Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
God's Share I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
God's Share I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
God's Share I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
God's Share I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
God's Share I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
God's Share I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
God's Share I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
God's Share I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
God's Share I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
God's Share I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
God's Share I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
God's Share I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
God's Share I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
God's Share I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
God's Share I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
God's Share I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
God's Share I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
God's Share I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
God's Share I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
God's Share I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

God's Share

+6
tweetiepie
gmahunni
donzi
dinarstar
Bruno
Bunky
10 posters

Go down

God's Share Empty God's Share

Post by Bunky Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:00 pm

Someone posted that they were going to do good with God’s money (the tithing). The reply was that it would not do as much good as giving it to church.
I beg to differ. I belonged to the richest church there is. Never ever did I see the church give back to those in need. There were always fund raisers if the church needed something (like a new roof and people were asked to work for nothing).
The priest ate steak and we were lucky to have hamburger. He drove an expensive car and we walked. He would take your last dime and feel no remorse.
I often ask myself “what would Jesus do?” I let him guide me in my endowers. I doubt Jesus would want God’s money given to a church to be put into a vault.
Don’t you think Jesus would want wells dug so his children could drink safe water? How about seeds and animals so they could eventually make a living? How about some homes for shelter? Maybe medicine for those ill? How about helping care for the sick? I don’t belief Jesus would want his father’s money spent on a fancy building when his children are hungry, sick and cold.
Whomever I help it will be in the name of Jesus and I can speak of his love for everyone and tell them the gifts are from God.
I want all God’s money to make a difference, not just a portion of it. If we are going to make a difference we will need to follow in the footsteps of Jesus. Jesus spoke of God’s love from wherever he was; lift a rock and I am there.
What are your thoughts on this Okie?
Bunky
Bunky

Back to top Go down

God's Share Empty Re: God's Share

Post by Bruno Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:10 pm

Bunky wrote:Someone posted that they were going to do good with God’s money (the tithing). The reply was that it would not do as much good as giving it to church.
I beg to differ. I belonged to the richest church there is. Never ever did I see the church give back to those in need. There were always fund raisers if the church needed something (like a new roof and people were asked to work for nothing).
The priest ate steak and we were lucky to have hamburger. He drove an expensive car and we walked. He would take your last dime and feel no remorse.
I often ask myself “what would Jesus do?” I let him guide me in my endowers. I doubt Jesus would want God’s money given to a church to be put into a vault.
Don’t you think Jesus would want wells dug so his children could drink safe water? How about seeds and animals so they could eventually make a living? How about some homes for shelter? Maybe medicine for those ill? How about helping care for the sick? I don’t belief Jesus would want his father’s money spent on a fancy building when his children are hungry, sick and cold.
Whomever I help it will be in the name of Jesus and I can speak of his love for everyone and tell them the gifts are from God.

I want all God’s money to make a difference, not just a portion of it. If we are going to make a difference we will need to follow in the footsteps of Jesus. Jesus spoke of God’s love from wherever he was; lift a rock and I am there.

I do not believe all churches are that way. Many are active in their immediate communities feeding the hungry, caring for the abused, providing shelter in the winter. and most importantly getting the good newas of Jesus out into the community. You said you once belonged to a selfish church. So you know the difference. Think before you give. Pray before you give. Let God do the mighty works in people. You just give them the opportunity. God bless.

Last edited by Bruno on Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : inserted in wrong location)

Not ANOTHER Day. Not Another Day. I can't take this. I can't take this. NOT ANOTHER DAY!!

God's Share 437791839 God's Share 437791839 God's Share 437791839
Bruno
Bruno
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dinarstar Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:11 pm

I totally agree with you.
My help will go to those I see and know to be in need,and not the church.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It's the courage to continue that counts."
Winston Churchill
(1874-1965)
hug

dinarstar
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by donzi Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:12 pm

Bunky, I know of church's that you went to. The deal is, "That is not a true church", you were wasting your time and gas money going there. Jesus mentions decievers, false churches etc, while he was on earth. This is nothing new. The Tithe, 10% IS GOD'S MONEY. You best research the Bible and go to an Apostolic church, a New Testament church. Your salvation depends on it.
God Bless.
Donzi

donzi

Back to top Go down

Post by gmahunni Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:41 pm

Bunky wrote:Someone posted that they were going to do good with God’s money (the tithing). The reply was that it would not do as much good as giving it to church.

I agree wholeheartedly. I consider ALL of our money to be HIS. If we prayerfully seek His will on where to donate/put it, then I believe He will faithfully lead us. The way I look at it, is He is providing for us and others (for our provision and to provide for others in times of need). If you don't belong/know a church that isn't corrupt with it's money, then certainly, follow GOD. Blessings! <3
gmahunni
gmahunni
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetiepie Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:58 pm

Dear Bunky,

I am sad that you have had this negative experience, but please believe me that not all Churches use donations and tithes selfishly. I am blessed to be the Executive Director of a wonderful faith based non profit that receives these gifts (tithes) from the Church to assist yearly over 155,000 men, women and children who are poor, homeless, disabled or have simply lost their way and no longer have hope. We offer food, shelter, clothing, financial assistance, counseling, medication assistance, legal immigration assistance, through our healthy living center we education people on how to manage their diabetes and develope healthy eating and exercise habits, we teach living and learning classes for the blind, deaf and mentally challenged, we are also depended upon in times of natural disasters to be an "early responder" agency for the Community. I can assure you that not a single nickle is ever used selfishly ... after all we have God to answer to.

I strongly encourage you to "give to God what is God's".

Bless you

tweetiepie

Back to top Go down

Post by gmahunni Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:06 pm

donzi wrote: Bunky, I know of church's that you went to. The deal is, "That is not a true church", you were wasting your time and gas money going there. Jesus mentions decievers, false churches etc, while he was on earth. This is nothing new. The Tithe, 10% IS GOD'S MONEY. You best research the Bible and go to an Apostolic church, a New Testament church. Your salvation depends on it.
God Bless.
Donzi

Oh my. You DIDN'T mean to say that Bunky's salvation DEPENDS on TITHING, did you??
That is false doctrine, my friend.
Our salvation depends on our faith in Jesus Christ as our Messiah, and acceptance of His suffering for our sins. NOWHERE in my Bible does it say that our salvation is dependent on donating 10% of our income to a church! Jesus himself said to "give what you have decided to give, and give with a cheerful heart." If we are forced to give, compelled to give by coercion, and resent it, then it is a worthless gift.

I agree with this perspective: http://www.twopaths.com/faq_tithe.htm

Churches are RIFE with corruption these days. If you read the Bible as I do, the purpose of the early disciples giving all they had to one another was to meet one another's needs. NOT to build bigger buildings, fund man-made programs, or make the "servants" of God wealthy!
I do not believe that "tithing" is taught properly, and ESPECIALLY not if it is tied to salvation! (The Catholic APOSTASY of selling pardons, comes to mind!).

As I was searching for a good study, I came across this one. This 5 part series (make sure to find the first and go from there) appears to be quite thorough and scriptural. I hope that those with questions on this topic will read this as I will. I scanned through but liked what I found. Hope it helps!

http://knsfinancial.com/a-closer-look-at-tithing-before-the-law-of-moses-abrahams-example/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Knsfinancialcom+%28KNS+Financial%29
Ok, I read to part 4 but couldn't find part 5. If anyone locates it, please post the link. I think I got lost! But the first 4 articles had EXCELLENT points.

Blessings!

Last edited by gmahunni on Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
gmahunni
gmahunni
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Gmansaid Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:12 pm

tweetiepie wrote:Dear Bunky,

I am sad that you have had this negative experience, but please believe me that not all Churches use donations and tithes selfishly. I am blessed to be the Executive Director of a wonderful faith based non profit that receives these gifts (tithes) from the Church to assist yearly over 155,000 men, women and children who are poor, homeless, disabled or have simply lost their way and no longer have hope. We offer food, shelter, clothing, financial assistance, counseling, medication assistance, legal immigration assistance, through our healthy living center we education people on how to manage their diabetes and develope healthy eating and exercise habits, we teach living and learning classes for the blind, deaf and mentally challenged, we are also depended upon in times of natural disasters to be an "early responder" agency for the Community. I can assure you that not a single nickle is ever used selfishly ... after all we have God to answer to.

I strongly encourage you to "give to God what is God's".

Bless you

Tweetiepie, your organization is the exception and not the rule and I would not hesitate to generously support it. I applaud your efforts and I believe that our Heavenly Father is very pleased with what you are doing. Kuddos to you. I am certain that there are many who are truly grateful for the help and if you were not there you would be sorely missed. God Bless You.

Gmansaid
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetiepie Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:41 pm

Thank you, Gman, for your kind words, but really it is a great honor for me to daily witness the staff and volunteers who carefully and cheerfully serve these most vulnerable children of God. It is a very humbling experience to be there ... a gift from Our Lord.

tweetiepie

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruno Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:46 pm

gmahunni wrote:
donzi wrote: Bunky, I know of church's that you went to. The deal is, "That is not a true church", you were wasting your time and gas money going there. Jesus mentions decievers, false churches etc, while he was on earth. This is nothing new. The Tithe, 10% IS GOD'S MONEY. You best research the Bible and go to an Apostolic church, a New Testament church. Your salvation depends on it.
God Bless.
Donzi

Oh my. You DIDN'T mean to say that Bunky's salvation DEPENDS on TITHING, did you??
That is false doctrine, my friend.
Our salvation depends on our faith in Jesus Christ as our Messiah, and acceptance of His suffering for our sins. NOWHERE in my Bible does it say that our salvation is dependent on donating 10% of our income to a church! Jesus himself said to "give what you have decided to give, and give with a cheerful heart." If we are forced to give, compelled to give by coercion, and resent it, then it is a worthless gift.

I agree with this perspective: http://www.twopaths.com/faq_tithe.htm

Churches are RIFE with corruption these days. If you read the Bible as I do, the purpose of the early disciples giving all they had to one another was to meet one another's needs. NOT to build bigger buildings, fund man-made programs, or make the "servants" of God wealthy!
I do not believe that "tithing" is taught properly, and ESPECIALLY not if it is tied to salvation! (The Catholic APOSTASY of selling pardons, comes to mind!).

As I was searching for a good study, I came across this one. This 5 part series (make sure to find the first and go from there) appears to be quite thorough and scriptural. I hope that those with questions on this topic will read this as I will. I scanned through but liked what I found. Hope it helps!

http://knsfinancial.com/a-closer-look-at-tithing-before-the-law-of-moses-abrahams-example/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Knsfinancialcom+%28KNS+Financial%29
Blessings!

I do not believe donzi meant that you needed to tithe for your salvation. I think he meant that the original poster had gone to a church that was not a a true Christian church that was Rightly Related to JESUS CHRIST. He was only suggesting that if that previous church was his only exposure to what he thought was Christianity, then he should get to a true bible believing, Christ centered church. Your only requirement is that you accept Jesus as your Lord and Saviour, and that it was only through Christ's dying on the cross that your sins are forgiven. You just need to believe in Him and accept Him as your Lord. There is nothing man can do on their own to get to heaven. You can't be good enough. We are all sinners and fall short. It is through the Grace of God and your belief in Him that you are saved. To think that you can do some sort of good works and earn your way into heaven , would be saying that what Jesus did on the cross was not enough. Jesus said "It is finished".

Not ANOTHER Day. Not Another Day. I can't take this. I can't take this. NOT ANOTHER DAY!!

God's Share 437791839 God's Share 437791839 God's Share 437791839
Bruno
Bruno
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by lilcricket Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:56 pm

I think we need to take tithing in the context in which it was stated in the Bible. The tithes were mainly food put into warehouses to support the widows the poor the orphans the homeless. It wasnt money given to a church to support the BUILDING. Tithing can be of your time and of your talent and it can be to individuals it does not have to go to a church. You should pray and ask God to show you where he wants you to plant your seed and act accordingly. If he points you in the direction of a ministry that is great, if he points you elsewhere, obey his call because "if you have did it unto the least of them you have did it unto me"

Let us never forget tho that charity begins at home. Take care of your family and their needs as well. I am a preachers kid, and I spent my life doing without so my father could give to all the churches he sponsored. That is NOT Biblical, it is more of a Pharisee and Scribes motion

lilcricket

Back to top Go down

Post by gmahunni Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:06 pm

Bruno, while I appreciate you clarifying what donzi meant (I'm guessing you know donzi personally), what he wrote isn't clear. Jesus is our salvation, on this point you and I agree! AMEN! If I misunderstood that he wasn't referring to TITHING, then can you reassure me that I'm also mistaken in that he WASN'T also saying that going to the correct church determines salvation? Again, JESUS is our salvation. I think we should be CLEAR when we specify WHAT/WHO our salvation depends on. Since most of us don't know each other, we can't really presume what was intended, but have to go with what is written.

This is how misunderstandings begin...

I once attended a church that believed ALL OTHERS were not saved. It's not unheard of that some believe that way.

We don't need a church to be saved. We need Jesus. A good church will nurture and mature us. A bad church will stunt our growth and keep us infants and paying tithes to maintain the income of the leaders. There are good and bad out there, but I wouldn't rely my salvation on ANY of them.
gmahunni
gmahunni
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by gmahunni Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:09 pm

lilcricket wrote:I think we need to take tithing in the context in which it was stated in the Bible. The tithes were mainly food put into warehouses to support the widows the poor the orphans the homeless. It wasnt money given to a church to support the BUILDING. Tithing can be of your time and of your talent and it can be to individuals it does not have to go to a church. You should pray and ask God to show you where he wants you to plant your seed and act accordingly. If he points you in the direction of a ministry that is great, if he points you elsewhere, obey his call because "if you have did it unto the least of them you have did it unto me"

Let us never forget tho that charity begins at home. Take care of your family and their needs as well. I am a preachers kid, and I spent my life doing without so my father could give to all the churches he sponsored. That is NOT Biblical, it is more of a Pharisee and Scribes motion

Amen! I agree 100% I think it's worthy to point out that one of the tithes (annual Festivals) commanded of the Israelites was to be eaten BY THE GIVERS FAMILY at the appointed place. In other words...a "pot luck." You were to make your 10% offering at festivals and EAT it in God's presence. Everyone seems to skip that part... Wink
gmahunni
gmahunni
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Siaya Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:16 pm

Once again we can SEE the reality of Religion versus salvation by the Word of God. We see apostate churches, religious orders, doctrines of men, the blind leading the blind as Jesus said. THIS is why Jesus said a man MUST be born again to SEE the Kingdom of God. Peter said we are ONLY born again by the Word of God. IF any are professing "Christians", then be disciples of Jesus Christ, STUDY the scriptures, OBEY the Word of God, and heaven awaits, Anything short, and it is pure religion which will save NO man. The tithe was HOLY unto the Lord, and tithes are NOT just food, or good works, but increase of wealth, money in ones life given unto the Lord. His work was for PEOPLE, not buildings. Outside that, if people would JUST study the Word of God and pray, they would not be led astray.

Jesus IS Lord! Jesus said, Marvel not that I said you MUST be Born Again--Jn.3;3-8
Siaya
Siaya
Elite Member
Elite Member

http://NewCovenantWorldOutreach.com

Back to top Go down

Post by gmahunni Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:21 pm

Siaya wrote:Once again we can SEE the reality of Religion versus salvation by the Word of God. We see apostate churches, religious orders, doctrines of men, the blind leading the blind as Jesus said. THIS is why Jesus said a man MUST be born again to SEE the Kingdom of God. Peter said we are ONLY born again by the Word of God. IF any are professing "Christians", then be disciples of Jesus Christ, STUDY the scriptures, OBEY the Word of God, and heaven awaits, Anything short, and it is pure religion which will save NO man. The tithe was HOLY unto the Lord, and tithes are NOT just food, or good works, but increase of wealth, money in ones life given unto the Lord. His work was for PEOPLE, not buildings. Outside that, if people would JUST study the Word of God and pray, they would not be led astray.

Amen!! Well said Siaya.
gmahunni
gmahunni
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Gmansaid Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:24 pm

lilcricket wrote:I think we need to take tithing in the context in which it was stated in the Bible. The tithes were mainly food put into warehouses to support the widows the poor the orphans the homeless. It wasnt money given to a church to support the BUILDING. Tithing can be of your time and of your talent and it can be to individuals it does not have to go to a church. You should pray and ask God to show you where he wants you to plant your seed and act accordingly. If he points you in the direction of a ministry that is great, if he points you elsewhere, obey his call because "if you have did it unto the least of them you have did it unto me"

Thank you, lilcricket, you are so right about the tithe. After doing some study on the subject I have discovered that the tithe was the ten percent of your crop harvest that was to be stored in the storehouse (not to be confused with a bank) because every seventh year was a time of rest and debt forgiveness. No crops were planted on that seventh year and that is why there was a need to store them for the prior six years.

There are also a series of feasts that were to be observed to have God's blessing. I have also discovered that the sabbath is Saturday and not Sunday. Sunday is the first day of the week (look at your calender) and He rested on the seventh day (Saturday). One of the ten commandments say," Remeber the sabbath and keep it holy" (holy meaning {set apart}). As I was being educated on the subject I wondered how we got so far away from what God had originally instructed to do.

To me there appears to be some substance to all of this and I am trying to learn all that I can presently.

Gmansaid
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by gmahunni Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:37 pm

Gmansaid wrote:

Thank you, lilcricket, you are so right about the tithe. After doing some study on the subject I have discovered that the tithe was the ten percent of your crop harvest that was to be stored in the storehouse (not to be confused with a bank) because every seventh year was a time of rest and debt forgiveness. No crops were planted on that seventh year and that is why there was a need to store them for the prior six years.

There are also a series of feasts that were to be observed to have God's blessing. I have also discovered that the sabbath is Saturday and not Sunday. Sunday is the first day of the week (look at your calender) and He rested on the seventh day (Saturday). One of the ten commandments say," Remeber the sabbath and keep it holy" (holy meaning {set apart}). As I was being educated on the subject I wondered how we got so far away from what God had originally instructed to do.

To me there appears to be some substance to all of this and I am trying to learn all that I can presently.

Gman, I have rediscovered the truth about the Sabbath in recent years. Here's an IMPORTANT tip for honoring the Sabbath...The evening and the morning were the first day...in other words, Sabbath begins at Sundown on Friday and ends at Sundown on Saturday. This is especially pertinent if you have family members to take care of. Prepare meals ahead of time or have easy to prepare meals ready and either use paper plates or put off dishes until sundown. Smile NO WORK ALLOWED. Wink

It's taken time to "de-program" ourselves and keep it HOLY, but it's much easier when you follow it as instructed. We found it difficult to complete a full DAY without doing any work, until we tried it God's way. We work until sundown and rest until sundown the next day. We fast during that time from "the world" and then we can "clean up" after ourselves that evening. I usually fast (from food) during Sabbath, but my children eat and make messes so I restrain my clean up after them until sundown. I've found it to be SO GOOD to take a day of rest, take it seriously, and refrain from "business as usual." God knew what was good when He commanded it...He gives GOOD things to His children! Hope my tips help, but however you do it, do it unto HIM.
Many BLESSINGS! Smile
gmahunni
gmahunni
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

God's Share Empty GOD'S SHARE

Post by donzi Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:21 pm

Bruno, Bunky's salvation depends on my biblical factors. You cannot be a thief and rob God and go to heaven. You cannot violate the ten commandments and make it to heaven.

Try and grasp the same scripture in different translations.

<p>
<< Malachi 3:8 >>
<td>
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0>

<TR>
<td class=btext colSpan=2 height=20><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0>

<TR>
<td class=orange2 width="99%">God's Share Parallel7</TD></TR></TABLE>New International Version (©1984)
"Will a man rob God? Yet you rob me. "But you ask, 'How do we rob you?' "In tithes and offerings.
<p>New Living Translation (©2007)
"Should people cheat God? Yet you have cheated me! "But you ask, 'What do you mean? When did we ever cheat you?' "You have cheated me of the tithes and offerings due to me.
<p>English Standard Version (©2001)
Will man rob God? Yet you are robbing me. But you say, ‘How have we robbed you?’ In your tithes and contributions.
<p>New American Standard Bible (©1995)
"Will a man rob God? Yet you are robbing Me! But you say, 'How have we robbed You?' In tithes and offerings.
<p>King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings.
<p>GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
"Can a person cheat God? Yet, you are cheating me! "But you ask, 'How are we cheating you?' "When [you don't bring] a tenth of your income and other contributions.
<p>King James 2000 Bible (©2003)
Will a man rob God? Yet you have robbed me. But you say, How have we robbed you? In tithes and offerings.
<p>American King James Version
Will a man rob God? Yet you have robbed me. But you say, Wherein have we robbed you? In tithes and offerings.
<p>American Standard Version
Will a man rob God? yet ye rob me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings.
<p>Bible in Basic English
Will a man keep back from God what is right? But you have kept back what is mine. But you say, What have we kept back from you? Tenths and offerings.
<p>Douay-Rheims Bible
Shall a man afflict God? for you afflict me. And you have said: Wherein do we afflict thee? in tithes and in firstfruits.
<p>Darby Bible Translation
Will a man rob God? But ye rob me. And ye say, Wherein do we rob thee? In tithes and heave-offerings.
<p>English Revised Version
Will a man rob God? yet ye rob me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings.
<p>Webster's Bible Translation
Will a man rob God? yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, In what have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings.
World English Bible
Will a man rob God? Yet you rob me! But you say, 'How have we robbed you?' In tithes and offerings.
Young's Literal Translation
Doth man deceive God? but ye are deceiving Me, And ye have said: 'In what have we deceived Thee?' The tithe and the heave-offering!
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Regardless of what you 'believe', we must stick to the scriptures. The tithe IS GOD'S. It's not some potluck dinner! Stay in the Holy Bible. It's God tithe or tenth. Go to a SCRIPTURAL TRUTHFUL CHURCH that is Bible based, like the first new testament church in the book of Acts. If your chruch is not having the same experience's that happened in Acts, you're in the wrong building.

If I can help you more, contact me.

God Bless,

Donzi

donzi

Back to top Go down

Post by Bunky Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:48 am

I was Catholic Donzi, they are quite christian.

"Will a man keep back from God what is right? But you have kept back what is mine. But you say, What have we kept back from you? Tenths and offerings."

So right, but a church is not God. Many do God's work without a church and give more than the 10%.

Read the words of Jesus writen in red in your bible.
Bunky
Bunky

Back to top Go down

Post by 1alaskan Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:33 am

Folks,

No matter what you give, or the amount you give, or who you give it to.

GOD is watching and he knows what is in your heart, so start there, with love from your heart.

Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.
Marilyn Vos Savant

Yesterday would have been better, but today is a good day

Remember as always, JMHO
Rantings from just north of sixty

1alaskan
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Gmansaid Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:26 am

I am sure that post R/V blessings will flow out of most of us who have invested in the dinar and the ten per cent is only a benchmark and a low standard that will be exceded by many. We can all appreciate the fact that giving is paramount and plans should be made accordingly.

Personally I can appreciate this thread and the comments made here. This is a caring bunch and even if we have slight differences in our specific beliefs we can all see the big picture and realize that we are individuals and our Heavenly Father seasoned us all a little differently and will use us as He will, provided that we let Him.

BLESSINGS TO ALL OF YOU AND YOURS.

Gmansaid
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Siaya Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:39 am

I encourage you Bunky to study the Word of God ONLY and you shall find the true path to the Holy City. Jesus was NOT Catholic and that religion did NOT start until 350 years AFTER Jesus ascended to the right hand of the Father. When you read the Bible and BELIEVE it, you will find almost every thing the Catholic church teaches, is CONTRARY to scripture. Lastly, the church IS not a building and NOT a denomination. Jesus said, the CHURCH are his people, those CALLED OUT from the world, away from the flesh and new creations. The Bible says the CHURCH is his body, which are all saved saints by the Word of God. Jesus hated religion, and this is why "Christianity" is not even mentioned in the Holy Scriptures. There are OVER 250 denominations in America alone, yet Jesus said, I am the WAY, not ways, the TRUTH, not truths, the LIFE not life's and the door, NOT doors. Jesus preached the Kingdom of God, and said seek YE FIRST this Kingdom. All denominations, from Catholic to Baptist to Lutheran to Methodist to Presbyterians to Assemblies of God to Episcopalians etc. are ALL traced back to flesh and blood and some human being starting them. They do NOT go back to Calvary's Cross. Jesus said in the last days, MANY will come in my name, saying I am the Christ, MANY will believe in me, but deceive many by the ways they live and ways they believe. Trust Jesus, who was the WORD OF GOD made flesh, be blessed

Jesus IS Lord! Jesus said, Marvel not that I said you MUST be Born Again--Jn.3;3-8
Siaya
Siaya
Elite Member
Elite Member

http://NewCovenantWorldOutreach.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum