Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
Iraq's summer loot threatens health, work and sports I_icon_minitimeToday at 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Iraq's summer loot threatens health, work and sports I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Iraq's summer loot threatens health, work and sports I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Iraq's summer loot threatens health, work and sports I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Iraq's summer loot threatens health, work and sports I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Iraq's summer loot threatens health, work and sports I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Iraq's summer loot threatens health, work and sports I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Iraq's summer loot threatens health, work and sports I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Iraq's summer loot threatens health, work and sports I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Iraq's summer loot threatens health, work and sports I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Iraq's summer loot threatens health, work and sports I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Iraq's summer loot threatens health, work and sports I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Iraq's summer loot threatens health, work and sports I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Iraq's summer loot threatens health, work and sports I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Iraq's summer loot threatens health, work and sports I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Iraq's summer loot threatens health, work and sports I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Iraq's summer loot threatens health, work and sports I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Iraq's summer loot threatens health, work and sports I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Iraq's summer loot threatens health, work and sports I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Iraq's summer loot threatens health, work and sports I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

Iraq's summer loot threatens health, work and sports

Go down

Iraq's summer loot threatens health, work and sports Empty Iraq's summer loot threatens health, work and sports

Post by RamblerNash Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:34 am

Iraq's summer loot threatens health, work and sports

Iraq's summer loot threatens health, work and sports Iraq_4

2019/06/16 09:47:15

With temperatures rising to unprecedented levels, fans are extinguished in hospitals, soccer players are resting every quarter of an hour, food is spoiled in refrigerators with power outages, threatening a hot summer that threatens the safety of Iraqis.

In one of the freest countries in the world, temperatures in early June reached 48 degrees Celsius, which are usually recorded in July or August.

In the face of the severe heat wave, electricity consumption has increased, putting pressure on the degraded infrastructure mainly with leakage causing 40 percent of the country's electricity output, according to the International Energy Agency.

"The power cuts are up to 17 times a day," Abdul Hussain al-Jabri, health director in Dhi Qar, south of Baghdad, told AFP.

Many patients resort to private hospitals for treatment despite high costs, because they rely on themselves to secure electricity.

The grocer Abu Haidar decided to buy his own birthplace in Nasiriyah, the largest city in Dhi Qar province. In this province of more than 2 million people, the population gets electricity from the state from 10 hours to 12 hours a day.

Some of Abu Haidar's goods were already damaged before he could sell them. "Our work has been affected a lot by high temperatures because many food items are damaged before they are sold, especially with electricity problems," he said. "Many people have reduced their purchases of food."

In Baghdad, a number of shop owners have volunteered to set up outdoor water sprinklers. Some put their heads below them to reduce heat, while others use cold cloths to hold iron machines and equipment.

In the heat of the sun, some professions become more stressful and even more dangerous and threaten the lives of many who have to work under the sun.

In the oil-rich southern Gulf city of Basra, which has high humidity and heat, the oil companies working there have raised the violet flag to alert workers to avoid exposure to ultraviolet radiation.

Traffic police, who roam the streets and roads packed with the smoke of vehicles mixed with the sun, may suffer the most from the harsh conditions prevailing across the country due to severe heat waves.

Because of this harsh atmosphere, the Iraqi league championship, which is the longest in the region, a threat to the safety of players.

Normally, the league competition ends in mid-August at the height of the rising temperatures in Iraq. Football players can not play in the evening because there are no lights on most of the stadiums.

With their stadiums lacking advanced standards, most notably the floodlights, the teams have to play the games at a time when temperatures exceed 46 degrees Celsius.

Sports nutritionist and football coach Lutfi al-Musawi did not hesitate to confirm the risks to players' safety.

"The hot weather causes severe drought and this leads to problems, notably the decline of sugar and difficulty breathing and fatigue to the point of fainting and may feel these problems players in the future."

Half day without power

The referee turns to the suspension of the game sporadically to allow players to drink water and other liquids.

For his part, the official of the information office of the electricity club Khayyaz Khazraji that "the medical system puts into account such negative effects, and the next day the players undergo routine tests to ensure their safety."

Twenty teams from different Iraqi cities are taking part in league matches, so it is going on in the very hot summer months.

The matches are limited to five football stadiums in Iraq, which can host these activities in the evening, in Baghdad where they take place in the "People's Stadium", the cities of Najaf, Basra and Karbala, alongside the Francois Hariri Stadium in Erbil.

Last summer, after a series of angry protests against electricity shortages, the minister of electricity was sacked. This year, the new minister is preparing to face an effective referendum on the government's progress.

This comes at a time when the temperature reached unprecedented levels since 2011, according to spokesman of the meteorological Amer al-Jabri.

The summer has become a season for angry demonstrations demanding oil revenue allocations to build public services rather than personal enrichment and politicians in the country, which ranks 12th among the most corrupt countries in the world.

Hundreds of protesters marched in Basra and Diwaniyah in the south of the country, while al-Jabri warned of a hot summer where temperatures could reach 50 degrees.

Iraq's summer loot threatens health, work and sports 22_3
Iraq's summer loot threatens health, work and sports 55_0
Iraq's summer loot threatens health, work and sports 11
Iraq's summer loot threatens health, work and sports 33_1
Iraq's summer loot threatens health, work and sports 44.jpg?1Q
Iraq's summer loot threatens health, work and sports 66_4.jpg?x940YjfGv0LWIsJSmaFeKEyq_hIbh
Iraq's summer loot threatens health, work and sports 77_2
Iraq's summer loot threatens health, work and sports 22_3
afp

LINK

Iraq's summer loot threatens health, work and sports 258310255 
>>>TNTBS's YouTube Channel<<<
RamblerNash
RamblerNash
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: