Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
The nomination of Lagarde to head the European Central Bank enters the IMF in an early race to succeed it I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
The nomination of Lagarde to head the European Central Bank enters the IMF in an early race to succeed it I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
The nomination of Lagarde to head the European Central Bank enters the IMF in an early race to succeed it I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
The nomination of Lagarde to head the European Central Bank enters the IMF in an early race to succeed it I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
The nomination of Lagarde to head the European Central Bank enters the IMF in an early race to succeed it I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
The nomination of Lagarde to head the European Central Bank enters the IMF in an early race to succeed it I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
The nomination of Lagarde to head the European Central Bank enters the IMF in an early race to succeed it I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
The nomination of Lagarde to head the European Central Bank enters the IMF in an early race to succeed it I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
The nomination of Lagarde to head the European Central Bank enters the IMF in an early race to succeed it I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
The nomination of Lagarde to head the European Central Bank enters the IMF in an early race to succeed it I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
The nomination of Lagarde to head the European Central Bank enters the IMF in an early race to succeed it I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
The nomination of Lagarde to head the European Central Bank enters the IMF in an early race to succeed it I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
The nomination of Lagarde to head the European Central Bank enters the IMF in an early race to succeed it I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
The nomination of Lagarde to head the European Central Bank enters the IMF in an early race to succeed it I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
The nomination of Lagarde to head the European Central Bank enters the IMF in an early race to succeed it I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
The nomination of Lagarde to head the European Central Bank enters the IMF in an early race to succeed it I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
The nomination of Lagarde to head the European Central Bank enters the IMF in an early race to succeed it I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
The nomination of Lagarde to head the European Central Bank enters the IMF in an early race to succeed it I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
The nomination of Lagarde to head the European Central Bank enters the IMF in an early race to succeed it I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
The nomination of Lagarde to head the European Central Bank enters the IMF in an early race to succeed it I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

The nomination of Lagarde to head the European Central Bank enters the IMF in an early race to succeed it

Go down

The nomination of Lagarde to head the European Central Bank enters the IMF in an early race to succeed it Empty The nomination of Lagarde to head the European Central Bank enters the IMF in an early race to succeed it

Post by RamblerNash Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:38 pm

The nomination of Lagarde to head the European Central Bank enters the IMF in an early race to succeed it

The nomination of Lagarde to head the European Central Bank enters the IMF in an early race to succeed it Story_img_5d1cd49e7b286

2019/7/3 19:15

The International Monetary Fund's nomination of Christine Lagarde to head the European Central Bank (ECB) prompted the International Monetary Fund (IMF) to launch an early and unexpected search for a new fund manager amid a raging trade war that has dimmed prospects for global growth.

Lagarde said in a brief statement that she had "honored" the nomination and would temporarily relinquish her position as IMF general manager during her nomination.

Lagarde's appointment depends on the approval of the fractious European Parliament. If approved, Lagarde will assume her post as president of the European Central Bank (ECB), replacing Mario Draghi as of October 31.

Lagarde's second five-year term expires as IMF director in July 2021. In September, the Financial Times asked Lagarde whether she was interested in chairing the ECB, and replied "no and no no."

The Board of Directors of the International Monetary Fund said in a statement that it accepted Lagarde's decision to step down temporarily, and appointed First Deputy Managing Director David Lipton as acting director, expressing "full confidence" in the US economist.

The Board's statement did not contain any details about the search for who would succeed Lagarde in managing the fund.

But in Washington, speculations about potential candidates to succeed Lagarde were already focused on European figures including Olli Rehn, governor of the Central Bank of Finland, François Villeroy de Gallau, governor of the French central bank, and Vince Boehderman, president of the Central Bank of Germany.

Some analysts also point out that Draghi, who will complete his 72nd year before leaving the ECB, could be a potential candidate for the IMF presidency in a swap with Lagarde, 63.

The IMF director is usually European, while the director of the sister institution is the World Bank, which was also established at the end of World War II, and at times, large emerging markets sought to break this double monopoly and advance its candidates.

But Mark Sobel, an American and former executive director of the International Monetary Fund, said he saw no possibility of change this time, especially after David Malpas, the US president's nominee Donald Trump, was elected president without difficulties in April.

He Sobel "bilateral monopoly exists.

" Did not oppose the Europeans Malpas because they cling led by the International Monetary Fund, the United States would not oppose its choice Europeans to the Fund. " The

United States has strongly vote rate of 16.5% in the IMF, and then have the right of veto (veto ) On IFAD's decisions.

But Heather Connelly, vice president for Europe and Eurasia at the Center for Strategic and International Studies in Washington, believes that given Europe's diminished impact on the global economy, it may eventually have to give up the leadership of the International Monetary Fund.

US Treasury Secretary Stephen Menuchin blocked the study of the reallocation of quotas at the International Monetary Fund (IMF), which would have increased funding and given bigger powers to emerging markets such as China, Brazil and India.

With Lagarde's departure, the IMF will lose a tireless advocate of the benefits of trade and global growth that supports the poor and middle classes and the empowerment of women.

Lagarde spent most of the year warning against slowing world growth caused by the US-China fee war, which the IMF estimates will cut global economic output by about 0.5 percent.

http://alforatnews.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=202554

The nomination of Lagarde to head the European Central Bank enters the IMF in an early race to succeed it 258310255 
>>>TNTBS's YouTube Channel<<<
RamblerNash
RamblerNash
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum