope Francis said his thought was "close to a beloved Iraq", calling for "those tormented people to find peace and stability after many years of war and violence under which they have suffered so much."[/rtl]

[rtl]During Wednesday's open meeting with people at St. Peter's Square in the Vatican, the Pope added: 'Dear brothers and sisters, my thoughts are moving towards beloved Iraq, where the protests this month caused the death and injury of many people.'[/rtl]

[rtl]He continued: 'While expressing my deepest condolences to the victims and express their feelings of closeness to their families and the wounded, I call on the authorities to listen to the cry of the people who demand a dignified and peaceful life.'[/rtl]

[rtl]He concluded: 'I urge all Iraqis to take the path of dialogue and reconciliation and search for appropriate solutions to the challenges and problems of the country, with the support of the international community'.[/rtl]

[rtl]He concluded: 'I pray to God that this martyr people find peace and stability after years of war and violence'.[/rtl]

http://www.almadarnews.org/index.php?page=article&id=68191

claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

On the politicization of tomorrow's demonstrations: Let the people exercise their constitutional right - Page 3 Empty Iraq at a crossroads: UN urges national dialogue

Post by claud39 Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:13 am

[size=36]Iraq at a crossroads: UN urges national dialogue[/size]

Thursday, 31 October 2019 16:04

On the politicization of tomorrow's demonstrations: Let the people exercise their constitutional right - Page 3 UNofficiallogosmall

Baghdad, 31 October 2019 - Since demonstrations swept across many parts of Iraq in early October, the United Nations has engaged with a wide range of Iraqis in the search for solutions.

From day one, we have consistently called for the protection of peaceful protestors and the need to address their legitimate demands. We continue to condemn in the strongest terms the loss of life, the many injuries and the destruction of property. We are stressing the urgency of the situation at every turn.

After visiting the demonstrators, the Special Representative of the United Nations Secretary-General for Iraq, Jeanine Hennis-Plasschaert, observed: “On the streets I witnessed women, men, the young and the elderly, united under the Iraqi flag in their love for their country. Democracy has given Iraqis the right to have their voices heard and to hold their leaders to account. 

Today Iraq stands at a crossroads. Progress through dialogue, or divisive inaction. Violence only breeds more violence. A public national dialogue can bring Iraqis together to draw a roadmap towards a more inclusive, stable and prosperous Iraq. Full access to all information, facts and figures will prove key. Window dressing will only feed anger and resentment”.

Recalling the recent anniversary of the United Nations, the Special Representative noted “74 years ago, Iraq, alongside 50 other countries, founded the United Nations. Its fundamental principles are more important than ever: ‘to reaffirm faith in fundamental human rights’ and ‘to promote social progress and better standards of life in larger freedom’. Iraq is in the United Nations, and the United Nations is in Iraq. Today we stand by your side and are ready, if called upon, to bring together all parties and move forward on a roadmap that meets the legitimate demands of the Iraqi people ”.

For more information, please contact: Mr. Samir Ghattas, Director of Public Information/Spokesperson
United Nations Assistance Mission for Iraq, Phone: +964 790 193 1281, Email: ghattass@un.org
or the UNAMI Public Information Office: unami-information@un.org

http://www.uniraq.org/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=11978:iraq-at-a-crossroads-un-urges-national-dialogue&Itemid=605&lang=en
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

On the politicization of tomorrow's demonstrations: Let the people exercise their constitutional right - Page 3 Empty Amnesty International: Iraq uses teargas that "penetrate the skulls" and its Serb industry

Post by claud39 Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:06 am

[size=36]Amnesty International: Iraq uses teargas that "penetrate the skulls" and its Serb industry[/size]

01/11/2019

On the politicization of tomorrow's demonstrations: Let the people exercise their constitutional right - Page 3 61112019_1-1294793

BAGHDAD -

Five protesters were killed in Baghdad with tear gas "penetrating their skulls," Amnesty International said on Thursday, calling on Iraq to stop using the "unprecedented" type of bombs, which are 10 times the weight of the usual tear gas canisters.

Baghdad's Tahrir Square has become the center of the movement demanding the "overthrow of the regime." There, security forces showered with occasional tear gas.

In five days, at least five demonstrators were killed by "penetrating skulls" bombs fired by security forces, according to Amnesty.

The bombs, made in Bulgaria and Serbia, are "unprecedented" and "aimed at killing, not dispersing" demonstrators, the organization said.

Medical X-rays, which Amnesty International has confirmed, also show bombs that completely penetrated the skulls of these martyrs.

Tear gas canisters, usually used by police around the world, weigh between 25 and 50 grams, according to Amnesty, but those used in Baghdad "weigh from 220 to 250 grams" and are "ten times more powerful" when released.

A doctor in Baghdad told AFP he had seen "for the first time" casualties from the bombs.

Upon arrival at the hospital, the doctor added, "We know that the injured were hit by bombs through the smell. If they are still alive, we are looking for the wound to remove the bomb."

"It is clear that the effects are direct," he said, not caused by a rebound of bombs fired on the ground.

Amnesty International quoted a doctor at a hospital near Tahrir Square as saying that he receives "six to seven people a day with head injuries" by those bombs.

This comes at a time when more than 250 people have been killed in protests and acts in Iraq since October 1, according to an official toll.

https://www.mawazin.net/Details.aspx?jimare=71028
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

On the politicization of tomorrow's demonstrations: Let the people exercise their constitutional right - Page 3 Empty Iraqis are taking part in the country's biggest protest in 16 years

Post by claud39 Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:33 am

Iraqis are taking part in the country's biggest protest in 16 years

On the politicization of tomorrow's demonstrations: Let the people exercise their constitutional right - Page 3 1-1294865

[size=17]Thousands of Iraqis gathered in central Baghdad on Friday to demand the departure of the political elite in an event expected to be the biggest day of popular anti-government demonstrations since the fall of Saddam Hussein 16 years ago.[/size]

In recent days, the Iraqi protests, which have killed 250 people , have accelerated over the past month, drawing huge crowds from across society to reject political parties that have been in power since 2003.

Thousands have set up tents in Tahrir Square, central Baghdad, and thousands more have joined them, Reuters reported.

Friday sees the largest crowd of demonstrators so far, with many taking to the streets after Friday prayers.

Police and hospital sources said more than 50 people were wounded overnight, Friday morning and by noon during clashes with Iraqi security forces .

Hundreds of people marched to the square from the side streets, denouncing the elites they accuse of corruption and saying they conspired against foreign powers and held them responsible for the deterioration of living conditions.

AI said

In Baghdad, demonstrators set up checkpoints in the streets leading to Tahrir Square and its environs to redirect traffic.

https://www.skynewsarabia.com/middle-east/1294866-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B9%D8%B1%D8%A7%D9%82%D9%8A%D9%88%D9%86-%D9%8A%D8%B4%D8%A7%D9%83%D9%88%D9%86-%D8%A7%D9%94%D9%83%D8%A8%D8%B1-%D8%A7%D8%AD%D8%AA%D8%AC%D8%A7%D8%AC-%D8%A8%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%A8%D9%84%D8%A7%D8%AF-16-%D8%B9%D8%A7%D9%85%D8%A7
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

On the politicization of tomorrow's demonstrations: Let the people exercise their constitutional right - Page 3 Empty Situation in Iraq

Post by claud39 Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:58 am

On the politicization of tomorrow's demonstrations: Let the people exercise their constitutional right - Page 3 74493381_10215985971629263_1008724390029819904_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_oc=AQmKb633jKYToodkpRBCHArsXT5E7v9rdG1C19IkrLI6cEW26K3qW1XND0phuk5xcy8&_nc_ht=scontent-yyz1-1
https://www.state.gov/situation-in-iraq/
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

On the politicization of tomorrow's demonstrations: Let the people exercise their constitutional right - Page 3 Empty A member of human rights: the number of demonstrations since its inception amounted to 12 thousand and 260 martyrs and wounded

Post by claud39 Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:05 am

[size=35]A member of human rights: the number of demonstrations since its inception amounted to 12 thousand and 260 martyrs and wounded[/size]

2019-11-02 | 06:19

[size=35]On the politicization of tomorrow's demonstrations: Let the people exercise their constitutional right - Page 3 Doc-P-323680-637082940705555964
[/size]

A member of the Commission on Human Rights Faisal Abdullah, on Saturday, that the outcome of the demonstrations since the start of the first of last October amounted to 12 thousand and 260 martyrs and wounded, while noting that there is a deliberate blackout on the outcome.

Abdullah said in an interview with Alsumaria that "the death toll of the victims during the demonstrations since the first of October last until now has reached the martyrdom of more than 260 people and wounded about 12 thousand others."

He added that "burned about 100 government buildings and the headquarters of political parties," adding that "the Office of Human Rights had difficulty in obtaining information through its observation teams deployed in all provinces of Iraq except the Kurdistan region."

He stressed that "the ministries of health and interior did not help us with any information, and we tried to get them, but there is a clear blackout on this information," pointing out that "the goal of the announcement of these statistics by the Commission is to reduce violence and the loss of victims through live bullets, rubber and tear gas ".

https://www.alsumaria.tv/news/%D9%85%D8%AD%D9%84%D9%8A%D8%A7%D8%AA/323680/%D8%B9%D8%B6%D9%88-%D8%A8%D8%AD%D9%82%D9%88%D9%82-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%A7%D9%86%D8%B3%D8%A7%D9%86-%D8%AD%D8%B5%D9%8A%D9%84%D8%A9-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%AA%D8%B8%D8%A7%D9%87%D8%B1%D8%A7%D8%AA-%D9%85%D9%86%D8%B0-%D8%A7%D9%86%D8%B7%D9%84%D8%A7%D9%82%D9%87%D8%A7-%D8%A8%D9%84%D8%BA
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

On the politicization of tomorrow's demonstrations: Let the people exercise their constitutional right - Page 3 Empty Protesters re-close the port of Umm Qasr in Basra

Post by claud39 Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:31 am

Protesters re-close the port of Umm Qasr in Basra

02/11/2019

On the politicization of tomorrow's demonstrations: Let the people exercise their constitutional right - Page 3 17732

Basra - Economy News

Protesters in Basra province, the port of Umm Qasr, were closed Saturday after being dispersed by riot police and wounding more than 120 people.

A source in the Basra government told "Economy News" that "the port of Umm Qasr stopped working completely because of the inability of employees to exercise their duties as a result of the siege imposed by the protesters," noting that "riot forces dispersed the protesters citizens on Saturday at five o'clock At dawn, more than 120 people were injured. "

He stressed that "the protesters returned to the port of Umm Qasr in order to pressure the government to implement the demands of the demonstrators."

The main port, which overlooks the Gulf, has been shut down since Wednesday after protesters closed its entrance for the first time on Tuesday. Umm Qasr receives imports of cereals, vegetable oils and sugar shipments, which feed the country, which is largely dependent on imported food. Trucks carrying goods were barred from entering or leaving the port, and officials said some international shipping lines had halted operations because of the closure .

http://economy-news.net/content.php?id=18125
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

On the politicization of tomorrow's demonstrations: Let the people exercise their constitutional right - Page 3 Empty Iraq calls on all parties not to interfere in its internal affairs

Post by claud39 Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:23 pm

Iraq calls on all parties not to interfere in its internal affairs

02 Nov 2019 03:58 PM

On the politicization of tomorrow's demonstrations: Let the people exercise their constitutional right - Page 3 1024

Direct: The Iraqi Foreign Ministry called on all parties to abide by the principle of respect for sovereignty and non-interference in Iraqi internal affairs .

The ministry confirmed in a statement issued on Saturday that the Iraqi government respects the will of Iraqis to claim their rights, according to the Iraqi News Agency "conscious".

The ministry said: "With the continued popular protests calling for reform and the issuance of statements from foreign countries and international organizations, the Iraqi government affirms respect for the will of Iraqis to claim their rights guaranteed by the Iraqi Constitution in Articles 38, 39 and 40, which prove the right of Iraqis to choose their government according to To the contexts in force in the Iraqi democratic system and the rights guaranteed to them by the Constitution to freedom of expression and without prejudice to public order and morals . "

She added that this comes as a comment on the reactions issued by foreign parties regarding the current situation in Iraq.

"The government stresses what was stated in the religious reference speech on Friday, November 1, which affirms that respect for the will of Iraqis to determine the political and administrative system of their country through a referendum on the constitution and periodic elections to the House of Representatives."

She added that Iraq stresses that the necessary reform is entrusted to the choice of the Iraqi people in all its spectrums and colors from the extreme country to the maximum, and not any person, group, orientation, or any regional or international party to confiscate the will of Iraqis in this, and imposes His opinion on them.

The demonstrations have erupted two weeks ago in the streets of Iraq, to ​​protest against the deterioration of living conditions, and high unemployment.

Nominations

https://www.mubasher.info/news/3554002/%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B9%D8%B1%D8%A7%D9%82-%D9%8A%D8%B7%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%A8-%D8%AC%D9%85%D9%8A%D8%B9-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%A3%D8%B7%D8%B1%D8%A7%D9%81-%D8%A8%D8%B9%D8%AF%D9%85-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%AA%D8%AF%D8%AE%D9%84-%D9%81%D9%8A-%D8%B4%D8%A3%D9%86%D9%87-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%AF%D8%A7%D8%AE%D9%84%D9%8A
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

On the politicization of tomorrow's demonstrations: Let the people exercise their constitutional right - Page 3 Empty Saleh and Maliki stress the need to maintain peaceful demonstrations in Iraq

Post by claud39 Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:25 pm

Saleh and Maliki stress the need to maintain peaceful demonstrations in Iraq

02 Nov 2019 04:51 PM

On the politicization of tomorrow's demonstrations: Let the people exercise their constitutional right - Page 3 1024

Direct: The President of the Republic of Iraq, Barham Saleh, and the President of the State of Law coalition, Nuri al-Maliki the need to maintain the peaceful demonstrations .

Barham Saleh met with Nuri al-Maliki on Saturday to follow up on the political and security situation in the country and measures that would contribute to meeting the demands of the demonstrators, according to the Iraqi News Agency "conscious ".

The two sides stressed the need to maintain peaceful demonstrations and not to disturb security and the continued paralysis of state institutions, schools, universities, oil companies and ports and to accelerate the implementation of the reform packages announced by the government and won the confidence of representatives of the people in the House of Representatives .

He called on both sides, all political forces and mass events to support them and that all be aware and miss the opportunity on the enemies and the grave of sedition .

The Iraqi Foreign Ministry today called on all parties to abide by the principle of respect for sovereignty and non-interference in Iraqi internal affairs .

The demonstrations have erupted two weeks ago in the streets of Iraq, to ​​protest against the deterioration of living conditions, and high unemployment .

Nominations

https://www.mubasher.info/news/3554010/%D8%B5%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%AD-%D9%88%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%85%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%83%D9%8A-%D9%8A%D8%A4%D9%83%D8%AF%D8%A7%D9%86-%D8%B6%D8%B1%D9%88%D8%B1%D8%A9-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%AD%D9%81%D8%A7%D8%B8-%D8%B9%D9%84%D9%89-%D8%B3%D9%84%D9%85%D9%8A%D8%A9-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%AA%D8%B8%D8%A7%D9%87%D8%B1%D8%A7%D8%AA-%D8%A8%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B9%D8%B1%D8%A7%D9%82
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

On the politicization of tomorrow's demonstrations: Let the people exercise their constitutional right - Page 3 Empty Parliamentary bloc: movement and public pressure contributed to the activation of laws frozen for years

Post by claud39 Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:55 am

[size=35]Parliamentary bloc: movement and public pressure contributed to the activation of laws frozen for years[/size]

2019-11-03

[size=35]On the politicization of tomorrow's demonstrations: Let the people exercise their constitutional right - Page 3 Doc-P-323754-637083782921662977
[/size]

The head of the Rafidain parliamentary bloc MP Yonadim Kanna, Sunday, that the movement and public pressure contributed to stimulate the parliament and the government to activate several laws that were "frozen" for years, stressing the need to continue the sessions of parliament.

Kanna said in an interview with Alsumaria News, "the mass movement has served Iraq a lot, as there are many laws that have been inactive for many years and some since 2008 and 2009, such as the law on the protection of local product and the selection of members of the Federal Service Council," noting that "all those Laws and procedures have been activated and proceeded after public pressure. "

Kanna added that "the continuation of the sessions is necessary pending the arrival of important laws serving the people in order to approve them, in addition to the laws we proceeded such as the law abolishing the privileges of presidencies and higher grades and the abolition of the combination of salaries," pointing out that "mobility and demonstrations contributed to the rapid completion of many projects and laws And to hold the corrupt to account.

Since the beginning of October, most cities in Iraq have been demonstrating for "legitimate rights", including violence that has claimed more than 200 lives and injured hundreds.

https://www.alsumaria.tv/news/%D8%B3%D9%8A%D8%A7%D8%B3%D8%A9/323754/%D9%83%D8%AA%D9%84%D8%A9-%D9%86%D9%8A%D8%A7%D8%A8%D9%8A%D8%A9-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%AD%D8%B1%D8%A7%D9%83-%D9%88%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B6%D8%BA%D8%B7-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%AC%D9%85%D8%A7%D9%87%D9%8A%D8%B1%D9%8A-%D8%B3%D8%A7%D9%87%D9%85%D8%A7-%D8%A8%D8%AA%D9%81%D8%B9%D9%8A%D9%84-%D9%82
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

On the politicization of tomorrow's demonstrations: Let the people exercise their constitutional right - Page 3 Empty Pictures .. Bridge Republic in Baghdad now

Post by claud39 Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:05 am

[size=35]Pictures .. Bridge Republic in Baghdad now[/size]

2019-11-03

[size=35]On the politicization of tomorrow's demonstrations: Let the people exercise their constitutional right - Page 3 Doc-P-323752-637083768566002028
[/size]

Alsumaria News publishes pictures showing Al-Jumhuriya Bridge near Tahrir Square leading to the Green Zone in central Baghdad.

The photos taken Sunday afternoon, November 3, show the bridge and underneath it packed with demonstrators.

Al-Jumhuriya Bridge is witnessing a continuous stationing at the first line of the security forces, as new numbers of demonstrators flocked to Baghdad's Tahrir Square.

On the politicization of tomorrow's demonstrations: Let the people exercise their constitutional right - Page 3 ExtImage-7923062-377464640

On the politicization of tomorrow's demonstrations: Let the people exercise their constitutional right - Page 3 ExtImage-2581052-482933408

On the politicization of tomorrow's demonstrations: Let the people exercise their constitutional right - Page 3 ExtImage-2701709-563377728

On the politicization of tomorrow's demonstrations: Let the people exercise their constitutional right - Page 3 ExtImage-9061159-14793755

Since the beginning of October, Baghdad and a dozen other provinces have witnessed protests demanding "legitimate rights", including violence that has claimed more than 200 lives and wounded hundreds of demonstrators and security forces.

https://www.alsumaria.tv/news/%D9%85%D8%AD%D9%84%D9%8A%D8%A7%D8%AA/323752/%D8%A8%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B5%D9%88%D8%B1-%D8%AC%D8%B3%D8%B1-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%AC%D9%85%D9%87%D9%88%D8%B1%D9%8A%D8%A9-%D8%A8%D8%A8%D8%BA%D8%AF%D8%A7%D8%AF-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%A2%D9%86

claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

On the politicization of tomorrow's demonstrations: Let the people exercise their constitutional right - Page 3 Empty Financial Times on Iraq Protests: Resignation of Government Not Enough

Post by claud39 Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:34 am

[size=35]Financial Times on Iraq Protests: Resignation of Government Not Enough[/size]

2019-11-05

[size=35]On the politicization of tomorrow's demonstrations: Let the people exercise their constitutional right - Page 3 Doc-P-323904-637085330962499533
[/size]

The Financial Times published a report by Chloe Corniche from Beirut entitled "Sharing Power in Iraq and Lebanon Facing Challenges".

The writer says that "in both Lebanon and Iraq demonstrators in large numbers to demand the departure of the heads of the regime, and achieved in their protests significant gains, where Lebanese Prime Minister Saad Hariri resigned while Iraqi Prime Minister Adel Abdul Mahdi tried to calm the demonstrators, and the President of the country to offer demonstrators new elections ".

"For many demonstrators, the resignation of the government is no longer enough. They want to get rid of the regime that brought them to power."

"I hope to get rid of all the parties that have been involved in the political process in the country since 2003 until today," said Haider Jalal, a 21-year-old student who is taking part in the protests in Baghdad. "His view is a reflection of the widespread anger against the political system set up by the United States and its allies after the invasion of Iraq and the overthrow of Saddam Hussein."

"The fragile democracies in Beirut and Baghdad came from conflict after a devastating civil war in Lebanon and the power vacuum that followed the overthrow of Saddam," the writer says.

"The result in both countries has been the establishment of a complex, complex power-sharing system designed to balance religious and ethnic interests, in the hope of avoiding further bloodshed and the establishment of governments that include various communities."

"Analysts and demonstrators alike believe that these sectarian and ethnic regimes are corrupt, which prevents good governance of the two countries and does not meet the aspirations of citizens demanding a better standard of living," the writer says.

https://www.alsumaria.tv/news/%D9%85%D8%AD%D9%84%D9%8A%D8%A7%D8%AA/323904/%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%81%D8%A7%D9%8A%D9%86%D8%A7%D9%86%D8%B4%D8%A7%D9%84-%D8%AA%D8%A7%D9%8A%D9%85%D8%B2-%D8%B9%D9%86-%D8%AA%D8%B8%D8%A7%D9%87%D8%B1%D8%A7%D8%AA-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B9%D8%B1%D8%A7%D9%82-%D8%A7%D8%B3%D8%AA%D9%82%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%A9-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%AD%D9%83%D9%88%D9%85
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

On the politicization of tomorrow's demonstrations: Let the people exercise their constitutional right - Page 3 Empty Abdul Mahdi holds a meeting in the presence of the Presidents of the Council of the Judiciary and the House of Representatives and security leaders

Post by claud39 Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:35 am

[size=35]Abdul Mahdi holds a meeting in the presence of the Presidents of the Council of the Judiciary and the House of Representatives and security leaders[/size]

2019-11-05

[size=35]On the politicization of tomorrow's demonstrations: Let the people exercise their constitutional right - Page 3 Doc-P-323917-637085393533325516
[/size]

Prime Minister Adel Abdul Mahdi's office said on Tuesday that the latter held a meeting in the presence of the presidents of the Judiciary Council, the House of Representatives and security leaders, while stressing the imposition of security and the protection of demonstrators and property.

"The Prime Minister and the Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces Adel Abdul Mahdi held a meeting last night in the presence of the President of the Supreme Judicial Council, Faiq Zidan, the Speaker of the House of Representatives Mohammad Halbousi, the Ministers of Defense and Interior and a number of security leaders," the office said in a statement received by Alsumaria News.

He added that they discussed developments in the situation and procedures necessary to maintain security and order, pointing out that the support of the judicial and legislative authorities to the efforts of the government and security agencies to impose security and stability throughout the country and the protection of demonstrators and private and public property and economic facilities and ensure the regularity of work and the smooth movement of citizens. .

https://www.alsumaria.tv/news/%D8%B3%D9%8A%D8%A7%D8%B3%D8%A9/323917/%D8%B9%D8%A8%D8%AF-%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%85%D9%87%D8%AF%D9%8A-%D9%8A%D8%B9%D9%82%D8%AF-%D8%A7%D8%AC%D8%AA%D9%85%D8%A7%D8%B9%D8%A7-%D8%A8%D8%AD%D8%B6%D9%88%D8%B1-%D8%B1%D8%A6%D9%8A%D8%B3%D9%8A-%D9%85%D8%AC%D9%84%D8%B3-%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%82%D8%B6%D8%A7%D8%A1-%D9%88%D9%85
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

On the politicization of tomorrow's demonstrations: Let the people exercise their constitutional right - Page 3 Empty The Internet is a sign that Iraqi demonstrations are spiraling out of control

Post by claud39 Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:37 am

[size=35]The Internet is a sign that Iraqi demonstrations are spiraling out of control[/size]

2019-11-05

[size=35]On the politicization of tomorrow's demonstrations: Let the people exercise their constitutional right - Page 3 Doc-P-323937-637085530955632057
[/size]

The New York Times and the "for the first time" the demonstrations in Iraq as "against the Iranian occupation," while noting that the disconnection of Internet services is an indicator that the demonstrations out of control.

The newspaper revealed, in a report, published on Tuesday, that the Iraqi army refused a request to storm the building of the Turkish restaurant for fear of bloodshed.

The paper said the protests began quietly a month or so ago with sporadic protests. It expanded steadily until last week as more than 200,000 Iraqis marched in Baghdad in the largest demonstration in modern Iraqi history, protesting against the Iraqi government and the foreign occupier, this time Iran and not America.

The regime, which was implemented after the 2003 invasion, despite being drafted by Iraqis and empowered by the Americans, has devoted a system to dividing political power along religious and ethnic lines, noting that Iran has used that framework, using it to reflect it in Iraqi politics.
Demonstrators' demands - to get rid of corruption, put an end to political parties, and create a presidential rather than a parliamentary system - seem reasonable at the same time and almost impossible to achieve; at least, not without bloodshed.

According to the newspaper, it may be difficult to achieve this because the demonstrators are increasingly demanding immediate results, as if they want to see lawmakers and ministers pack their bags, and get rid of their distinctive villas in the Green Zone and disappear completely.

Those politicians who want to work with the protesters realize that the fundamental changes they are demanding, such as new election laws and an eventual new constitution - cannot be achieved overnight. Yet the political class style frustrates protesters who are impatient to see the changes begin now.

Iraqi President Barham Saleh is trying to take steps in this direction by introducing legislation that would eliminate the current system of party lists and allow voters to vote for individual candidates. But in essence, it asks parliament to adopt a system that costs many of its members seats.

Suddenly, Iraqi news channels announced at midnight on Monday that the government had shut down the Internet. There was no explanation, but officials also closed it in early October, when they thought the protests were spiraling out of control.

Although, according to the newspaper, the government has gradually restored Internet service, social media services including Facebook, Twitter and WhatsApp have been banned for the duration of the protests.

It remains unclear when protesters will stay on the streets.

https://www.alsumaria.tv/news/%D8%B3%D9%8A%D8%A7%D8%B3%D8%A9/323937/%D9%86%D9%8A%D9%88%D9%8A%D9%88%D8%B1%D9%83-%D8%AA%D8%A7%D9%8A%D9%85%D8%B2-%D9%82%D8%B7%D8%B9-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%A5%D9%86%D8%AA%D8%B1%D9%86%D8%AA-%D9%85%D8%A4%D8%B4%D8%B1-%D8%B9%D9%84%D9%89-%D8%AE%D8%B1%D9%88%D8%AC-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%AA%D8%B8%D8%A7%D9%87%D8%B1%D8%A7%D8%AA
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

On the politicization of tomorrow's demonstrations: Let the people exercise their constitutional right - Page 3 Empty Pictures .. Longest Iraqi flag roaming Karbala "day and night"

Post by claud39 Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:42 am

[size=35]Pictures .. Longest Iraqi flag roaming Karbala "day and night"[/size]

2019-11-05

[size=35]On the politicization of tomorrow's demonstrations: Let the people exercise their constitutional right - Page 3 Doc-P-323925-637085435322368731
[/size]

Peaceful demonstrators marched in the province of Karbala with an Iraqi flag, which is the longest, in various streets of the province yesterday night and day Tuesday.

According to the correspondent of Alsumaria News, in the province, the demonstrators hoisted the largest Iraqi flag in the demonstration square and the streets of Karbala, noting that the length of the flag reached more than 100 meters and a width of five meters.

On the politicization of tomorrow's demonstrations: Let the people exercise their constitutional right - Page 3 ExtImage-4570089-1088310656

On the politicization of tomorrow's demonstrations: Let the people exercise their constitutional right - Page 3 ExtImage-8595224-1806969088

On the politicization of tomorrow's demonstrations: Let the people exercise their constitutional right - Page 3 ExtImage-6458797-1538139648
On the politicization of tomorrow's demonstrations: Let the people exercise their constitutional right - Page 3 ExtImage-626419-335655584
On the politicization of tomorrow's demonstrations: Let the people exercise their constitutional right - Page 3 ExtImage-453813-200401664

https://www.alsumaria.tv/news/%D9%85%D8%AD%D9%84%D9%8A%D8%A7%D8%AA/323925/%D8%A8%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B5%D9%88%D8%B1-%D8%A7%D8%B7%D9%88%D9%84-%D8%B9%D9%84%D9%85-%D8%B9%D8%B1%D8%A7%D9%82%D9%8A-%D9%8A%D8%B7%D9%88%D9%81-%D9%83%D8%B1%D8%A8%D9%84%D8%A7%D8%A1-%D9%84%D9%8A%D9%84-%D9%86%D9%87%D8%A7%D8%B1

claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

On the politicization of tomorrow's demonstrations: Let the people exercise their constitutional right - Page 3 Empty Republican Senator Mitch McConnell: The United States Should Support Protesters in Lebanon and Iraq (video)

Post by claud39 Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:17 am

Republican Senator Mitch McConnell: The United States Should Support Protesters in Lebanon and Iraq (video)

On the politicization of tomorrow's demonstrations: Let the people exercise their constitutional right - Page 3 %D8%B1%D9%88%D9%8A%D8%AA%D8%B1%D8%B21

Follow “احات التحريرÇ التحرير Çá التحرير التحريرÑíÑ”

Senate Majority Leader Senator Mitch McConnell said the United States should support demonstrators in Lebanon and Iraq.

"We must use the tools available to America to expose corruption and foreign interference in these two countries and impose consequences for the violent repression of peaceful protests in both countries," he said in a speech last week.

https://www.facebook.com/intisar.yasin/videos/10220941959808584/

http://altahreernews.com/7525/
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

On the politicization of tomorrow's demonstrations: Let the people exercise their constitutional right - Page 3 Empty Human Rights Violations Ongoing, says UN Report

Post by claud39 Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:18 am

Human Rights Violations Ongoing, says UN Report

6th November 2019 

On the politicization of tomorrow's demonstrations: Let the people exercise their constitutional right - Page 3 ScreenHunter-4857-623x346

UNAMI has found that serious human rights violations and abuses continued to occur during the second wave of demonstrations that started in Iraq on 25 October.

A second report, prepared by the UNAMI Human Rights Office, was published today [5th November]. It follows an earlier special report which covered the 1-9 October protests and was published on 22 October.

The latest report indicates that demonstration-related violence from 25 October to 4 November caused at least 97 further deaths, and thousands of injuries. Although Iraqi security forces displayed more restraint than in the early October protests, particularly in Baghdad, the unlawful use of lethal and less-lethal weapons by security forces and armed elements requires urgent attention.

The Special Representative of the United Nations Secretary-General for Iraq, Jeanine Hennis-Plasschaert, stated: “This report also highlights areas where immediate action is needed to stop the vicious circle of violence, and stresses once again the imperative of accountability”.

The report attributes at least 16 deaths – and many serious injuries – to demonstrators being struck by tear gas canisters. “There is no justification for security forces to fire tear gas canisters or sound and flash devices directly at unarmed demonstrators”, said Danielle Bell, Chief of the UNAMI Human Rights Office.

The report furthermore highlights concerns regarding continued efforts to suppress media coverage as well as an ongoing block on social media. Special Representative Hennis-Plasschaert added: “We must recognise that in today’s digital age, daily life has moved online. A blanket shutdown of internet and social media is not only disruptive to the way people live their lives and do business: it infringes freedom of expression”.

Download HUMAN RIGHTS SPECIAL REPORT
http://www.iraq-businessnews.com/2019/11/06/human-rights-violations-ongoing-says-un-report/
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

On the politicization of tomorrow's demonstrations: Let the people exercise their constitutional right - Page 3 Empty U.S. Response to Ongoing Violence in Iraq

Post by claud39 Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:00 am

U.S. Response to Ongoing Violence in Iraq

6 November, 2019

On the politicization of tomorrow's demonstrations: Let the people exercise their constitutional right - Page 3 Dos-logo-light

The United States has a strong and abiding interest in a secure and prosperous Iraq able to defend the nation against violent extremist groups and able to deter those who would undermine Iraqi sovereignty and democracy.

As the world watches events in Iraq unfold it is increasingly clear that the Government of Iraq and the country’s political leaders must engage seriously and urgently with Iraqi citizens who are demanding reform. There is no path forward based on suppression of the will of the Iraqi people.  

We deplore the killing and kidnapping of unarmed protesters, threats to freedom of expression, and the cycle of violence taking place. Iraqis must be free to make their own choices about the future of their nation.

https://iq.usembassy.gov/u-s-response-to-ongoing-violence-in-iraq/
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

On the politicization of tomorrow's demonstrations: Let the people exercise their constitutional right - Page 3 Empty Protesters close the port of Umm Qasr shortly after opening

Post by claud39 Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:24 am

Protesters close the port of Umm Qasr shortly after opening

07/11/2019

On the politicization of tomorrow's demonstrations: Let the people exercise their constitutional right - Page 3 17762

Economy News _ Baghdad

Protesters on Thursday re-closed the port of Umm Qasr in Basra after a number of vehicles and staff entered early.

The demonstrators allowed the port to work briefly after it was closed for about a week, which caused the suspension of operations and losses estimated by the government by about six billion dollars.

The government has sent military reinforcements from the army with armored vehicles and Humvees to Umm Qasr on Monday evening, while the Basra Operations Command announced the implementation of aerial surveys at the gate.

Since Wednesday, protesters have closed the port, which receives imports of grain, vegetable oil and sugar shipments that feed the country, which depends heavily on imported food.

http://economy-news.net/content.php?id=18153
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

On the politicization of tomorrow's demonstrations: Let the people exercise their constitutional right - Page 3 Empty Statement attributable to the Spokesman for the Secretary-General on demonstrations in Iraq

Post by claud39 Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:46 am

[size=36]Statement attributable to the Spokesman for the Secretary-General on demonstrations in Iraq[/size]

Thursday, 07 November 2019 09:12

On the politicization of tomorrow's demonstrations: Let the people exercise their constitutional right - Page 3 UNofficiallogosmall

The Secretary-General expresses his serious concern over the rising number of deaths and injuries during the ongoing demonstrations in Iraq.
Reports of the continued use of live ammunition against demonstrators are disturbing.

The Secretary-General urges all actors to refrain from violence and to investigate all acts of violence seriously. He renews his appeal for meaningful dialogue between the Government and demonstrators.
New York, 6 November 2019

http://www.uniraq.org/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=12000:statement-attributable-to-the-spokesman-for-the-secretary-general-on-demonstrations-in-iraq&Itemid=605&lang=en
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

On the politicization of tomorrow's demonstrations: Let the people exercise their constitutional right - Page 3 Empty Statement by the President of the Parliamentary Human Rights Committee

Post by claud39 Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:23 am

[size=32]Statement by the President of the Parliamentary Human Rights Committee[/size]

07/11/2019

On the politicization of tomorrow's demonstrations: Let the people exercise their constitutional right - Page 3 %D9%84%D8%AC%D8%A7%D9%86-%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%85%D8%AC%D9%84%D8%B3-800x445

In the name of of Allah the Merciful
And hold fast with the rope of God, and do not disperse.

Since the first day of the demonstrations, the Committee has strongly defended peaceful demonstrators, civilian activists and abductees, and the Committee has continued to protect all segments of the Iraqi people without discrimination, believing in the principles of the human right to express its opinion and peaceful demonstration in accordance with constitutional frameworks. 

Its demands not to use tear gas, the security forces responded to the demands and appeals of the Commission and the Commission on Human Rights, and the Commission continues in its demands on the government to detect snipers who caused the killing of peaceful youth, but it is time to maintain the prestige of the state and its regime, and The blood of going to create chaos and devastation in a country for which Iraqis have been tired for many years, these security forces that protected Iraq from the clutches of criminals, from ISIS gangs are still watering the blood of Mesopotamia, at the same time briefed us the leadership of Baghdad operations and security forces to live pictures Security forces with tools resulted in injury Many of them are seriously injured, and the commander of Baghdad operations, based on our demands, is committed to a lot of discipline, to prevent bloodshed and to preserve human rights, we reiterate our call to the peaceful demonstrator who came out to demand his legitimate right, that we are also charged with protecting the right of security forces that protect ministries, institutions, banks and property We call on you that the Iraqi parliament is capable of delivering your legitimate demands to the executive authority.

Please take away your peaceful gatherings from some who want to harm your demands or want to distort the voices of your throats for falsehood. Here are the young builders of the Iraqi future. Your true messages have reached everyone who caused the tragedy of this oppressed people. 

We are absolutely confident that our appeal will be met by the Iraqi young man, the struggling woman and the old man who has been devoured by a child and the dreamer of a secure future that fulfills his aspirations and dreams. For our country and they are the ones who have kept and will be
And the God of the intent behind

Arshad Salhi

President of the Parliamentary Human Rights Committee
6/11/2019

http://ar.parliament.iq/2019/11/07/%d8%aa%d8%b5%d8%b1%d9%8a%d8%ad-%d9%85%d9%86-%d8%b1%d8%a6%d9%8a%d8%b3-%d9%84%d8%ac%d9%86%d8%a9-%d8%ad%d9%82%d9%88%d9%82-%d8%a7%d9%84%d8%a7%d9%86%d8%b3%d8%a7%d9%86-%d8%a7%d9%84%d9%86%d9%8a%d8%a7%d8%a8/
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

On the politicization of tomorrow's demonstrations: Let the people exercise their constitutional right - Page 3 Empty US Defense Secretary discusses demonstrations with Iraqis

Post by claud39 Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:52 pm

[size=36]US Defense Secretary discusses demonstrations with Iraqis[/size]

07/11/2019

On the politicization of tomorrow's demonstrations: Let the people exercise their constitutional right - Page 3 167112019_654665

BAGHDAD -

The Pentagon said Thursday that its secretary of state discussed protests in Iraq with officials there.

"The secretary of defense discussed the demonstrations with the Iraqis," State Department spokesman Jonathan Hoffman told a news conference.

Regarding the withdrawal of US troops from Syria, the spokesman said, "We are present at the request of the Iraqi authorities and government and I do not think there is a deadline for the withdrawal of the troops."

https://www.mawazin.net/Details.aspx?jimare=71790
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

On the politicization of tomorrow's demonstrations: Let the people exercise their constitutional right - Page 3 Empty Iraq: Serious concern over acts of violence, Secretary-General calls for constructive dialogue between government and protesters

Post by claud39 Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:30 am

[size=36]Iraq: Serious concern over acts of violence, Secretary-General calls for constructive dialogue between government and protesters[/size]

NOVEMBER 7, 2019

On the politicization of tomorrow's demonstrations: Let the people exercise their constitutional right - Page 3 SG%20slide

The following statement was issued today by UN Secretary-General António Guterres:

The Secretary-General expresses grave concern at the growing number of deaths and injuries during ongoing protests in Iraq. Reports of continued use of live ammunition against protesters are of concern.

The Secretary-General urges all actors to refrain from violence and to seriously investigate all acts of violence. He reiterated his call for a constructive dialogue between the Government and the protesters.

IRAQ

https://www.un.org/press/fr/2019/sgsm19847.doc.htm
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

On the politicization of tomorrow's demonstrations: Let the people exercise their constitutional right - Page 3 Empty Pompeo: The struggle for freedom continues in the streets of Beirut and Baghdad (video)

Post by claud39 Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:41 am

Pompeo: The struggle for freedom continues in the streets of Beirut and Baghdad (video)

"The struggle for freedom continues on the streets of Beirut and Baghdad," US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said during a 70-year session in Berlin.

Below is the Arabic text of what the US Secretary said about the situation in Iraq and Lebanon:

“The struggle for freedom continues
not only in Hong Kong
. We have seen it on the streets of Beirut and
on the streets of Baghdad,
where people are protesting against the Islamic Republic of Iran. They
want to be Iraqis. They
want to be Lebanese

https://www.facebook.com/altahreernews/videos/579098642833802/

http://altahreernews.com/7654/
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

On the politicization of tomorrow's demonstrations: Let the people exercise their constitutional right - Page 3 Empty UN Secretary-General's envoy to Iraq, Mrs. Blaskhart, is in the eye of the storm again.

Post by claud39 Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:46 am

UN Secretary-General's envoy to Iraq, Mrs. Blaskhart, is in the eye of the storm again.

Written by: Political Affairs Editor

On the politicization of tomorrow's demonstrations: Let the people exercise their constitutional right - Page 3 WhatsApp-Image-2019-10-30-at-1.27.08-PM

If the Dutch politician, the UN Secretary-General's envoy to Iraq, Ms. Blaskhart, angered government officials when she chose to go to Tahrir Square and meet directly with the demonstrators a few days ago and directly criticized it as a kind of interference in Iraqi affairs, she found herself in the anger of the demonstrators. Two days ago, when I stressed the need to take care of the infrastructure by the demonstrators and not to damage it.

“Threats or road closures to oil installations are causing billions of dollars of damage,” Ms. Blaskhart said, adding that this “harms the economy of Iraq and undermines the legitimate demands of the demonstrators.”

Although this signal seems to be a keen start on the part of the UN official, there are those who regarded her as standing by Ms. Blachart alongside the government.

Although diplomatic practice emphasizes that international bodies deal with governments, which effectively denies any accusations of bias by Ms. Blachart, she did not stop at this professional and legal immunity but chose to be honest with all Iraqis when she responded to the recent campaign.

In a new tweet on Thursday, Ms. Hennes-Blachart said:

"In response to the accusations of bias, we say that the United Nations is the partner of every Iraqi who is trying to change," she stressed. "With their unity, Iraqis can transform their country into a better place.

What confirms that international responsibility stands at the same distance from all Iraqis and that it is committed to the professional and legal aspect of its work is that it has become in the eye of a storm of anger and criticism by two different parties: the government authorities once and the demonstrators again.

http://altahreernews.com/7641/
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

On the politicization of tomorrow's demonstrations: Let the people exercise their constitutional right - Page 3 Empty Plasskart responds to accusations of bias and emphasizes: We are partners of every Iraqi trying to change

Post by claud39 Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:49 am

Plasskart responds to accusations of bias and emphasizes: We are partners of every Iraqi trying to change

On the politicization of tomorrow's demonstrations: Let the people exercise their constitutional right - Page 3 %D8%A8%D9%84%D8%A7%D8%B3%D8%AE%D8%A7%D8%B1%D8%AA-1

GENEVA (Reuters) - The head of the UN mission in Iraq, Jenin Hennes-Blachart, responded on Thursday to the controversy over a tweet she posted on Twitter on Wednesday.
"In response to the accusations of bias, we say that the United Nations is the partner of every Iraqi who is trying to change. With their unity, Iraqis can transform their country into a better place and we are here to provide the necessary support. ”

On the politicization of tomorrow's demonstrations: Let the people exercise their constitutional right - Page 3 QY77mjpI_normal

Jeanine Hennis

✔@JeanineHennis

[rtl]ردا على اتهامات الانحياز نقول: الأمم المتحدة هي شريك كل عراقي يحاول التغيير. بوحدتهم، يستطيع العراقيون ان يحولوا بلدهم إلى مكان أفضل ونحن موجودون هنا لتوفبز الدعم اللازم.[/rtl]

10:35 AM - Nov 7, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy
[size][ltr]

3,132 people are talking about this

[/ltr]

The UN envoy's response came a day after she tweeted: “The disruption of vital infrastructure is also a serious concern. Protecting public utilities is everyone's responsibility. ”

She added in the same tweet that "threats or closure of roads to oil facilities cause billions of losses."

http://altahreernews.com/7617/

[/size]
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

On the politicization of tomorrow's demonstrations: Let the people exercise their constitutional right - Page 3 Empty What is the content of the invitation of the Committee on Foreign Relations in the US House of Representatives today to the Iraqi government?

Post by claud39 Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:55 am

What is the content of the invitation of the Committee on Foreign Relations in the US House of Representatives today to the Iraqi government?

On the politicization of tomorrow's demonstrations: Let the people exercise their constitutional right - Page 3 %D8%A7%D9%84%D9%83%D9%88%D9%86%D8%BA%D8%B1%D8%B3

Washington - Follow the “Liberation Squares”

The US House of Representatives Foreign Relations Committee on Thursday called on the Iraqi government to protect the right of the Iraqi people to protest and peaceful assembly and hold accountable all those who use force and violence against protesters and journalists.

In a joint statement with Republican Rep. Michael McCall, committee chairman Eliot Engel urged the Iraqi government to reverse the decision to shut down the Internet and lift restrictions on social media platforms.

The statement also called on Baghdad to ensure that all political parties, ethnic groups and communities live peacefully in a strong, sovereign and prosperous Iraq.

Internet access in Baghdad and most of the provinces has been cut off since Monday night amid fears among protesters that they might try to isolate them again to strike demonstrations such as the first wave of unprecedented violence.

http://altahreernews.com/7620/
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

On the politicization of tomorrow's demonstrations: Let the people exercise their constitutional right - Page 3 Empty Journalist Hiwa Osman wrote on his Facebook page:

Post by claud39 Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:58 am

Journalist Hiwa Osman wrote on his Facebook page:

On the politicization of tomorrow's demonstrations: Let the people exercise their constitutional right - Page 3 74496913_3140695482623972_6035687192829886464_o

The only international party today is the United Nations. The snipers want to stand alone with the protesters. Continuing the campaign against the UN Secretary-General's representative may have negative consequences for the demonstrations. 

You brought your letter to her and her last tweet was important. It is better to work with Jenin Blachart and tell her everything that is going on for the purpose of documentation and not antagonize her. 

The United Nations will have an important role in the road map that everyone is talking about and overseeing the elections demanded by the demonstrators.

http://altahreernews.com/7647/
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

On the politicization of tomorrow's demonstrations: Let the people exercise their constitutional right - Page 3 Empty The Kurdish parties support the demands of the demonstrators except to amend the constitution

Post by claud39 Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:13 am

[size=35]The Kurdish parties support the demands of the demonstrators except to amend the constitution[/size]

2019-11-08

[size=35]On the politicization of tomorrow's demonstrations: Let the people exercise their constitutional right - Page 3 Doc-P-324427-637087968981222395
[/size]

Kurdish parties in the Kurdistan region, expressed concern that any constitutional amendments demanded by demonstrators in Baghdad, include the current situation of the region.

The Kurdish parties said that they support all the demands of the demonstrators, except as it affects the federal foundations in Iraq, and the gains of the Kurds in the Iraqi constitution, as they put it.

Kurdish parties complain that the constitution is not fully implemented, especially the articles on the situation in the region, which in their view led to the deterioration of the situation in the country.

Despite the occasional differences between the political forces in the region, the political parties in Erbil have united to reject any amendment affecting the status of the region in any future amendments to the Iraqi Constitution.

https://www.alsumaria.tv/news/%D8%B3%D9%8A%D8%A7%D8%B3%D8%A9/324427/%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%A3%D8%AD%D8%B2%D8%A7%D8%A8-%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%83%D8%B1%D8%AF%D9%8A%D8%A9-%D8%AA%D8%A4%D9%8A%D8%AF-%D9%85%D8%B7%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%A8-%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%85%D8%AA%D8%B8%D8%A7%D9%87%D8%B1%D9%8A%D9%86-%D8%A8%D8%A7%D8%B3%D8%AA%D8%AB%D9%86%D8%A7%D8%A1-%D8%AA%D8%B9%D8%AF
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

On the politicization of tomorrow's demonstrations: Let the people exercise their constitutional right - Page 3 Empty Human rights announce the killing and injury of about 1200 demonstrators in four days in Iraq

Post by claud39 Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:44 pm

Human rights announce the killing and injury of about 1200 demonstrators in four days in Iraq

2019/11/08

On the politicization of tomorrow's demonstrations: Let the people exercise their constitutional right - Page 3 %D8%AA%D8%B8%D8%A7%D9%87%D8%B1%D9%87

The United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights in Iraq announced on Friday that about 1,200 protesters were killed and injured in four provinces in four days.

The UNHCR said in a statement today, killing (23) and injuring (1,077) demonstrators and security forces.

Most of the injured have been discharged from hospital after receiving treatment, the UNHCR said.

The protests, which began on the first of last October, the bloody violence that killed about 280 people, according to a census to AFP, at a time when the authorities refrain from publishing an official toll about a week ago.

The first wave of protests between the first and the sixth of October was characterized by the presence of snipers on the roofs of buildings targeting the demonstrators, but their identity is still unknown to the Authority.

https://shafaaq.com/ar/%D8%A3%D9%85%D9%80%D9%86/%D8%AD%D9%82%D9%88%D9%82-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%A7%D9%86%D8%B3%D8%A7%D9%86-%D8%AA%D8%B9%D9%84%D9%86-%D9%85%D9%82%D8%AA%D9%84-%D9%88%D8%A7%D8%B5%D8%A7%D8%A8%D8%A9-%D9%82%D8%B1%D8%A7%D8%A8%D8%A9-1200-%D9%85%D8%AA%D8%B8%D8%A7%D9%87%D8%B1-%D9%81%D9%8A-%D8%A7%D8%B1%D8%A8%D8%B9%D8%A9-%D8%A7%D9%8A%D8%A7%D9%85-%D9%81%D9%8A-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B9%D8%B1%D8%A7%D9%82/
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

On the politicization of tomorrow's demonstrations: Let the people exercise their constitutional right - Page 3 Empty UNAMI launches dedicated reporting e-mail for human rights violations

Post by claud39 Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:55 am

[size=36]UNAMI launches dedicated reporting e-mail for human rights violations[/size]

Saturday, 09 November 2019

Baghdad, 9 November 2019 - To further strengthen and expand its fact-finding efforts on human rights violations and abuses, particularly in relation to the ongoing protests, UNAMI has set up a dedicated e-mail address: humanrightsiraq@un.org.

The Special Representative of the United Nations Secretary-General for Iraq, Jeanine Hennis-Plasschaert: “I encourage anyone with relevant information - whether witness or victim accounts, photos or video footage - to send them to us at this address. We continue to monitor and document human rights violations, cases of abduction, threats and intimidation country-wide as well as to raise them with relevant authorities.”

In the last two weeks UNAMI has issued two special reports outlining serious human rights violations and abuses in the context of the demonstrations and making specific recommendations to the government to protect the rights of peaceful demonstrators seeking change.

All information received on the dedicated e-mail will be handled with strict confidentiality.

For more information, please contact: Mr. Samir Ghattas, Director of Public Information/Spokesperson
United Nations Assistance Mission for Iraq, Phone: +964 790 193 1281, Email: ghattass@un.org
or the UNAMI Public Information Office: unami-information@un.org

http://www.uniraq.org/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=12003:unami-launches-dedicated-reporting-e-mail-for-human-rights-violations&Itemid=605&lang=en
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

On the politicization of tomorrow's demonstrations: Let the people exercise their constitutional right - Page 3 Empty The United States renews its support for the demonstrations in Iraq and warns against the exploitation of terrorism

Post by claud39 Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:35 am

[size=36]The United States renews its support for the demonstrations in Iraq and warns against the exploitation of terrorism[/size]

09/11/2019

On the politicization of tomorrow's demonstrations: Let the people exercise their constitutional right - Page 3 99112019_rtx75rhs_layout_comp

BAGHDAD -

The United States has renewed its support for peaceful demonstrations in Iraq, warning against the strengthening of terrorists' agenda.

"The United States supports the peaceful right of assembly and expression," said a senior State Department official, commenting on the demonstrations in Iraq and Lebanon, and calling on all governments around the world to respond to the needs of civilians. And protect them in security. "

He added: "We must also recognize the risks that terrorists may try to use from different developments, as pretexts to strengthen their malicious agendas, so we certainly always look at these situations, not only in the context of recent developments, but to ensure that they are not exploited by terrorists."

https://www.mawazin.net/Details.aspx?jimare=71889
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

On the politicization of tomorrow's demonstrations: Let the people exercise their constitutional right - Page 3 Empty AFP: Agreement to end protests after Suleimani meeting Sadr and Sistani's son

Post by claud39 Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:05 am

[size=40]AFP: Agreement to end protests after Suleimani meeting Sadr and Sistani's son[/size]

November 9, 2019

On the politicization of tomorrow's demonstrations: Let the people exercise their constitutional right - Page 3 0F978DAA-A620-41B3-B320-C3B4EE51BB31_w1023_r1_s

BAGHDAD (Reuters) - Iraqi forces began dispersing demonstrators demanding the "overthrow of the regime" on Saturday after a political agreement was reached to maintain the current authority, even if it was forced to use force to end protests.

At a critical juncture, Prime Minister Adel Abdul-Mahdi is now the subject of consensus among the parties and politicians of the Authority, and those who demanded his departure, have returned from their calls, especially due to political pressure from Iran and its allies in Baghdad.

But in the political scene, the majority of forces continued to meet in recent days, according to AFP press cadres from one of the parties that participated in the meetings.

One of these sources pointed out that "political parties agreed during a meeting that included the majority of leaders of large blocs to adhere to Adel Abdul Mahdi and adhere to power in exchange for reforms in the files of anti-corruption and constitutional amendments."

He added that the parties also agreed to "support the government in ending the protests by all available means."

There seems to be a renewed old tendency to restore the Shiite house as a national alliance, according to the same sources.

Political sources also pointed out that the agreement between the parties concerned "including others and wisdom" came after "the meeting of General Qasim Soleimani and Muqtada al-Sadr and Mohammed Reza al-Sistani (son of the Supreme Shiite cleric in Iraq, Ayatollah Ali al-Sistani), which resulted in the agreement to remain Abdul Mahdi in office. "

The sources confirmed that the only party that rejected the agreement is the "victory" coalition led by former Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi, who believes that the only solution to the crisis is the departure of Abdul Mahdi.

The translation of the agreement is due to begin on Saturday during a parliamentary session devoted to the work of the committees on constitutional amendments.

The agreement is reflected in the street

As the ranks began politically, security forces began to advance in the street.

They were able to regain control of three of the four bridges held by demonstrators in Baghdad, according to correspondents from Agence France-Presse.

Although large numbers of demonstrators are gathering in the central Tahrir Square for protests calling for the "overthrow of the regime," the clashes have been going on for four of the 12 bridges in the capital.

The protesters first marched towards the Republic Bridge, which links Tahrir to the Green Zone, which houses government buildings. Security forces lifted three concrete roadblocks on the bridge.

Later, other demonstrators marched towards the bridges of al-Senak, al-Ahrar and the martyrs parallel to the north bridge of the Republic Bridge.

The three bridges at night witnessed clashes between demonstrators and security forces that repelled them, according to AFP correspondents.

On Saturday morning, Iraqi forces fired tear gas canisters at demonstrators gathering in al-Rashid Street in the center of the capital.

"The security forces woke us up at 2 a.m.," one of the demonstrators on the Al-Sinak Bridge told AFP.

"They fired sound bombs and shouted to us, 'Come, cross,'" the masked young man added. "Things are not good, but we are staying until a solution is found."

Fear

The Grand Ayatollah, Grand Ayatollah Ali al-Sistani, called on security forces on Friday and demonstrators to show restraint and not use force.

But another demonstrator said that "the Marjaiya said yesterday do not strike no live bullets and nothing else, but today they beat us, they said about us and the Baathists, but we do not have anything."

The protests, which began on the first of last October, bloody acts of violence that killed about 300 people, the majority of the demonstrators demanding to "overthrow the regime."

Further south, in the oil-rich Basra province, security forces used live bullets against demonstrators heading to the provincial council building.

Three people were killed and dozens injured, according to medical sources.

As for the camps set up by protesters in the yards of Baghdad and the cities of the south, security forces broke up by force in Basra, and burned with tear gas in the holy city of Karbala for Shiites.
As the Internet has been forcibly shut down since the beginning of the week, Iraqis are apprehensive of the worst, with the memory of the first week of protests beginning in October.

The first wave of protests between the first and the sixth of October was characterized by the presence of snipers on the roofs of buildings targeting the demonstrators, but their identity is still unknown to the Authority.

Source: AFP

https://www.alhurra.com/a/%D9%81%D8%B1%D8%A7%D9%86%D8%B3-%D8%A8%D8%B1%D8%B3-%D8%A7%D8%AA%D9%81%D8%A7%D9%82-%D8%B9%D9%84%D9%89-%D8%A5%D9%86%D9%87%D8%A7%D8%A1-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%A7%D8%AD%D8%AA%D8%AC%D8%A7%D8%AC%D8%A7%D8%AA-%D8%A8%D8%B9%D8%AF-%D9%84%D9%82%D8%A7%D8%A1-%D8%B3%D9%84%D9%8A%D9%85%D8%A7%D9%86%D9%8A-%D8%A8%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B5%D8%AF%D8%B1-%D9%88%D9%86%D8%AC%D9%84-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B3%D9%8A%D8%B3%D8%AA%D8%A7%D9%86%D9%8A/519570.html
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

On the politicization of tomorrow's demonstrations: Let the people exercise their constitutional right - Page 3 Empty Iraqi PM says protests have helped ‘pressure’ political groups

Post by claud39 Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:27 am

Iraqi PM says protests have helped ‘pressure’ political groups

On the politicization of tomorrow's demonstrations: Let the people exercise their constitutional right - Page 3 ProtestsNajaf
Iraqi protesters shout slogans during ongoing anti-government demonstrations in the central holy shrine city of Najaf on Nov. 8, 2019. (Photo: AFP/Haidar Hamdani)

ERBIL (Kurdistan 24) – Iraqi Prime Minister Adil Abdul Mahdi said on Saturday that the nationwide protests had pressured political groups to bring about reforms but repeated a call for an end to demonstrations.

“The protests have helped and will help pressure political groups, the government…to reform and accept change,” Abdul Mahdi said in a statement his office released.
“However, continuing protests must allow for a return to normal life, which will lead to legitimate demands being met.”

Since they began in early October, widespread protests in Iraq have resulted in the deaths of at least 270, while some 12,000 have been injured.

Read More: UN human rights office concerned about rising death toll in Iraq protests

Demonstrators are calling for radical change in Iraq’s political system, which they say fails to address their needs, but, rather, serves the interests of a small governing elite.
The protests over the past month reflect widespread dissatisfaction with the economy, including high levels of unemployment, the dismal state of public services, and widespread government corruption.

Last week, the Iraqi prime minister again called for an end to the nationwide protests, which he complained are affecting the country’s economy.
Demonstrators had used tires, stones, and metals to block the main entrances to ports and oil refineries.

However, Iraq’s Umm Qasr port was reopened on Saturday as operations resumed while Iraqi security forces regained control of three bridges in Baghdad.

https://www.kurdistan24.net/en/news/5da0d784-5389-4d00-ae54-7e6808e4d087
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

On the politicization of tomorrow's demonstrations: Let the people exercise their constitutional right - Page 3 Empty The Human Rights Committee takes note of the report of the Human Rights Commission on the demonstrations

Post by claud39 Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:24 am

[size=32]The Human Rights Committee takes note of the report of the Human Rights Commission on the demonstrations[/size]

10/11/2019

On the politicization of tomorrow's demonstrations: Let the people exercise their constitutional right - Page 3 %D8%AD%D9%82%D9%88%D9%82-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%A7%D9%86%D8%B3%D8%A7%D9%86-800x437

The Human Rights Committee headed by MP Arshad Al-Salhi hosted the chairman of the committee and in the presence of its members on Sunday 10/11/2019 the head and members of the Human Rights Commission to listen to its report on the events that accompanied the demonstrations since the beginning of last month.

The meeting, which was held at the committee's headquarters, started with a speech by the chairman of the committee, stressing the necessity of taking the supervisory bodies and independent bodies to follow up the events that accompany the demonstrations and documenting violations against human rights guaranteed by the constitution to the demonstrators and security. Its prominent role in the transfer of the field.

MP Arshad al-Salhi said that government bodies should preserve the lives of the demonstrators and stick to the reins and not allow them to move towards confrontations that may not be punished, which leads to a negative image of Iraq to the international community on human rights violations.

For his part, the President of the Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights on the rapid handling and taking the responsibility assigned to the work of the Commission through the wide movement of its commissioners and staff in all governorates witnessing demonstrations, including Baghdad and the exercise of their functions during the official working hours and after and on holidays to monitor and document violations, pointing to the injury of a number of staff During the coverage of the demonstrations, the Commission pointed out to provide all the requirements for the observation teams to the Commission on Human Rights, which facilitates its work in the field.

The President of the Commission pointed out that some executive bodies such as the Ministries of Health and Interior did not cooperate with the Commission on providing accurate data on the numbers of martyrs, wounded and detainees, expressing his disappointment with the position of UNAMI in taking its main role not to communicate with the Office of the Human Rights Commission to discuss the subject of demonstrations.

In this regard, the Parliamentary Human Rights Committee expressed its deep concern about the dangerous ways in which the demonstrators were confronted, especially snipers and the use of fishing machines by unknown persons, in addition to the detonation of sound bombs near the demonstration yards, stressing the importance of the government's commitment to provide services that guarantee citizens freedom Communicate and express not to cut off the Internet.

Iraqi Council of Representatives
Information Service

10/11/2019

http://ar.parliament.iq/2019/11/10/%d9%84%d8%ac%d9%86%d8%a9-%d8%ad%d9%82%d9%88%d9%82-%d8%a7%d9%84%d8%a7%d9%86%d8%b3%d8%a7%d9%86-%d8%aa%d8%b7%d9%84%d8%b9-%d8%b9%d9%84%d9%89-%d8%aa%d9%82%d8%b1%d9%8a%d8%b1-%d9%85%d9%81%d9%88%d8%b6%d9%8a/
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

On the politicization of tomorrow's demonstrations: Let the people exercise their constitutional right - Page 3 Empty The report reveals a multi-stage plan to counter the demonstrations

Post by claud39 Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:56 am

[size=35]The report reveals a multi-stage plan to counter the demonstrations[/size]

2019-11-10

[size=35]On the politicization of tomorrow's demonstrations: Let the people exercise their constitutional right - Page 3 Doc-P-324562-637089743320294867
[/size]

A news report published by an Arab newspaper revealed a plan to confront the demonstrations, indicating that this plan includes several stages.

The report quoted a senior Iraqi official, who asked not to be named, as saying that "there is a plan of multiple stages have been submitted to confront the demonstrations ending fully suppressed," noting that "the plan includes the continued blocking of the Internet with the continued closure of roads with concrete blocks and restrict demonstrations and sit-ins in specific areas and not Allow its expansion, while continuing to censor the media and publishing. "

He added that "at the end of the plan or actions, sit-ins and demonstrations will be confronted by force to disperse and gradually weaken them," adding that "Najaf and Karbala may be excluded from some measures to sanctify the cities and the sensitivity of their status."

He added that "much of what is mentioned in the plan is being implemented now," warning at the same time that it "may cause more casualties than those who died in the past period of the age of the demonstrations."

Since Friday (October 25, 2019), Baghdad and other provinces have witnessed several demonstrations demanding better services and job opportunities as well as demanding reform, which escalated, killing and injuring hundreds of demonstrators, as well as security forces.

https://www.alsumaria.tv/news/%D9%85%D8%AD%D9%84%D9%8A%D8%A7%D8%AA/324562/%D8%AA%D9%82%D8%B1%D9%8A%D8%B1-%D9%8A%D9%83%D8%B4%D9%81-%D8%B9%D9%86-%D8%AE%D8%B7%D8%A9-%D9%85%D9%86-%D9%85%D8%B1%D8%A7%D8%AD%D9%84-%D9%85%D8%AA%D8%B9%D8%AF%D8%AF%D8%A9-%D9%84%D9%85%D9%88%D8%A7%D8%AC%D9%87%D8%A9-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%AA%D8%B8%D8%A7%D9%87%D8%B1%D8%A7
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

On the politicization of tomorrow's demonstrations: Let the people exercise their constitutional right - Page 3 Empty Urgent Pompeo condemns Abdul Mahdi's crackdown on demonstrators and urges him to take these immediate steps

Post by claud39 Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:55 pm

[ltr]Urgent Pompeo condemns Abdul Mahdi's crackdown on demonstrators and urges him to take these immediate steps[/ltr]

2019/11/12 21:35

On the politicization of tomorrow's demonstrations: Let the people exercise their constitutional right - Page 3 Story_img_5dcafb70bbefb

US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo denounced the "suppression" of demonstrators in Iraq.

A statement by US State Department spokeswoman Morgan Ortigas on Pompeo's phone call with Prime Minister Adel Abdel Mahdi said Pompeo stressed that "peaceful demonstrations are an essential element in all democracies."

Pompeo denounced "the death toll among demonstrators as a result of the repression by the Iraqi government and the use of lethal force against them, as well as reports of the kidnapping of demonstrators."

He urged US Secretary of State Abdul Mahdi to "take immediate steps to address the legitimate grievances of the demonstrators by enacting reforms and addressing corruption."

Pompeo reaffirmed the United States' continued commitment to supporting a strong, sovereign and prosperous Iraq based on the Strategic Framework Agreement signed between the two countries.

Pompeo also pledged to continue supporting the Iraqi security forces in the fight against ISIS

https://alforatnews.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=218565
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

On the politicization of tomorrow's demonstrations: Let the people exercise their constitutional right - Page 3 Empty After the US State Department statement .. Prime Minister's Office reveals the talks of Abdul-Mahdi and Pompeo

Post by claud39 Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:13 pm

[ltr]After the US State Department statement .. Prime Minister's Office reveals the talks of Abdul-Mahdi and Pompeo[/ltr]

[rtl] 2019/11/12 22:30[/rtl]

On the politicization of tomorrow's demonstrations: Let the people exercise their constitutional right - Page 3 Story_img_5dcb086d9a3e4

Prime Minister Adel Abdul Mahdi received a telephone call from US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo.

The Prime Minister stressed in a statement to his office "the serious desire to strengthen bilateral relations and strengthen Iraq's relations with its neighbors and friends and respect for sovereignty and independence."

"The Iraqi government is determined to continue its approach in dealing positively with the demonstrations and to emphasize their safety and protection by the security forces and strive to achieve the demands in accordance with the constitution and the law," Mahdi said.

The US Secretary of State, according to the statement, "support the United States of America to the Prime Minister and the Iraqi government and the desire to strengthen cooperation between the two countries in accordance with the strategic framework agreement and help Iraq to strengthen its security, stability and independence and non-interference in its internal affairs."

He also stressed the "right of peaceful demonstration under the Iraqi democratic system and the support of the Iraqi security forces."

US State Department spokeswoman Morgan Ortigas spoke of Pompeo's phone call with Prime Minister Adel Abdul Mahdi and said that Pompeo stressed that "peaceful demonstrations are a key element in all democracies and condemned the death toll among demonstrators as a result of the repression by the Iraqi government and the use of lethal force against them." As well as reports of the kidnapping of demonstrators. "

He urged US Secretary of State Abdul Mahdi to "take immediate steps to address the legitimate grievances of the demonstrators by enacting reforms and addressing corruption."

https://alforatnews.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=218571
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

On the politicization of tomorrow's demonstrations: Let the people exercise their constitutional right - Page 3 Empty Bleskhart from Parliament: Despite promises .. We still receive daily reports of cases of murder and kidnapping

Post by claud39 Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:45 pm

Bleskhart from Parliament: Despite promises .. We still receive daily reports of cases of murder and kidnapping

13/11/2019

On the politicization of tomorrow's demonstrations: Let the people exercise their constitutional right - Page 3 %D8%AB%D9%8145%D9%814

Information / Baghdad

The UN representative in Iraq

`` While I understand that words cannot alleviate the pain of those who have lost loved ones, I would like to express my sincere condolences to these families, whether they are peaceful demonstrators or members of the security forces, '' she said. Our hearts with you".

“While commemorating their loss - their values ​​and demands remain the same. Over the past six weeks, hundreds of thousands of Iraqis - peaceful Iraqis - have demonstrated with genuine, legitimate and clear demands, covering many issues: an end to corruption, economic growth, employment, reliable public services, good and fair governance, and fair elections - Wider reform of the political system, including the amendment of the Constitution.

“But above all, I think we all agree that many, many Iraqis are demanding a brighter future - and that the country achieve its full potential for the benefit of all Iraqi citizens, but in the meantime, Iraqis have paid an unimaginable price to make their voices heard. Since the beginning of the demonstrations on 1 October, at least 319 people have been killed and some 15,000 peaceful demonstrators and members of the security forces have been injured. ”

“The United Nations, UNAMI, has published two special reports on human rights issues. Despite many promises, the harsh reality is that we continue to receive daily reports of new killings, abductions, indiscriminate arrests, beatings and threats. I have said many times - and I will say it again: violence only generates violence. It should end and end now. ”

“In your presence, I must reiterate the importance of ensuring fundamental rights: above all the right to life, but also the right to peaceful assembly and freedom of expression.

I would like to emphasize once again the importance of achieving full accountability and justice - at the right levels, and respect for these fundamental and fundamental rights and principles is, in a sense, a prerequisite for any meaningful form of dialogue or mediation.

“True legitimate demands deserve serious responses and effective communication - within this parliament and on the street,” the president said, referring to the paper we published a few days ago.

Since the protests began, UNAMI has actively engaged with a wide range of Iraqi parties and authorities - including the three presidencies, the Supreme Judicial Council, peaceful demonstrators, members of parliament and union representatives. Based on these discussions, and with full respect for Iraq's sovereignty , we have proposed a number of concrete steps as a start - as a step towards confidence-building and reform. ”

"The most important thing to emphasize is that now is the time to act, otherwise we will lose momentum - we will lose it at a time when many Iraqis are demanding tangible results."

“As a former member of parliament, I think I can say that your role - in your position as members of parliament - elected and held accountable by the people - is very important,” she said. The most detrimental to public confidence is excessive promises and under-implementation. Nothing is more harmful than to say (a) and do (b). There is nothing more devastating than an atmosphere of anger and fear. ”

“It has to be understood that everyday life has gone online. The interruption or even complete closure of the Internet and / or social media - in recent weeks - has not only been unfit for Iraq's potential as a free and democratic society, but has also disrupted the way people practice their lives, perform their work and express their opinion. 

In other words, unrestricted access to the Internet is a fundamental right in today's cyber world. I am delighted to note that since yesterday evening I have been able to access the Internet so I would like to emphasize that we welcome the return of Internet service throughout Iraq , and we hope that the service will continue and will soon be followed by free access to social media. ”

Plasskhart stressed the call for a complete change in the Iraqi electoral processes, which is a fundamental requirement for many. It is a call for an independent and impartial electoral administration and, with the technical assistance of the United Nations, much work has been done to reach a unified electoral legal framework.

Now, without prejudging parliamentary legal procedures, and without going into details now, I would like to emphasize the urgent need for that unified legal framework, which brings together all relevant laws and brings voters closer to candidates. ”

Finished 25 N

https://www.almaalomah.com/2019/11/13/437663/
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

On the politicization of tomorrow's demonstrations: Let the people exercise their constitutional right - Page 3 Empty Iraq .. Basra demonstrations continue

Post by claud39 Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:21 am

Iraq .. Basra demonstrations continue

Demonstrations calling for political change and reform continue in Basra.

https://arabic.rt.com/features/1060353-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B9%D8%B1%D8%A7%D9%82-%D8%AA%D8%B8%D8%A7%D9%87%D8%B1%D8%A7%D8%AA-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%A8%D8%B5%D8%B1%D8%A9-%D9%85%D8%B3%D8%AA%D9%85%D8%B1%D8%A9/
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

On the politicization of tomorrow's demonstrations: Let the people exercise their constitutional right - Page 3 Empty The religious authority in Iraq: We support the protests and affirm the commitment to their peacefulness

Post by claud39 Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:25 am

The religious authority in Iraq: We support the protests and affirm the commitment to their peacefulness

On the politicization of tomorrow's demonstrations: Let the people exercise their constitutional right - Page 3 5dce71e24c59b767b7628a22

The Supreme Shiite religious authority in Iraq announced on Friday its support for the prevailing protests in the country, stressing at the same time the need to adhere to the peacefulness of these demonstrations.

The religious authority said in a statement on Friday: "We reaffirm our support for the protests and emphasize the commitment to its peacefulness and free from any form of violence, and condemn attacks on peaceful demonstrators to kill, injure, kidnap or intimidate, and also condemn attacks on security forces and government installations and private property, and must be prosecuted And to hold accountable those who are involved in some of these illegal acts that are illegal. "

The reference added: "The battle of reform waged by the people is a national battle, and does not allow any outside party to intervene .. Will not be beyond these protests as it was in any case, and the political class to pay attention to that."

In its statement, the Marjiya called for the need to hold accountable "whales of corruption and the abolition of unfair privileges of officials ... and if they have the power they think they can evade the benefits of reform procrastination and procrastination, they are delusional."

She added: "It reached an intolerable border, and devastation is rampant in the country because of political consensus on power-sharing and spoils."

The reference warned of the country's transformation into an arena of conflict as a result of external interventions, saying: "The corresponding external interventions threaten to turn the country into an arena for settling scores between international and regional powers, and the biggest loser is the Iraqi people."

The statement stressed the need to speed up the adoption of a fair election law, which will restore citizens' confidence in the political process.

The capital Baghdad and a number of oil-rich southern provinces are witnessing for the second month in a row demonstrations against corruption, unemployment and lack of basic services, accompanied by riots and clashes between security forces and protesters, including sniping operations denied by the government responsible.

Source: RT

https://arabic.rt.com/middle_east/1060345-%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%85%D8%B1%D8%AC%D8%B9%D9%8A%D8%A9-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%AF%D9%8A%D9%86%D9%8A%D8%A9-%D9%81%D9%8A-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B9%D8%B1%D8%A7%D9%82-%D9%86%D8%A4%D9%8A%D8%AF-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%A7%D8%AD%D8%AA%D8%AC%D8%A7%D8%AC%D8%A7%D8%AA-%D9%88%D9%86%D8%A4%D9%83%D8%AF-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%AA%D8%B2%D8%A7%D9%85-%D8%A8%D8%B3%D9%84%D9%85%D9%8A%D8%AA%D9%87%D8%A7/
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

On the politicization of tomorrow's demonstrations: Let the people exercise their constitutional right - Page 3 Empty Parliamentary human rights issue a statement on the assassination of activist Adnan Rostom

Post by claud39 Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:05 am

[size=35]Parliamentary human rights issue a statement on the assassination of activist Adnan Rostom[/size]

2019-11-16 

[size=35]On the politicization of tomorrow's demonstrations: Let the people exercise their constitutional right - Page 3 Doc-P-325148-637095023798143506
[/size]

The Parliamentary Human Rights Committee issued a statement on Saturday on the assassination of activist Adnan Rostom, while demanding the coordinators of the demonstrations to keep shops and property of citizens in the yards of the demonstration.

"We warn the government of the seriousness of the assassination and abduction of activists and reiterate our concerns about the abduction and assassination of activists, bloggers and civic organizations," the committee said in a statement received by Alsumaria News.

The committee called on the security services to "uncover the circumstances of the assassination of the activist Adnan Rostom, and the need to preserve the lives of civilians in accordance with international laws."

A security source said on Saturday the assassination of a civilian activist in the Hurriya area northwest of Baghdad.

https://www.alsumaria.tv/news/%D8%B3%D9%8A%D8%A7%D8%B3%D8%A9/325148/%D8%AD%D9%82%D9%88%D9%82-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%A7%D9%86%D8%B3%D8%A7%D9%86-%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%86%D9%8A%D8%A7%D8%A8%D9%8A%D8%A9-%D8%AA%D8%B5%D8%AF%D8%B1-%D8%A8%D9%8A%D8%A7%D9%86%D8%A7-%D8%A8%D8%B4%D8%A3%D9%86-%D8%A7%D8%BA%D8%AA%D9%8A%D8%A7%D9%84-%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%86%D8%A7%D8%B4
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

On the politicization of tomorrow's demonstrations: Let the people exercise their constitutional right - Page 3 Empty Canada is concerned about the increasing number of killings in the demonstrations in Iraq

Post by claud39 Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:49 am

[size=35]Canada is concerned about the increasing number of killings in the demonstrations in Iraq[/size]

2019-11-17

[size=35]On the politicization of tomorrow's demonstrations: Let the people exercise their constitutional right - Page 3 Doc-P-325196-637095698533063492
[/size]

The Canadian government on Sunday expressed concern over the increasing number of killings in demonstrations in Iraq, affirming its support for the right of peaceful demonstration and freedom of the press.

In a statement received by Alsumaria News, Canada's Foreign Policy Press Service said that the Government of Canada expressed grave concern at the continuing violence that has resulted in increased killings during demonstrations in Iraq. Peaceful and free press.

She added that the Iraqi people deserve stability, prosperity and security, stressing that the Canadian government supports and encourages constructive dialogue for all Iraqis.

The massive popular demonstrations in Baghdad and a number of provinces in central and southern Iraq, on Sunday (November 17, 2019) entered the twenty-fourth day, which began with the demands of providing jobs and fighting the corrupt and bring to justice, and evolved to other demands, most notably change the current government and amend the Constitution.

Demonstrators insist on meeting their demands to change the government, amend the constitution, the election law and its commission, provide jobs and fight corrupt and bring them to justice, while the government and parliament are racing against time to present reform packages in response to these demands in an attempt to end the crisis and stop the possible repercussions that may result.

https://www.alsumaria.tv/news/%D8%B3%D9%8A%D8%A7%D8%B3%D8%A9/325196/%D9%83%D9%86%D8%AF%D8%A7-%D9%82%D9%84%D9%82%D8%A9-%D9%85%D9%86-%D8%A7%D8%B2%D8%AF%D9%8A%D8%A7%D8%AF-%D8%AD%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%A7%D8%AA-%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%82%D8%AA%D9%84-%D9%81%D9%8A-%D8%AA%D8%B8%D8%A7%D9%87%D8%B1%D8%A7%D8%AA-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B9%D8%B1%D8%A7%D9%82
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

On the politicization of tomorrow's demonstrations: Let the people exercise their constitutional right - Page 3 Empty Former Iraqi security minister: Iraq's political system "dying"

Post by claud39 Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:53 am

[size=35]Former Iraqi security minister: Iraq's political system "dying"[/size]

2019-11-17

On the politicization of tomorrow's demonstrations: Let the people exercise their constitutional right - Page 3 Doc-P-325211-637095773967526415

Former Iraqi National Security Minister Qasim Dawood said Sunday that the political system, which was born after 2003 in Iraq, is "dying", adding that this stage needs public pressure on the ruling political class to form a transitional government.

Daoud said in a press statement issued about the protests in Iraq, and received Alsumaria News, News, a copy of it, that Iraq is witnessing today the death of the political system, which was born after 2003, and blessed labor for the birth of a new political system, pointing out that history will write that this system The new born of the womb of the Iraqi people and the forearms and blood of his sons.

Daoud added that the failures that accompanied the post-occupation regime were a total failure in building state institutions, and the spread of corruption that turned into an identity for this system, with the absence of real builders and statesmen capable of planning, managing and implementing to build a modern state.

For more than 16 years, the Iraqis have been patient with the corruption, illiteracy and ignorance of the ruling party's parties, and their backward concepts called quotas. These parties have contributed to the devotion of sectarianism, and the blurring of national identity, which caused the disruption of the formation of the citizenship state.

He added, we feel today with pride, the sincere awareness of our rebellious class of young people who repelled after their dependence on God, and walk in the footsteps of the rational reference, which launched a resounding cry in the face of tyrants, that no submission and no surrender to this corrupt class, which does not see Iraq only as much as the booty stolen from it.

He said that the letter of reference last Friday has withdrawn legitimacy from the current authority, adding that while we pay tribute to the visions of our dignity, we call on all to insist, determination and steadfastness in order to provide a homeland for all Iraqis.

Dawood said that this stage, which represents the transitional situation between the current regime and the new one, is expected to pressure the ruling political class in order to form a transitional government for a certain period of time, after which the House of Representatives will dissolve itself, explaining that this transitional government will have the legislative powers The most important tasks are to make constitutional amendments, legislate an election law, form a new independent electoral commission, not partisan, and legislate important laws relating to the life of the Iraqi citizen in addition to strict penal laws against spoilers.

The massive popular demonstrations in Baghdad and a number of provinces in central and southern Iraq, on Sunday (November 17, 2019) entered the twenty-fourth day, which began with the demands of providing jobs and fighting the corrupt and bring to justice, and evolved to other demands, most notably change the current government and amend the Constitution.

Demonstrators insist on meeting their demands to change the government, amend the constitution, the election law and its commission, provide jobs and fight corrupt and bring them to justice, while the government and parliament are racing against time to present reform packages in response to these demands in an attempt to end the crisis and stop the possible repercussions that may result.

https://www.alsumaria.tv/news/%D8%B3%D9%8A%D8%A7%D8%B3%D8%A9/325211/%D9%88%D8%B2%D9%8A%D8%B1-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%A7%D9%85%D9%86-%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%88%D8%B7%D9%86%D9%8A-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B3%D8%A7%D8%A8%D9%82-%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%86%D8%B8%D8%A7%D9%85-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B3%D9%8A%D8%A7%D8%B3%D9%8A-%D9%81%D9%8A-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B9%D8%B1%D8%A7%D9%82
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

On the politicization of tomorrow's demonstrations: Let the people exercise their constitutional right - Page 3 Empty The Parliamentary Human Rights Commission sends a message to the Iraqi government

Post by claud39 Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:39 am

The Parliamentary Human Rights Commission sends a message to the Iraqi government

17 November 2019 02:18 PM

Direct: The Parliamentary Human Rights Committee of the Iraqi Council of Representatives sent a message alerting the government to realize the seriousness of the assassination and kidnapping of activists.

According to a statement by the House of Representatives, the parliamentary committee renewed its concerns about the abduction and assassination of activists, bloggers and civic organizations.

The parliamentary committee called on the security services to uncover the circumstances of the assassination of the activist Adnan Rostom, and the need to preserve the lives of civilians in accordance with international laws.

The Human Rights Committee called for the coordinators of the demonstrations to keep shops and property of citizens in the yards of the demonstration.

The committee issued a report on demonstrations in the country since it erupted last month.

The committee recommended, according to a statement on Sunday, 13 recommendations after the follow-up events; most notably the request of the House of Representatives to accelerate the vote on the law of freedom of expression, assembly and peaceful demonstration; to ensure the right to demonstrate and protect peaceful demonstrators in a manner that ensures the application of international human rights standards.

The Committee called on the security forces to exercise restraint, not resort to violence, use excessive force towards peaceful demonstrators, and apply rules of engagement in accordance with international, national and humanitarian legal standards.

The parliamentary committee's recommendations included immediate compensation and granting all rights to martyrs of peaceful demonstrators and security forces, taking care of the wounded and providing the necessary treatment for them, emphasizing the government and security forces after arresting peaceful demonstrators without judicial arrest warrants and the need to disclose the kidnapped Egypt.

Nominations:

https://www.mubasher.info/news/3562566/%D9%84%D8%AC%D9%86%D8%A9-%D8%AD%D9%82%D9%88%D9%82-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%A5%D9%86%D8%B3%D8%A7%D9%86-%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%86%D9%8A%D8%A7%D8%A8%D9%8A%D8%A9-%D8%AA%D9%88%D8%AC-%D9%87-%D8%B1%D8%B3%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%A9-%D9%84%D9%84%D8%AD%D9%83%D9%88%D9%85%D8%A9-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B9%D8%B1%D8%A7%D9%82%D9%8A%D8%A9
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

On the politicization of tomorrow's demonstrations: Let the people exercise their constitutional right - Page 3 Empty Sources: Protesters block the entrance to the port of Umm Qasr

Post by claud39 Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:20 am

Sources: Protesters block the entrance to the port of Umm Qasr

18/11/2019

On the politicization of tomorrow's demonstrations: Let the people exercise their constitutional right - Page 3 17896

Economy News _ Baghdad

BAGHDAD (Reuters) - Protesters blocked the entrance to the port near Basra and prevented staff and trucks from entering, reducing operations by 50 percent, two sources at the Iraqi port of Umm Qasr said on Monday.

The sources added that if the siege continued until the afternoon, the operations would stop completely. The port entrances were closed from October 29 to November 9 with a brief resumption of operations between November 7 and 9.

The port of Umm Qasr, Iraq's main port on the Gulf, receives shipments of grain, vegetable oils and sugar to a country heavily dependent on food imports.

http://economy-news.net/content.php?id=18246
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

On the politicization of tomorrow's demonstrations: Let the people exercise their constitutional right - Page 3 Empty Britain calls on the Iraqi government to respond to the demands of the people .. its ambassador to Baghdad explains (video)

Post by claud39 Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:30 am

[size=41]Britain calls on the Iraqi government to respond to the demands of the people .. its ambassador to Baghdad explains (video)[/size]

2019-11-18

On the politicization of tomorrow's demonstrations: Let the people exercise their constitutional right - Page 3 %D8%A8%D8%A8%D8%A8%D8%A8%D8%A8%D8%A8%D8%A8%D8%A8%D8%A8%D8%A8%D8%A8%D8%A8%D8%A8

The new British ambassador to Baghdad, Stephen Hickey, addressed the Iraqi government about the current protests in Iraq and the public's demand for reforms.
Hickey called on Iraqi security forces to refrain from using repression against demonstrators.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1196375051228110853

https://yesiraq.com/%d8%a8%d8%b1%d9%8a%d8%b7%d8%a7%d9%86%d9%8a%d8%a7-%d8%aa%d8%af%d8%b9%d9%88-%d8%a7%d9%84%d8%ad%d9%83%d9%88%d9%85%d8%a9-%d8%a7%d9%84%d8%b9%d8%b1%d8%a7%d9%82%d9%8a%d8%a9-%d9%84%d9%84%d8%a7%d8%b3%d8%aa/
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

On the politicization of tomorrow's demonstrations: Let the people exercise their constitutional right - Page 3 Empty Abdul Mahdi to the sheikhs of the tribes: It is your responsibility to provide a safe environment to bring investment companies to work

Post by claud39 Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:03 pm

[size=30]Abdul Mahdi to the sheikhs of the tribes: It is your responsibility to provide a safe environment to bring investment companies to work[/size]

20/11/2019 

On the politicization of tomorrow's demonstrations: Let the people exercise their constitutional right - Page 3 Thumbnail.php?file=eb0bb00b22b77065fb555791017a8889_668555692

Ahd News - Baghdad

Prime Minister Adel Abdul Mahdi said on Wednesday that the demonstrations exposed the imbalances in the political system and various life affairs that must be addressed, while noting that his government is determined to serve Iraq and its people and fight poverty and corruption and achieve the desired reform.

Abdul-Mahdi's office said in a statement received by Al-Ahd News that the latter received today a large gathering of tribal elders and tribal elders from the central and southern governorates to deliberate on the situation the country is going through, reform measures, solutions and ways to enhance security and stability. The legitimate demands of the demonstrators and all citizens, "explaining that" the meeting was attended by Interior Minister Yassin Yasiri. "

The office added, "Tribal elders presented during the meeting the reality of the provinces in terms of security, service and living, and many views, demands and proposals related to the fight against corruption and the operation of stalled laboratories and the provision of jobs and support ration card and compensation, in addition to calling for constitutional amendments and the imposition of the rule of law and the prestige of the state to preserve resources State, public and private property, ports and border ports. "

Abdul-Mahdi, according to the statement, that "all the demands are feasible in cooperation in good times and bad and bear joint responsibility for the interest of Iraq," pointing out that "the tribes were in the first row in all covenants and extended the battlefields against ISIS with brave men, which is really a reference army and the people I stood with our troops until victory. "

He pointed out that "the government in its first year faced and exceeded many problems, challenges and accumulations, and we are determined to serve our country and our people and fight poverty and corruption and achieve the desired reform." It must be addressed, and a safe investment environment must be created to attract companies, reduce dependence on oil, and increase resources and jobs. ”

He continued, "When we took responsibility, we turned to rely on the Iraqi people, especially the peasants in the case of investment of the rainy season and the cultivation of grain, which achieved an increase in production rates and delivery of their dues immediately despite the financial crisis in order to ensure and encourage farmers to continue their land in the coming seasons and strengthen the economy of Iraq," stressing that "Dependence on the state is dangerous because its monopoly on money is rife with corruption, so we are trying to change these contexts with a new vision."
Finished ...

http://alahadnews.net/index.php/permalink/189077.html
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

On the politicization of tomorrow's demonstrations: Let the people exercise their constitutional right - Page 3 Empty Iraq demonstrations revive laws and projects stalled for years

Post by claud39 Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:36 pm

[size=36]Iraq demonstrations revive laws and projects stalled for years[/size]

21/11/2019

On the politicization of tomorrow's demonstrations: Let the people exercise their constitutional right - Page 3 1221112019_344566

Baghdad - Mawazine News

The House of Representatives has not been able, during the previous sessions, to pass an important package of laws, which were appearing and disappear; Try to absorb the growing anger.

Among the pending laws were the judiciary, human rights, civil status and corruption, such as the "Where do you get this?" Law, economic ones such as the "Oil and Gas" law, which includes the establishment of the Iraqi Oil Operations Management System, and security such as the Mosul fall investigation file.

However, the Islamic State in 2014, not to mention the most controversial federal court law, has caused many problems among political forces, as it aims to create a council of judges with one president and one vice president, and eleven members chosen from different judicial units, including the judiciary itself. Experts in Islamic jurisprudence, and members of "jurists by law", As well as the Unified Retirement Act, as well as amending certain provisions of the Constitution.

Deputies do not vote on laws of interest to the Iraqi citizen, due to political differences and sectarian quotas, and accounts linked to regional external parties.

The past few days have witnessed a political movement accompanied by anxiety and shock due to the unexpected demonstrations by the leaders of the party entities and the deputies. Especially since they have been continuing, for more than a month and a half, in Baghdad and the central and southern cities.

Former lawmaker Joseph Saliwa said that "the laws that appear and disappear, and do not pass through parliament, have a clear indication of the weak popular control in the past of the government and parliamentary performance, with the dispersion of civil forces claiming rights, there was no organized force following the efforts Parliament and party plans, with the absence of political forces that work in accordance with the interests of the Iraqi people and intimidate the power that works for the benefit of regional states. "

"The recent demonstrations have forced parliamentary blocs to resort to their old tricks, such as reviewing chains of reformist files and important draft laws, but they have not succeeded in reading the strong memory of the younger generation, and not being able to laugh at it again," Saliwa said. A mission like a law from where you get this, will hit the power of the parties that have been exploited through the money of Iraqis illegally. "

The current deputy for the "wisdom" bloc Ali al-Budeiri, pointed out that "the demonstrations that began last October, does not resemble the demonstrations that were going out in Baghdad in 2011, which were demanding partial reforms and services, but talk about huge projects that would To change the political life in the country, including the adoption of laws related to the life of the Iraqi citizen and the level of annual income and welfare.

Al-Budeiri pointed out that "the most prominent laws that are hoped to be enacted is the oil and gas law, which suffers from constitutional disputes that need to be rectified. Believing in real reform and seriously seeking to calm the street and satisfy the demonstrators. "

For his part, the Iraqi politician Ayham Rashad said that "Iraqis believe in the failure of the parties that they think are working only for them, specifically religious parties that serve the regional party supporting them morally and materially, and then serve themselves and members of their gangs, while the rest of the bread crumbs are distributed to citizens, Therefore, the legislation of important laws is seriously disrupted, because in reality it does not serve the parties, but rather harms them, namely the Anti-Corruption Law and the accountability of those involved in waste and embezzlement of public funds.

Rashad explained that "the recent demonstrations, through which the parties were effectively threatened by the burning of their headquarters in the southern provinces of Iraq, and insist on staying in the yards of the demonstration, prompted the parties to talk about the broken laws, knowing that the people who demonstrate does not believe much What these laws will produce, because the truth is that the laws that are enacted are irrelevant, unless they are fully and permanently enforced. "

The Iraqi writer and political analyst Hamza Mustafa, that "the differences and political debates and sectarian talk between the ruling parties in Iraq, since 2003 and so far, as well as the principle of consensus and collusion in force, contributed to the disruption of important laws, such as the oil and gas law and the Federal Court Health and social security, but the re-emergence of these laws at this time was based on public pressure.

Mustafa pointed out that "the demonstrators today seek to hold the successive Iraqi governments for 16 years and not only the current government, as well as the entire political class for its wrong decisions," stressing that "the application of laws depends on the political forces to bear surgical operations that will affect the body of the current political system The people are imposing a new equation at a time when some political forces are still practicing a state of denial towards them. ''

https://www.mawazin.net/Details.aspx?jimare=73528
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

On the politicization of tomorrow's demonstrations: Let the people exercise their constitutional right - Page 3 Empty Despite the gas bombs, a large turnout of protesters to Tahrir Square to demand the dismissal of the government

Post by claud39 Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:02 am

Despite the gas bombs, a large turnout of protesters to Tahrir Square to demand the dismissal of the government

Friday 22 November 2019

On the politicization of tomorrow's demonstrations: Let the people exercise their constitutional right - Page 3 Irq_29099895_1574425482

BAGHDAD / Demonstrators continued to flock to Tahrir Square in central Baghdad on Friday, as the sit-in in the square continues for the 28th day in a row to demand the dismissal of the government, the identity of the killers of the demonstrators and their trial and early parliamentary elections under international supervision after the amendment of the election law and the replacement of the Electoral Commission.

A source told "Eye of Iraq News," that Tahrir Square witnessed, on Friday morning, a large turnout in the number of demonstrators within families and from different areas of the capital Baghdad, pointing out that "normal conditions in Tahrir Square as well as in the building of the Turkish restaurant, which is called the demonstrators "One Mountain" is still under the control of the protesters.

The source explained, the number of demonstrators located in the Tahrir and Khalani yards, moved to the bridge near the Liberation, in central Baghdad, amid the firing of Khan bombs by security forces for the purpose of dispersing them.

The source pointed out earlier, to record more than 40 cases of suffocation, some very critical, were transferred to nearby hospitals.

Earlier on Friday, a security source said heavy smoke bombs were dispersed to disperse demonstrators near the Liberation Bridge in central Baghdad.

Since Friday, October 25, Baghdad and nine other provinces have witnessed large-scale protests calling for the dismissal of the government, bringing the killers of the demonstrators to justice and holding early elections under international supervision. The demonstrators were subjected to it.

The religious authority in Iraq considered that this uprising is the first of the fraudulent ballot boxes in expressing the will of the people and choosing their representative. At any time the legitimacy of the ruler fell. Finished 2

http://aynaliraqnews.com/index.php?aa=news&id22=127229
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

On the politicization of tomorrow's demonstrations: Let the people exercise their constitutional right - Page 3 Empty Iraqi delegation convey to EU officials the demands of the demonstrators .. Foremost change the government

Post by claud39 Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:04 am

Iraqi delegation convey to EU officials the demands of the demonstrators .. Foremost change the government

Friday 22 November 2019

On the politicization of tomorrow's demonstrations: Let the people exercise their constitutional right - Page 3 Irq_844554302_1574424084

BAGHDAD / A delegation of five Iraqis led by a leader of the Yazidi sect in Iraq handed a document of protesters' demands to EU representatives in Brussels, according to the American Hurriya website.

The delegation, which included Iraqis from Belgium, the Netherlands, Germany and England, headed by Prince Anwar Muawiya, a leader of the Yazidi community, met with EU officials, including Gabriel Finnals, head of the Department of Political Affairs in charge of Iraq, the Arabian Peninsula, the Middle East, North Africa and regional politics. .

Muawiya said the purpose of the visit was to seek EU support for Iraqi demonstrations, adding that the delegation conveyed to the Europeans the true picture of what was happening on the ground.

He added that the most prominent demands conveyed by the delegation were the need to "change the corrupt government and change or amend the Constitution and support the demonstrations in all forms and cut off foreign hands from Iraq, especially Iran."

He pointed out that the delegation will be interviewing officials from outside the European Union and the United Nations to seek support for the demonstrators in Iraq.

Since Friday, October 25, Baghdad and nine other provinces have witnessed widespread protests demanding the dismissal of the government, bringing the killers of the demonstrators to justice and holding early elections under international supervision. Hundreds of demonstrators and security forces were killed and injured as a result of the brutal repression. Protesters suffered.

The religious authority in Iraq considered that this uprising is the first of the fraudulent ballot boxes in expressing the will of the people and choosing their representative. At any time the legitimacy of the ruler fell. Finished 2

http://aynaliraqnews.com/index.php?aa=news&id22=127225
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum