Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
Statement by United Nations Deputy Special Representative Alice Walpole, Baghdad Regional Forum for Development of Institutional Mechanisms for the Advancement of Women, I_icon_minitimeToday at 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Statement by United Nations Deputy Special Representative Alice Walpole, Baghdad Regional Forum for Development of Institutional Mechanisms for the Advancement of Women, I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Statement by United Nations Deputy Special Representative Alice Walpole, Baghdad Regional Forum for Development of Institutional Mechanisms for the Advancement of Women, I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Statement by United Nations Deputy Special Representative Alice Walpole, Baghdad Regional Forum for Development of Institutional Mechanisms for the Advancement of Women, I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Statement by United Nations Deputy Special Representative Alice Walpole, Baghdad Regional Forum for Development of Institutional Mechanisms for the Advancement of Women, I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Statement by United Nations Deputy Special Representative Alice Walpole, Baghdad Regional Forum for Development of Institutional Mechanisms for the Advancement of Women, I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Statement by United Nations Deputy Special Representative Alice Walpole, Baghdad Regional Forum for Development of Institutional Mechanisms for the Advancement of Women, I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Statement by United Nations Deputy Special Representative Alice Walpole, Baghdad Regional Forum for Development of Institutional Mechanisms for the Advancement of Women, I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Statement by United Nations Deputy Special Representative Alice Walpole, Baghdad Regional Forum for Development of Institutional Mechanisms for the Advancement of Women, I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Statement by United Nations Deputy Special Representative Alice Walpole, Baghdad Regional Forum for Development of Institutional Mechanisms for the Advancement of Women, I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Statement by United Nations Deputy Special Representative Alice Walpole, Baghdad Regional Forum for Development of Institutional Mechanisms for the Advancement of Women, I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Statement by United Nations Deputy Special Representative Alice Walpole, Baghdad Regional Forum for Development of Institutional Mechanisms for the Advancement of Women, I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Statement by United Nations Deputy Special Representative Alice Walpole, Baghdad Regional Forum for Development of Institutional Mechanisms for the Advancement of Women, I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Statement by United Nations Deputy Special Representative Alice Walpole, Baghdad Regional Forum for Development of Institutional Mechanisms for the Advancement of Women, I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Statement by United Nations Deputy Special Representative Alice Walpole, Baghdad Regional Forum for Development of Institutional Mechanisms for the Advancement of Women, I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Statement by United Nations Deputy Special Representative Alice Walpole, Baghdad Regional Forum for Development of Institutional Mechanisms for the Advancement of Women, I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Statement by United Nations Deputy Special Representative Alice Walpole, Baghdad Regional Forum for Development of Institutional Mechanisms for the Advancement of Women, I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Statement by United Nations Deputy Special Representative Alice Walpole, Baghdad Regional Forum for Development of Institutional Mechanisms for the Advancement of Women, I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Statement by United Nations Deputy Special Representative Alice Walpole, Baghdad Regional Forum for Development of Institutional Mechanisms for the Advancement of Women, I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Statement by United Nations Deputy Special Representative Alice Walpole, Baghdad Regional Forum for Development of Institutional Mechanisms for the Advancement of Women, I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

Statement by United Nations Deputy Special Representative Alice Walpole, Baghdad Regional Forum for Development of Institutional Mechanisms for the Advancement of Women,

Go down

Statement by United Nations Deputy Special Representative Alice Walpole, Baghdad Regional Forum for Development of Institutional Mechanisms for the Advancement of Women, Empty Statement by United Nations Deputy Special Representative Alice Walpole, Baghdad Regional Forum for Development of Institutional Mechanisms for the Advancement of Women,

Post by claud39 Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:16 am

[size=36]Statement by United Nations Deputy Special Representative Alice Walpole, Baghdad Regional Forum for Development of Institutional Mechanisms for the Advancement of Women,[/size]

Statement by United Nations Deputy Special Representative Alice Walpole, Baghdad Regional Forum for Development of Institutional Mechanisms for the Advancement of Women, 4362019745f7659a74382781d649e459_L

25 August 2019

Your Excellences, 
Distinguished participants, 
Esteemed colleagues,

I am honoured to be speaking at the opening of this Forum for the Advancement of Women. And I am delighted to see Iraqi women and Iraqi institutions and organisations at the centre of this exciting initiative, striving not just for women’s equality and advancement in their own country, but reaching out to their counterparts, colleagues and friends across the region to share experiences, build solidarity and work together towards important goals of inclusivity and equality.

The establishment of national machineries for the advancement of women as policy-coordinating mechanisms within governments is one of the 12 critical areas of concern outlined in the Beijing Platform for Action agreed upon by governments, the international community and civil society at the World Conference on Women held in September 1995 in Beijing. I welcome this conference today as a valuable step towards strengthening commitment to these national mechanisms.

We are seeing women mobilise across the Middle East to strive for access to civil and political rights, and though the circumstances, challenges and opportunities are different in each country, there are many inspiring ways in which we can learn from one another and enhance our individual efforts. Let us use this opportunity to listen to one another, sharing our experience and advice for promoting and defining women’s rights in spite of the many problems facing us, from armed conflict to political instability to prejudicial and obstructive social structures.

As we all know, a key instrument in securing the role of women in decision-making processes on peace and security is United Nations Security Council Resolution 1325. Let me assure you that for the United Nations Assistance Mission in Iraq – which happens to be the UN’s first (and so far only) mission with a wholly female leadership - the full implementation of this resolution remains one of our highest priorities.

To its credit, the Government of Iraq was the first country in the Middle East and North African region to launch a National Plan of Action on Resolution 1325, in April 2014. I welcome this demonstration of commitment by the Government of Iraq and its national team to the role of women in peace and security. But this commitment needs to translate into concrete action. I look forward to the publication later this year of the second National Action Plan, building on lessons learnt from earlier efforts. UNAMI stands ready to support the national team and its partners in rolling out the new Plan.

Much remains to be done in Iraq to promote a meaningful, fair and robust representation of women in political and decision-making processes at all levels, and particularly to ensure that talented, experienced, qualified women gain access to leadership positions, whether in parliament, local government, the judiciary, the civil service, diplomacy, academia, business or civil society. Iraq, at this critical moment of its post-conflict development, simply cannot afford to ignore the energy and expertise of half its population. Women play an important role as agents of change: Iraq must maximize their potential as key partners in the reconciliation and restoration of Iraq’s social fabric.

This is a message that UNAMI is highlighting in the context of the forthcoming Iraqi provincial council elections. We are encouraging women fully to participate in the democratic process, both by stepping forward as candidates and by exercising their right as voters. It is vital that future provincial councils include qualified female members who can contribute to the political agenda during this period of transition.

It is with this aim of supporting the contribution of women to Iraqi public life that UNAMI launched a Women’s Advisory Group on Reconciliation and Politics in January this year. This group comprises 20 prominent Iraqi human rights defenders, former politicians, media experts and civil society activists from various backgrounds and regions, selected according to their individual skills and experience. Their objective is to advance women’s participation in political and social structures, by advising UNAMI on implementing aspects of our mandate related to women, peace and security and by establishing a dialogue with senior Iraqi decision-makers on women’s contribution to Iraq’s development.

In June, the Women’s Advisory Group held discussions with UNAMI and other UN entities to update us on its work towards these goals. They reminded us of the shocking failure to include even one single female minister in the current Iraqi government. They underlined the many problems faced by marginalised groups of women in this country, such as the internally displaced.

These discussions vividly showed there remains a long way to go to implement Resolution 1325 here in Iraq. The Group has since expanded its advocacy work to include legislative reforms and (fitting with the focus of this conference) establishment of a national machinery on the advancement of women. I encourage the Iraqi leadership and other partners to collaborate with the Group’s members to advance the women, peace and security agenda.

More broadly, looking across the wider Middle East region, I believe it is vital that we build and expand institutional mechanisms, national and regional, to tackle all these challenges, so that women move forward in an effective and coordinated way. Let us learn the lessons of the past, let us use our mutual institutional and professional knowledge and expertise to work together and make some real progress. I wish you a stimulating and productive Forum.

Thank you.

http://www.uniraq.org/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=11589:statement-by-united-nations-deputy-special-representative-alice-walpole&Itemid=714&lang=en
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Statement by United Nations Deputy Special Representative Alice Walpole, Baghdad Regional Forum for Development of Institutional Mechanisms for the Advancement of Women, Empty UNAMI URGES INCLUSION OF WOMEN IN POLITICS AND DECISION-MAKING

Post by claud39 Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:18 am

[size=36]UNAMI URGES INCLUSION OF WOMEN IN POLITICS AND DECISION-MAKING[/size]

Monday, 26 August 2019

Statement by United Nations Deputy Special Representative Alice Walpole, Baghdad Regional Forum for Development of Institutional Mechanisms for the Advancement of Women, UNofficiallogosmall

Baghdad, Iraq, 26 August 2019 – Deputy Special Representative of the UN Secretary General, Alice Walpole, yesterday addressed the launch of a Regional Forum aimed at advancing women’s rights in Iraq and across the Middle Eastern region, with participants from Iraq, Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Palestine, Tunisia and Yemen. The forum is being held under the auspices of the President of the Republic of Iraq, with support from the United Nations Assistance Mission for Iraq (UNAMI), UN Women, the Women’s International League for Peace and the Dutch Embassy.

DSRSG Walpole called on women representatives attending the Forum to use this unique gathering to learn from one another in facing the challenges and difficulties that continue to obstruct the advancement of women in the region.

She recalled that implementation of Security Council Resolution 1325 on Women, Peace and Security, remains a key priority for the (female) leadership of UNAMI and urged the Iraqi authorities to pursue a national action plan to enable the meaningful representation of women in political and decision-making processes in Iraq.
“Iraq, at this critical moment of its post-conflict development, simply cannot afford to ignore the energy and expertise of half its population” DSRSG Walpole underlined.

The Baghdad Regional Forum will include two days of interactive workshops on 26-27 August, discussing the role and achievements of regional mechanisms in implementing the Beijing Declaration and Platform for Action, reducing violence against women and empowering women in politics.

For more information, please contact: Mr. Khalid Dahab, Deputy Director of Public Information/Deputy Spokesperson
United Nations Assistance Mission for Iraq, Phone: +964 790 194 01 46, Email: dahab@un.org
or the UNAMI Public Information Office: unami-information@un.org

http://www.uniraq.org/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=11591:unami-urges-inclusion-of-women-in-politics-and-decision-making&Itemid=605&lang=en
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Statement by United Nations Deputy Special Representative Alice Walpole, Baghdad Regional Forum for Development of Institutional Mechanisms for the Advancement of Women, Empty Sulaymaniya’s youth voice their opinions, aspirations and concerns at “Iraqi Youth: Pioneers for Dialogue and Stability” workshop

Post by claud39 Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:20 am

[size=36]Sulaymaniya’s youth voice their opinions, aspirations and concerns at “Iraqi Youth: Pioneers for Dialogue and Stability” workshop[/size]

Sunday, 25 August 2019

Statement by United Nations Deputy Special Representative Alice Walpole, Baghdad Regional Forum for Development of Institutional Mechanisms for the Advancement of Women, UNofficiallogosmall

Sulaymaniya, 25 August 2019 – The latest in a series of United Nations-sponsored workshops bringing together young Iraqis took place in Sulaymaniya in the Kurdistan Region this week, providing local youth activists with a platform to voice their aspirations for the future and discuss how they can contribute to tackling the challenges facing their communities.

The workshop in Sulaymaniya, under the theme “Iraqi Youth: Pioneers for Dialogue and Stability”, is the seventh such event taking place across Iraq throughout in 2019. 

The activities are organised by the United Nations Assistance Mission for Iraq (UNAMI), in cooperation with the Committee for Coexistence and Societal Peace in the Prime Minister’s Office and the Iraqi Al-Amal Association. In Sulaymaniyah, the group of 13 young women and 9 young men deliberated over the key challenges facing their generation, including youth unemployment, the environment, access to local decision-making and the proliferation of weapons and drugs on the street.

The workshop concluded with an interactive session with senior local officials, including Sulaimaniya Governor Haval Abubakir, the Chairman and members of the Sulaymaniya Provincial Council and Members of the Kurdistan Regional Government, all of whom engaged in vigorous debate with the workshop participants.

The Deputy Special Representative for Iraq of the United Nations Secretary-General, Alice Walpole, who chaired this interactive session, welcomed the participation of the youth and encouraged them to tell their stories, voice their concerns and work together with the local officials and the community to find creative solutions.

“Empowering young people, supporting them, and ensuring they can fulfil their potential is important in every society. But, beyond this, if we are to create a more peaceful, sustainable and prosperous Iraq, we need young Iraqis to lead,” she said.

For more information, please contact: Mr. Ivan Djordjevic, OiC, Public Information Office
United Nations Assistance Mission for Iraq, Phone: +964 780 9164859, Email: djordjevici@un.org
or the UNAMI Public Information Office: unami-information@un.org

http://www.uniraq.org/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=11586:sulaymaniya-s-youth-voice-their-opinions-aspirations-and-concerns-at-iraqi-youth-pioneers-for-dialogue-and-stability-workshop&Itemid=605&lang=en
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum