Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
Mnangagwa formalises Zimbabwe's new currency I_icon_minitimeToday at 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Mnangagwa formalises Zimbabwe's new currency I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Mnangagwa formalises Zimbabwe's new currency I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Mnangagwa formalises Zimbabwe's new currency I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Mnangagwa formalises Zimbabwe's new currency I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Mnangagwa formalises Zimbabwe's new currency I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Mnangagwa formalises Zimbabwe's new currency I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Mnangagwa formalises Zimbabwe's new currency I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Mnangagwa formalises Zimbabwe's new currency I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Mnangagwa formalises Zimbabwe's new currency I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Mnangagwa formalises Zimbabwe's new currency I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Mnangagwa formalises Zimbabwe's new currency I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Mnangagwa formalises Zimbabwe's new currency I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Mnangagwa formalises Zimbabwe's new currency I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Mnangagwa formalises Zimbabwe's new currency I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Mnangagwa formalises Zimbabwe's new currency I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Mnangagwa formalises Zimbabwe's new currency I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Mnangagwa formalises Zimbabwe's new currency I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Mnangagwa formalises Zimbabwe's new currency I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Mnangagwa formalises Zimbabwe's new currency I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

Mnangagwa formalises Zimbabwe's new currency

Go down

Mnangagwa formalises Zimbabwe's new currency Empty Mnangagwa formalises Zimbabwe's new currency

Post by Ponee Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:43 pm

by newzimbabwe
 24 Feb 2019
Mnangagwa formalises Zimbabwe's new currency 0306-5-2-VP-EMMERSON-MNANGAGWA-ADDRESSES-GUEST-AND-GRADUANDS-30-JAN-2015

PRESIDENT Emmerson Mnangagwa has effectively legalised the back-door re-introduction of the Zimbabwe dollar through gazetting the bond note for use as a stand alone currency.

In a Statutory Instrument published Friday, Mnangagwa passed regulations amending the Exchange Control Regulations of 1996.

The regulations were passed a day after central bank governor John Mangudya announced a new monetary regime that elevated the bond note into becoming part of a basket of currencies to be traded through the local inter-bank system.

"The Exchange Control Regulations 1996 published in Statutory Instrument 109 of 1996 is amended in section 2 (interpretation) by insertion of the following definition of ‘currency': (a) means the coin and paper money of Zimbabwe or of a foreign country that is designated as legal tender and which is customarily used and accepted as a medium of exchange in the country of issue.

"…for the purposes of these regulations bond notes and coins as defined in Section 44 of the Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe Act (Chapter 22:15) (No 5 of 1999)," the Statutory Instrument reads in part.

"…any electronic currency issued in terms of section 44C of the Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe Act (Chapter 22:15) (including in particular the RTGS dollar).

"…any bill of exchange, promissory note, travellers cheque or letter of credit or any draft or other document issued to obtain currency or credit for an amount of money."

Mangudya's new monetary regime also reintroduces the bureau de change system that collapsed almost a decade ago when Zimbabwe's dollar was rendered useless by record hyperinflation in what later forced the country to adopt the United States dollar as its anchor currency.

Mangudya however argues he has not introduced a currency but has created a system that seeks to cut out a thriving parallel market.

https://bulawayo24.com/index-id-news-sc-national-byo-156842.html

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum