Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
A proposal for companies to buy back their shares I_icon_minitimeToday at 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
A proposal for companies to buy back their shares I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
A proposal for companies to buy back their shares I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
A proposal for companies to buy back their shares I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
A proposal for companies to buy back their shares I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
A proposal for companies to buy back their shares I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
A proposal for companies to buy back their shares I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
A proposal for companies to buy back their shares I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
A proposal for companies to buy back their shares I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
A proposal for companies to buy back their shares I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
A proposal for companies to buy back their shares I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
A proposal for companies to buy back their shares I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
A proposal for companies to buy back their shares I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
A proposal for companies to buy back their shares I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
A proposal for companies to buy back their shares I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
A proposal for companies to buy back their shares I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
A proposal for companies to buy back their shares I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
A proposal for companies to buy back their shares I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
A proposal for companies to buy back their shares I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
A proposal for companies to buy back their shares I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

A proposal for companies to buy back their shares

Go down

A proposal for companies to buy back their shares Empty A proposal for companies to buy back their shares

Post by claud39 Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:05 pm

A proposal for companies to buy back their shares

18/09/2019

A proposal for companies to buy back their shares 17139

Economy News _ Baghdad

In order to strengthen the functions of the stock market and enhance investor confidence, the Executive Director of the Iraqi Stock Exchange Taha Ahmed Abdul Salam, to start joint stock companies to buy a proportion of their shares to promote the status of those shares in daily trading.

Abdul Salam said in an interview with "Al-Sabah" newspaper and seen by "Al-Iqtisad News", that "companies in the Arab and international financial markets resort from time to time to study their potential and investment plans and measure the value of their real shares to the value of market shares in the stock market, and in light of this take Its decisions to buy back a percentage of its shares to buy back to achieve a number of goals. "

He pointed out that "the objectives of companies to buy a proportion of their shares on the stock market is to seek to enhance the earnings per share (dividend divided by the shareholders), because of the absence of growth opportunities and investment in the company and the lack of opportunities to exploit the accumulated surplus, as well as when the company finds The market value of a stock is less than its real value. "

He stressed that "during the period 2010 - 2016 US companies resorted to buy back a proportion of its shares from the stock market amounted to (3) trillion dollars," adding that "in the first quarter of 2017 the value of shares that were bought back from the financial markets (133 $ 1 billion to boost earnings per share, enhance market value and capitalize on its accumulated surplus. '

Regarding the need to approve the share buyback proposal and the reasons for this, Abdul Salam said: 'From reading the data of joint stock companies and trading indicators during the period 2015-2019 shows the importance of the proposal of companies to buy back a percentage of their shares, which can be summarized by the decline in the prices of shares traded for joint stock companies.

At a mixed rate of more than 50 percent during the period, due to the absence of growth opportunities and investment in them, and the decline in earnings per share due to the rise of capital for a significant number of companies and the inability to make profits in other companies.

"This proposal is one of the mechanisms of the international and Arab stock markets in order to enhance the value of the stock," he said. 

The general assembly of the joint stock company shall approve the repurchase when discussing the final statements and accounts of the company, as well as specifying the period of retention of the shares purchased by the company and often does not exceed six months, and the shares purchased should not exceed 10% of the company's capital.

It is important to note that the shares that the company is buying back do not have the right to vote at the general assembly meeting and have no right to receive the profits until they are resold in the stock market after achieving the objective of buying them.

http://economy-news.net/content.php?id=17784
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum