Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Emirates Steel eyes Expansion into Iraq I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2024 5:58 am by RamblerNash

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Emirates Steel eyes Expansion into Iraq I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Emirates Steel eyes Expansion into Iraq I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Emirates Steel eyes Expansion into Iraq I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Emirates Steel eyes Expansion into Iraq I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Emirates Steel eyes Expansion into Iraq I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Emirates Steel eyes Expansion into Iraq I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Emirates Steel eyes Expansion into Iraq I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Emirates Steel eyes Expansion into Iraq I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Emirates Steel eyes Expansion into Iraq I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Emirates Steel eyes Expansion into Iraq I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Emirates Steel eyes Expansion into Iraq I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Emirates Steel eyes Expansion into Iraq I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Emirates Steel eyes Expansion into Iraq I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Emirates Steel eyes Expansion into Iraq I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
Emirates Steel eyes Expansion into Iraq I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
Emirates Steel eyes Expansion into Iraq I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 7:17 am by Dinarhater

» Why Won't the Iraqi Dinar Scam Die?
Emirates Steel eyes Expansion into Iraq I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:19 pm by RamblerNash

» Frat President Charged With Stealing $267K to Buy Worthless Iraqi Dinars
Emirates Steel eyes Expansion into Iraq I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:05 pm by RamblerNash

» Fact Check: NO Record 'Quantum Financial System' Exists Beyond Claims In Videos, Online Articles
Emirates Steel eyes Expansion into Iraq I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 15, 2024 6:15 pm by RamblerNash

Emirates Steel eyes Expansion into Iraq

Go down

Emirates Steel eyes Expansion into Iraq Empty Emirates Steel eyes Expansion into Iraq

Post by claud39 Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:11 am

http://www.iraq-businessnews.com/2018/12/12/emirates-steel-eyes-expansion-into-iraq/

Emirates Steel eyes Expansion into Iraq

Emirates Steel eyes Expansion into Iraq Emirates-Steel-623x346

12th December 2018 in Construction & Engineering In IraqIraq Industry & Trade News

By John Lee.
Abu Dhabi-based Emirates Steel is reportedly considering expansion into Iraq.
Chief Executive Saeed Al Remeithi told The National:
We’re always looking at new markets, one of which we are targeting now is Iraq …
“Iraq is a big growth market for us, and from the logistics point of view it is very big. We have seen right now Iraq is more stabilised than in the past few years and we have already started on the market.
The company, which is part of Senaat, is currently in the middle of a refinancing programme.
More here.
(Source: The National)
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Emirates Steel eyes Expansion into Iraq Empty Emirates Steel sees expansion into Iraq amid tense metals market

Post by claud39 Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:16 am

https://www.thenational.ae/business/economy/emirates-steel-sees-expansion-into-iraq-amid-tense-metals-market-1.801659

[size=44]Emirates Steel sees expansion into Iraq amid tense metals market[/size]

The Abu Dhabi-based producer is currently in the middle of a refinancing programme

December 11, 2018

Emirates Steel eyes Expansion into Iraq Bz13-Emirates-Steel
There had been no direct impact on UAE steel due to US tariffs, but the global market is facing headwinds, said Mr Al Remeithi. Leslie Pableo for The National

Emirates Steel, one of the UAE’s largest non-oil companies, is eyeing expansion into Iraq following rebuilding efforts as it looks to diversify into newer economies amid a cooling global market for the metal.
"We’re always looking at new markets, one of which we are targeting now is Iraq. [Also], Syria, Yemen, for rebar, wire rod and sections," said Emirates Steel chief executive Saeed Al Remeithi. "Iraq is a big growth market for us, and from the logistics point of view it is very big. We have seen right now Iraq is more stabilised than in the past few years and we have already started on the market.”
Emirates Steel, which is a unit of Abu Dhabi industrial holding company Senaat, is currently in the middle of a refinancing programme. The entity’s parent on Sunday listed a $300 million sukuk, part of a $3 billion programme to refinance some of its debt.
Mr Al Remeithi declined to comment on the company’s refinancing programme, noting that an announcement was due very soon on its plans to raise more debt.
He also said there was “nothing concrete yet” on the UAE’s plans to procure waivers against the imposition of a 25 per cent tariff on steel by the US administration. President Donald Trump also added a 10 per cent levy on imported iron as he sought to crush what he saw as “dumping of steel” from manufacturers in China. Imposition of tariffs against metals, including $267 billion (Dh980.7bn) worth of Chinese goods and doubling of levies on Turkey's steel and aluminium exports, has led to a global slump in the base metals market.
“The [impact] is global and I don’t think we’re immune from it, but we have 40 markets where we sell our products, and we have already obtained certifications for those markets and we’re operating there and we have an advantage over so many steel producers in the region,” said Mr Al Remeithi.
He dismissed concerns of a direct impact on sales, noting that the US, which accounts for 5 per cent of Emirates Steel’s exports, has not suffered from any shrinking of market share.

claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum