Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
The World Bank calls for engaging the private sector in activating the Internet I_icon_minitimeToday at 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
The World Bank calls for engaging the private sector in activating the Internet I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
The World Bank calls for engaging the private sector in activating the Internet I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
The World Bank calls for engaging the private sector in activating the Internet I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
The World Bank calls for engaging the private sector in activating the Internet I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
The World Bank calls for engaging the private sector in activating the Internet I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
The World Bank calls for engaging the private sector in activating the Internet I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
The World Bank calls for engaging the private sector in activating the Internet I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
The World Bank calls for engaging the private sector in activating the Internet I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
The World Bank calls for engaging the private sector in activating the Internet I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
The World Bank calls for engaging the private sector in activating the Internet I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
The World Bank calls for engaging the private sector in activating the Internet I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
The World Bank calls for engaging the private sector in activating the Internet I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
The World Bank calls for engaging the private sector in activating the Internet I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
The World Bank calls for engaging the private sector in activating the Internet I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
The World Bank calls for engaging the private sector in activating the Internet I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
The World Bank calls for engaging the private sector in activating the Internet I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
The World Bank calls for engaging the private sector in activating the Internet I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
The World Bank calls for engaging the private sector in activating the Internet I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
The World Bank calls for engaging the private sector in activating the Internet I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

The World Bank calls for engaging the private sector in activating the Internet

Go down

The World Bank calls for engaging the private sector in activating the Internet Empty The World Bank calls for engaging the private sector in activating the Internet

Post by claud39 Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:35 am

[size=36][rtl]The World Bank calls for engaging the private sector in activating the Internet[/rtl][/size]

Friday, 28 June 2019

The World Bank calls for engaging the private sector in activating the Internet Alsabaah-14887

Baghdad / follow-up

A report by the World Bank states that the Levant countries, including Iraq, have an opportunity to build a digital economy that transforms them into a commercial service center and advanced connectivity and communication activities, while calling for the enactment of telecommunications legislation to promote competition and private sector participation.

"The region needs to invest $ 4 to $ 5.2 billion to enable 30 percent of the population to have high-speed broadband access through fiber technology," the bank said in a report entitled "Mashreq 2.0: Digital Transformation for Total Growth and Job Creation"
 "The Internet delivery of more than 13 million households in Lebanon, Jordan, Syria and Iraq needs to integrate the region's broadband networks, including basic and terrestrial networks 
And the Navy.

Remove restrictions

The report called on officials in Iraq to "remove the restrictions imposed on private operators to build, own and operate the fiber optic infrastructure," noting the importance of "allowing companies to reach the end user." He stressed "the need to enact telecommunications legislation to promote competition and private sector participation, To make Iraq a center for international connectivity in the domain services market
 Wide. "
"There are only one data exchange center in Beirut, while there are no centers in Iraq, Syria or Jordan," the report said.
"Syria and Iraq need to remove barriers to operators in the market and stimulate broadband and telecommunications markets, and despite the existence of a large infrastructure of regional networks and basic, but not optimized because of the lack of
 Stability ".

Unified vision

The report called on "the Lebanese authorities to develop a unified vision for the ICT sector, improve financial transparency of the sector, introduce competition through a common legal framework, and study the structure of the broadband sector for mobile phones and the granting of fifth generation licenses." The World Bank also called on Jordan to "prepare a draft study on the fifth generation networks and grant frequencies to operators, apply the next generation of public-private partnership, strengthen the regulatory framework and review fees and taxes to stimulate investment and ensure regulatory control 
occasion".
Broadband infrastructure is helping to boost economic growth. Increasing the penetration rate of broadband services by 10 percent leads to an additional 1.4 percent increase in gross domestic product
 the local.

http://alsabaah.iq/10618/%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%A8%D9%86%D9%83-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%AF%D9%88%D9%84%D9%8A-%D9%8A%D8%AF%D8%B9%D9%88-%D9%84%D8%A5%D8%B4%D8%B1%D8%A7%D9%83-%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%82%D8%B7%D8%A7%D8%B9-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%AE%D8%A7%D8%B5-%D9%81%D9%8A-%D8%AA%D9%86%D8%B4%D9%8A%D8%B7-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%A7%D9%86%D8%AA%D8%B1%D9%86%D8%AA
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

The World Bank calls for engaging the private sector in activating the Internet Empty World Bank Calls for Digital Transformation to Achieve Growth and Job Creation in Mashreq Countries

Post by claud39 Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:46 am

World Bank Calls for Digital Transformation to Achieve Growth and Job Creation in Mashreq Countries

28/06/2019

The World Bank calls for engaging the private sector in activating the Internet Rc_156170356122_23

A new World Bank report entitled "The Mashreq 2.0: Digital Transformation for Inclusive Growth and Job Creation" concluded that the Mashreq countries have a unique opportunity to overcome their failure to strengthen their digital economies and transform them into strong economic rivals at the regional and other levels. The establishment of a regional digital economy system would greatly benefit from the comparative advantages of the countries of the region: the competitiveness of higher education and technology-driven youth, and a strategic location that would enable them to become a center of services, trade and advanced connectivity and communication activities.

The report also concluded that Mashreq countries have a broad infrastructure of regional and basic broadband services but are not optimally exploited by war and instability, complex political economy, and weak reforms at the local level. The region enjoys a strategic geographical location with respect to the global Internet infrastructure. The Mashreq countries can benefit from strategic access to major submarine cable connections through increased liberalization of international portals and exchange points. 

The report reviews the legal, regulatory and institutional frameworks governing the functioning of the sector and monitors the obstacles to the full development of the digital economies. The report also analyzes cross-sectoral digital applications and platforms, particularly in the energy, financial, e-government, trade, regional logistics, agriculture and skills development sectors.

"Digital transformation can address some of the most important challenges facing the Mashreq region at this critical juncture, particularly the need to promote inclusive growth and create jobs that are strongly needed for the region's vibrant youth," said Saroj Kumar Jha, Regional Director, Mashreq. Recognizing the importance of digital transformation, the World Bank pledged in October 2018 an ambitious approach to double access to broadband telecommunications services by 2021 and to expand the use of digital payment devices. "

The transformative impact of the digital economy stems from the growing number of transactions by businesses, individuals and governments on the Internet, estimated at billions per day. This shift will enhance efficiency, accelerate the containment of lagging economic and social groups, and improve governance and transparency systems. Innovative technologies are also changing the business model of key sectors of the economy, including agriculture, electricity, oil, gas and industrial production. 

Based on the World Bank's expanded strategy for the Middle East and North Africa, which gives priority to using technology to create a new digital economy, Mashreq countries have the opportunity to build the infrastructure to develop a more advanced digital economy and take advantage of its large base of digital youth to become the region's digital hub.

"Increasing competitiveness is essential to achieving ambitious goals," said Carlo Maria Rosotto, chief information and communications technology officer at the World Bank and lead author of the report. Therefore, Mashreq countries need to reduce the level of excess profits by stimulating competition, strengthening regulatory institutions, providing regulatory incentives and ensuring universal access to broadband services through the effective use of public sector support. "

The infrastructure of broadband telecommunications services promotes economic growth, as it facilitates access to information and increases efficiency and productivity in the economy. Increasing the penetration rate of broadband services by only 10% would result in an increase of 1.4% of GDP and would give a significant boost to economic growth and trade integration in the region. Overall, there is still a large gap in the rate of adoption, speed, use and affordability of fixed broadband services between the region and the emerging economies, which are better in terms of digital economy development, such as Turkey, Romania and Bulgaria.

On the other hand, most policies will have to focus on the development of connectivity networks to the final stage (ie even the consumer), which is likely to attract the greatest amount of investment. The amount of investment required to facilitate high-speed broadband access to 30% of the Arab Mashreq population through fiber optic connections (about 13 million households) will range between $ 4 billion and $ 5.2 billion.

http://www.uabonline.org/en/news/arabicnews/15751604157616061603157516041583160816041610161015/65217/0
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum