Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
Secretary General of the Union of Arab Banks: No effect of the European decision on the banks of the Kingdom I_icon_minitimeToday at 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Secretary General of the Union of Arab Banks: No effect of the European decision on the banks of the Kingdom I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Secretary General of the Union of Arab Banks: No effect of the European decision on the banks of the Kingdom I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Secretary General of the Union of Arab Banks: No effect of the European decision on the banks of the Kingdom I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Secretary General of the Union of Arab Banks: No effect of the European decision on the banks of the Kingdom I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Secretary General of the Union of Arab Banks: No effect of the European decision on the banks of the Kingdom I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Secretary General of the Union of Arab Banks: No effect of the European decision on the banks of the Kingdom I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Secretary General of the Union of Arab Banks: No effect of the European decision on the banks of the Kingdom I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Secretary General of the Union of Arab Banks: No effect of the European decision on the banks of the Kingdom I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Secretary General of the Union of Arab Banks: No effect of the European decision on the banks of the Kingdom I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Secretary General of the Union of Arab Banks: No effect of the European decision on the banks of the Kingdom I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Secretary General of the Union of Arab Banks: No effect of the European decision on the banks of the Kingdom I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Secretary General of the Union of Arab Banks: No effect of the European decision on the banks of the Kingdom I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Secretary General of the Union of Arab Banks: No effect of the European decision on the banks of the Kingdom I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Secretary General of the Union of Arab Banks: No effect of the European decision on the banks of the Kingdom I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Secretary General of the Union of Arab Banks: No effect of the European decision on the banks of the Kingdom I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Secretary General of the Union of Arab Banks: No effect of the European decision on the banks of the Kingdom I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Secretary General of the Union of Arab Banks: No effect of the European decision on the banks of the Kingdom I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Secretary General of the Union of Arab Banks: No effect of the European decision on the banks of the Kingdom I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Secretary General of the Union of Arab Banks: No effect of the European decision on the banks of the Kingdom I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

Secretary General of the Union of Arab Banks: No effect of the European decision on the banks of the Kingdom

Go down

Secretary General of the Union of Arab Banks: No effect of the European decision on the banks of the Kingdom Empty Secretary General of the Union of Arab Banks: No effect of the European decision on the banks of the Kingdom

Post by claud39 Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:55 am

http://www.uabonline.org/en/news/arabicnews/15751604157516051610160615751604159315751605160415/60554/0

Secretary General of the Union of Arab Banks: No effect of the European decision on the banks of the Kingdom

15/02/2019

Secretary General of the Union of Arab Banks: No effect of the European decision on the banks of the Kingdom Rc_155021630025_23

The Secretary-General of the Union of Arab Banks, Wissam Fattouh, condemned the decision of the European Commission to include Saudi Arabia in its money laundering list, asserting that Saudi banks are among the most committed Arab banks to implement the laws and legislations to combat money laundering and terrorism financing. 
He stressed that the sources of illicit funds 'non-existent' in Saudi Arabia, especially after the recent entitlements and anti-corruption campaign launched by Saudi Arabia last, which blocks the way to any attempt to obtain banks illegal funds. 
Fattouh is not concerned about the decision of the European Commission, even if the European Parliament and the Council voted in favor of the black list of money laundering established today as two basic considerations:
First, the announcement by the US Treasury Department that it will not approve the ECLAC regulation is a clear confirmation that correspondent banks have not and will not sever their relations with Saudi banks. 90% of financial transactions are through US correspondent banks rather than European banks. Finance in America will not recognize this list and will not take it into account even if it is ratified by the European Parliament. 
FATF is the international framework for combating money laundering and counterterrorism, which is the only internationally recognized regulation, and therefore the European Commission's decision today is a clear violation of the basic anti-money laundering mandate.
According to Fattouh, the European Commission's list was not thoroughly reviewed before it was issued, and its criteria are based on political background rather than factual facts. "I smell the smell of political dimensions, far from assessments based on field visits, This regulation contradicts the contents of the FATF report last September, praising the fundamental amendments adopted by the Kingdom to the AML / CFT system to make its legal and institutional systems compatible with FATF's latest recommendations. 
The report said that Saudi Arabia "demonstrated the ability and will to combat the financing of terrorism, reflected in the conduct of 1,700 investigations and convictions since 2013, mostly focused on domestic attempts to finance terrorism."
The Secretary of the Union of Arab Banks does not underestimate the importance of the decision issued by the European Commission today, but in his opinion the effect is only marginally, which may initially translate into correspondent banks to become more committed to compliance with all relevant international standards and principles.
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum