Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Carnival Rides
Questions To Ask Private Bankers I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2024 5:03 pm by kenlej

» Go Russia
Questions To Ask Private Bankers I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 11:37 am by kenlej

» Go Russia
Questions To Ask Private Bankers I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 10:51 am by kenlej

» Textbook Tony
Questions To Ask Private Bankers I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 4:13 pm by Mission1st

» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
Questions To Ask Private Bankers I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Questions To Ask Private Bankers I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Questions To Ask Private Bankers I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Questions To Ask Private Bankers I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Questions To Ask Private Bankers I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Questions To Ask Private Bankers I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Questions To Ask Private Bankers I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Questions To Ask Private Bankers I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Questions To Ask Private Bankers I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Questions To Ask Private Bankers I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Questions To Ask Private Bankers I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Questions To Ask Private Bankers I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Questions To Ask Private Bankers I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Questions To Ask Private Bankers I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Questions To Ask Private Bankers I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Questions To Ask Private Bankers I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

Questions To Ask Private Bankers

5 posters

Go down

Questions To Ask Private Bankers Empty Questions To Ask Private Bankers

Post by dinarmama7 Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:59 pm

Here is a list of questions to ask your private banker:

Our readers frequently ask for advice on how to select a new adviser. Many private banking clients are insecure about the method to identify the critical information they need to know before they pick a new private banker. Usually in the first meeting an adviser buries you under company brochures and gives you a nice standard speech. However, our experience shows that this kind of information does not even scratch the surface of what you really need to know. As a first-aid kit we have prepared a list of 12 indispensable questions you should ask your wealth manager or private banker during the first meeting.

Questions on the organization of the bank/private banker:

What is the minimum amount to be invested? (This gives you a good feel whether the bank targets private banking clients that are similar to you)
What is the value of assets under your firm’s management? (The number shows if it is a big institution with international reach or a smaller boutique. Don’t forget to ask if the number has been growing or falling lately, and why)
Since when have you been in the business of private banking? (Gives you a feel about their level of experience)

Questions on the investment philosophy:

Describe your investment philosophy (Should match your philosophy as closely as possible)

What are your weaknesses? (If they can’t name any, then it stinks)

What sets you apart from other wealth managers and private bankers? (Don’t be satisfied with a general answer, insist on specifics)

Are your performance figures verified by an independent third party? (Yes: good, No: bad)

What is the process you follow for making investments? (There should be a clear step-by-step process which involves a written evaluation of your preferences and wishes)

Questions to the private banker directly:

To the adviser, directly: What qualifies you to provide wealth consultancy? (Again, you should insist on specifics like his level of experience or business degrees)

To the private banker, directly: What is the your personal remuneration based on? (Is it based on how much fees he generates from you? Or is it based on the overall performance of his clients’ portfolios. If there is no clear answer assume the former)

Questions on private banking fees:

What are your fees? (Ask specifically about transaction fees, flat fees, ticket fees, government fees...there are many ways by which they plan to part you from your money)

Are there any hidden costs in the portfolio? If yes: How large are they typically? (Like fund fees, kickbacks)

These are the questions that you should definitely ask in the first round to get all the basic facts and a good first impression about the private banker. However, we highly recommend you to dig deeper before you make you final decision.

Last edited by dinarmama7 on Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:35 pm; edited 2 times in total

dinarmama7

Back to top Go down

Questions To Ask Private Bankers Empty Re: Questions To Ask Private Bankers

Post by dinarmama7 Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:02 pm

These same questions can be used for Tax Attorney/CPA. Please look for an attorney who is both.

As we draw closer and more people have joined, this needs to be revisited.

dinarmama7

Back to top Go down

Post by dinarmama7 Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:59 pm

Many new people have joined the IQD world since I posted this. Here is a place to start in interviewing Private Bankers or Tax Attorneys.

Be blessed.

dinarmama7

Back to top Go down

Post by MiddleClassMaiden Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:00 am

dinarmama7 wrote:Here is a list of questions to ask your private banker.

Our readers frequently ask for advice on how to select a new adviser. Many private banking clients are insecure about the method to identify the critical information they need to know before they pick a new private banker. Usually in the first meeting an adviser buries you under company brochures and gives you a nice standard speech. However, our experience shows that this kind of information does not even scratch the surface of what you really need to know. As a first-aid kit we have prepared a list of 12 indispensable questions you should ask your wealth manager or private banker during the first meeting.

Questions on the organization of the bank/private banker

What is the minimum amount to be invested? (This gives you a good feel whether the bank targets private banking clients that are similar to you)
What is the value of assets under your firm’s management? (The number shows if it is a big institution with international reach or a smaller boutique. Don’t forget to ask if the number has been growing or falling lately, and why)
Since when have you been in the business of private banking? (Gives you a feel about their level of experience)

Questions on the investment philosophy

Describe your investment philosophy (Should match your philosophy as closely as possible)

What are your weaknesses? (If they can’t name any, then it stinks)

What sets you apart from other wealth managers and private bankers? (Don’t be satisfied with a general answer, insist on specifics)

Are your performance figures verified by an independent third party? (Yes: good, No: bad)

What is the process you follow for making investments? (There should be a clear step-by-step process which involves a written evaluation of your preferences and wishes)

Questions to the private banker directly

To the adviser, directly: What qualifies you to provide wealth consultancy? (Again, you should insist on specifics like his level of experience or business degrees)

To the private banker, directly: What is the your personal remuneration based on? (Is it based on how much fees he generates from you? Or is it based on the overall performance of his clients’ portfolios. If there is no clear answer assume the former)

Questions on private banking fees

What are your fees? (Ask specifically about transaction fees, flat fees, ticket fees, government fees...there are many ways by which they plan to part you from your money)

Are there any hidden costs in the portfolio? If yes: How large are they typically? (Like fund fees, kickbacks)

These are the questions that you should definitely ask in the first round to get all the basic facts and a good first impression about the private banker. However, we highly recommend you to dig deeper before you make you final decision.

EXCELLENT... very timely advice... THANK YOU!
MiddleClassMaiden :flower: threadsneaker Ilikeyou Ilikeyou Ilikeyou
MiddleClassMaiden
MiddleClassMaiden
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dinarmama7 Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:12 pm

You are very welcome

dinarmama7

Back to top Go down

Post by SEBtopdog Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:30 pm

Good solid info, Dinarmama7. Thank you so much. If a person's never been wealthy, he doesn't know how to think like a rich person. Your post is a great place to begin. :study:

Questions To Ask Private Bankers Emoticon-animal-028

Keep smiling ... It'll make 'em wonder what you're up to!

Questions To Ask Private Bankers Bump~0 Will someone please let the RV Widget out of the jar?
SEBtopdog
SEBtopdog
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by redheadedwitch Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:43 pm

I just want to be able to help my parents live out their retirement years comfortably, I wouldn't mind being well off, but wealthy & yachts, fast cars, multi million dollar homes (yes as in more than one), might be great for some people. I just want to be able to retire my self, and not have to worry about do I have enough money to pay my bills this month, and still be able to afford to eat/have utilities/prescription drugs my family needs, without the worry & aggrevation. Will I splurge, & get a couple of toys? Depends on what it hits at! A new house, (with at least 7 bedrooms, (1 for each family member & a spare); in a different state/county/parish is A DEFINITE!!! Surgeries to fix all the orthopedic problems/dental/vision problems I'm having, DEFINITELY (as much of them as this allows me to afford), a new car yes (Jetta or Sonata w/ manny transmission); Ferrari (heck no)!!!!! Room for my livestock (cats & dogs to run around) yes, built in Olympic depth/size pool DEFINITELY!!!! But, I'm not going to go beserck & be broke within 6 months or 3 years either!!! Yes, I am donating to several charities, and to several friends, as well!!!

redheadedwitch

Back to top Go down

Post by SEBtopdog Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:45 pm

redheadedwitch wrote:I just want to be able to help my parents live out their retirement years comfortably, I wouldn't mind being well off, but wealthy & yachts, fast cars, multi million dollar homes (yes as in more than one), might be great for some people. I just want to be able to retire my self, and not have to worry about do I have enough money to pay my bills this month, and still be able to afford to eat/have utilities/prescription drugs my family needs, without the worry & aggrevation. Will I splurge, & get a couple of toys? Depends on what it hits at! A new house, (with at least 7 bedrooms, (1 for each family member & a spare); in a different state/county/parish is A DEFINITE!!! Surgeries to fix all the orthopedic problems/dental/vision problems I'm having, DEFINITELY (as much of them as this allows me to afford), a new car yes (Jetta or Sonata w/ manny transmission); Ferrari (heck no)!!!!! Room for my livestock (cats & dogs to run around) yes, built in Olympic depth/size pool DEFINITELY!!!! But, I'm not going to go beserck & be broke within 6 months or 3 years either!!! Yes, I am donating to several charities, and to several friends, as well!!!

I like your style, redheadedwitch! ❤

Questions To Ask Private Bankers Bump~0 Will someone please let the RV Widget out of the jar?
SEBtopdog
SEBtopdog
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MiddleClassMaiden Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:51 pm

redheadedwitch wrote:I just want to be able to help my parents live out their retirement years comfortably, I wouldn't mind being well off, but wealthy & yachts, fast cars, multi million dollar homes (yes as in more than one), might be great for some people. I just want to be able to retire my self, and not have to worry about do I have enough money to pay my bills this month, and still be able to afford to eat/have utilities/prescription drugs my family needs, without the worry & aggrevation. Will I splurge, & get a couple of toys? Depends on what it hits at! A new house, (with at least 7 bedrooms, (1 for each family member & a spare); in a different state/county/parish is A DEFINITE!!! Surgeries to fix all the orthopedic problems/dental/vision problems I'm having, DEFINITELY (as much of them as this allows me to afford), a new car yes (Jetta or Sonata w/ manny transmission); Ferrari (heck no)!!!!! Room for my livestock (cats & dogs to run around) yes, built in Olympic depth/size pool DEFINITELY!!!! But, I'm not going to go beserck & be broke within 6 months or 3 years either!!! Yes, I am donating to several charities, and to several friends, as well!!!

THANK YOU for sharing your HEART! The older one gets... the DEEPER one thinks... the more that relationships, family and caring and giving to others makes more sense... I APPRECIATE and ENJOYED your POST! May you be BLESSED and OVERWHELMINGLY prospered... NOTE: That goes for YOU... yes YOU... who are reading this right now! Have a WONDERFUL DAY and the next few very EXCITING days ahead... as you receive God's VERY BEST for HIS honor and glory!

MiddleClassMaiden :flower: threadsneaker Ilikeyou Ilikeyou Ilikeyou
MiddleClassMaiden
MiddleClassMaiden
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by SEBtopdog Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:55 pm

MiddleClassMaiden wrote:

THANK YOU for sharing your HEART! The older one gets... the DEEPER one thinks... the more that relationships, family and caring and giving to others makes more sense... I APPRECIATE and ENJOYED your POST! May you be BLESSED and OVERWHELMINGLY prospered... NOTE: That goes for YOU... yes YOU... who are reading this right now! Have a WONDERFUL DAY and the next few very EXCITING days ahead... as you receive God's VERY BEST for HIS honor and glory!

MiddleClassMaiden :flower: Questions To Ask Private Bankers 174797362 Questions To Ask Private Bankers 1261280965 Questions To Ask Private Bankers 1261280965 Questions To Ask Private Bankers 1261280965

MCM: I always read your posts. I know I will be uplifted and guided in a good direction. Thanks so much. ❤

SEBtopdog
SEBtopdog
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MiddleClassMaiden Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:18 pm

BLESS YOU SEBtopdog... YOU are such an encouragement to so many! ...especially to ME!

MiddleClassMaiden :flower: Ilikeyou Ilikeyou Ilikeyou
MiddleClassMaiden
MiddleClassMaiden
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dinarstar Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:16 pm

SEBtopdog wrote:
MiddleClassMaiden wrote:

Now this is a post that took a great tack...hats off to all of you 🙇
For me,a 1971 Volvo P1800 es sportwagon and a Nissan 1400 pick up...that's more than enough...my family....all I can give them!! hug

MiddleClassMaiden :flower: Questions To Ask Private Bankers 174797362 Questions To Ask Private Bankers 1261280965 Questions To Ask Private Bankers 1261280965 Questions To Ask Private Bankers 1261280965

MCM: I always read your posts. I know I will be uplifted and guided in a good direction. Thanks so much. ❤

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It's the courage to continue that counts."
Winston Churchill
(1874-1965)
hug

dinarstar
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum