Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
Bankers warn of long crisis as rich seek comfort I_icon_minitimeToday at 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Bankers warn of long crisis as rich seek comfort I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Bankers warn of long crisis as rich seek comfort I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Bankers warn of long crisis as rich seek comfort I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Bankers warn of long crisis as rich seek comfort I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Bankers warn of long crisis as rich seek comfort I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Bankers warn of long crisis as rich seek comfort I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Bankers warn of long crisis as rich seek comfort I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Bankers warn of long crisis as rich seek comfort I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Bankers warn of long crisis as rich seek comfort I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Bankers warn of long crisis as rich seek comfort I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Bankers warn of long crisis as rich seek comfort I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Bankers warn of long crisis as rich seek comfort I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Bankers warn of long crisis as rich seek comfort I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Bankers warn of long crisis as rich seek comfort I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Bankers warn of long crisis as rich seek comfort I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Bankers warn of long crisis as rich seek comfort I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Bankers warn of long crisis as rich seek comfort I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Bankers warn of long crisis as rich seek comfort I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Bankers warn of long crisis as rich seek comfort I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

Bankers warn of long crisis as rich seek comfort

Go down

Bankers warn of long crisis as rich seek comfort Empty Bankers warn of long crisis as rich seek comfort

Post by lexie Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:52 am

LONDON | Thu Oct 6, 2011 7:58am EDT

Bankers warn of long crisis as rich seek comfort

Reuters) - Private banks are telling their clients financial volatility surrounding Europe's debt crisis will continue for at least a year as more of the continent's rich seek the comfort of household names or state backing when choosing where to bank.

"We are telling (clients) very honestly nobody knows how this is going to evolve and you have to be extremely careful in terms of your exposure," said Alexandre Zeller, head of private banking for Europe, the Middle East and Africa at HSBC (HSBA.L).

Pierre de Weck, wealth management head at Deutsche Bank (DBKGn.DE), said during the Reuters Global Wealth Management Summit that clients could expect at least another 18 months of volatility.

"If you're short term oriented and you cannot take pain, reduce risk because we are going to have a bumpy road over the next 18 months until this European sovereign crisis is resolved," he said.

The market volatility since the summer and fears over bank solvency have boosted the kind of institution often shunned during boom times, on account of perceptions they are old fashioned or conservative, bankers said at the summit in Geneva this week

"It has been an accelerating factor in the last few weeks, we have observed a flight to safety. Banks with solid balance sheets, with conservative management and approach to the markets, are seeing significant inflows on a global scale," said Zeller,

"If you look at it more locally, state guaranteed institutions are seeing significant inflows . part-nationalized banks or those with an implicit state guarantee," he said.

James Fleming, head of the international business at Coutts, a division of part nationalized British lender Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS.L), tracing its origins back to 1692, said it had attracted clients in the crisis seeking comfort in its history.

"All the major financial booms and busts in last 320 years, we've navigated our clients through. And I think clients see that," he said.

Yves Mirabaud, managing partner at Swiss bank Mirabaud & Cie, said the woes of large banking groups, most recently an alleged rogue trading scandal at Swiss giant UBS (UBSN.VX), was boosting the appeal of Switzerland's family-run partnerships.

"I don't know if the fact it is a family business is a selling point ... (But) when you see how the big banks have behaved the past few years I believe that the model is stronger than ever," he said.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/10/06/us-wealth-summit-safety-idUSTRE7952H320111006

"WHEN THE POWER OF LOVE OVERCOMES THE LOVE OF POWER, THE WORLD WILL KNOW PEACE"
lexie
lexie
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum