Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
ISIS resurgence reportedly gains momentum in Syria and Iraq   4/19/19 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2024 5:58 am by RamblerNash

» CBD Vape Cartridges
ISIS resurgence reportedly gains momentum in Syria and Iraq   4/19/19 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
ISIS resurgence reportedly gains momentum in Syria and Iraq   4/19/19 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
ISIS resurgence reportedly gains momentum in Syria and Iraq   4/19/19 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
ISIS resurgence reportedly gains momentum in Syria and Iraq   4/19/19 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
ISIS resurgence reportedly gains momentum in Syria and Iraq   4/19/19 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
ISIS resurgence reportedly gains momentum in Syria and Iraq   4/19/19 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
ISIS resurgence reportedly gains momentum in Syria and Iraq   4/19/19 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
ISIS resurgence reportedly gains momentum in Syria and Iraq   4/19/19 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
ISIS resurgence reportedly gains momentum in Syria and Iraq   4/19/19 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
ISIS resurgence reportedly gains momentum in Syria and Iraq   4/19/19 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
ISIS resurgence reportedly gains momentum in Syria and Iraq   4/19/19 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
ISIS resurgence reportedly gains momentum in Syria and Iraq   4/19/19 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
ISIS resurgence reportedly gains momentum in Syria and Iraq   4/19/19 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
ISIS resurgence reportedly gains momentum in Syria and Iraq   4/19/19 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
ISIS resurgence reportedly gains momentum in Syria and Iraq   4/19/19 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
ISIS resurgence reportedly gains momentum in Syria and Iraq   4/19/19 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 7:17 am by Dinarhater

» Why Won't the Iraqi Dinar Scam Die?
ISIS resurgence reportedly gains momentum in Syria and Iraq   4/19/19 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:19 pm by RamblerNash

» Frat President Charged With Stealing $267K to Buy Worthless Iraqi Dinars
ISIS resurgence reportedly gains momentum in Syria and Iraq   4/19/19 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:05 pm by RamblerNash

» Fact Check: NO Record 'Quantum Financial System' Exists Beyond Claims In Videos, Online Articles
ISIS resurgence reportedly gains momentum in Syria and Iraq   4/19/19 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 15, 2024 6:15 pm by RamblerNash

ISIS resurgence reportedly gains momentum in Syria and Iraq 4/19/19

Go down

ISIS resurgence reportedly gains momentum in Syria and Iraq   4/19/19 Empty ISIS resurgence reportedly gains momentum in Syria and Iraq 4/19/19

Post by Ssmith Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:46 am

ISIS resurgence reportedly gains momentum in Syria and Iraq

By Bob Fredericks
April 19, 2019 | 4:13pm

ISIS resurgence reportedly gains momentum in Syria and Iraq   4/19/19 190419-isis-resurgence
A member of the Iraqi forces walks past a mural bearing the logo of ISIS in the village of Albu Sayf, on the southern outskirts of Mosul. AFP/Getty Images

Despite losing its caliphate to US-backed forces last month, ISIS’ resurgence continues to gain momentum across Iraq and Syria, a new report said Friday.

“ISIS is expanding its support zones and scaling up its attack campaign in key cities including Ar-Raqqa City, Mosul, and Fallujah as well as rear areas in Northern Syria and Iraqi Kurdistan,” said the report from the Institute for the Study of War, a non-partisan DC-based think tank that analyzes defense issues.

The Syrian Democratic Forces seized the last terrain controlled by ISIS in Syria on March 23 — an area that included a network of caves and tunnels housing tens of thousands of suspected fighters, their families and others, the report said.

The SDF transferred more than 55,000 women and children captured in the operation to the Al-Hawl Internally Displaced Persons Camp in Northern Syria near the Syrian and Iraqi Border, the report said.

“ISIS likely intended to exploit this displacement to infiltrate, destabilize, and recruit from the camps in order to create opportunities for its resurgence,” it said.

“Hardcore female followers have attacked guards and other displaced persons and burned the tents of less committed families since entering the Al-Hawl IDP Camp. ISW has thus mapped the camp as both an attack and support zone.”

ISIS has also ramped up its campaign targeting the rear areas of the SDF in Northern Syria.

In Iraq ISIS is reestablishing “a support zone” near Baghdad to hook up its operations in Anbar Province to Baghdad and Southern Iraq.

“ISIS is working to rebuild its networks in Northern Babil Province. ISIS will likely use this zone to project force into Baghdad and south towards soft targets in the holy cities of Karbala and Najaf,” the report said.

When the last territory controlled by the terrorists was liberated in March, President Trump declared that their territory the US-backed forces had “liberated all ISIS-controlled territory in Syria and Iraq—100 Percent of the caliphate.”

But military brass and national security officials, while hailing the recapture of the occupied territory, warned that the ISIS would regroup and remained a potent worldwide threat.

https://nypost.com/2019/04/19/isis-resurgence-reportedly-gains-momentum-in-syria-and-iraq/

>>>TNTBS's YouTube Channel<<<
Ssmith
Ssmith
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum