Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
Earthquake halts Iran gas exports to Iraq I_icon_minitimeToday at 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Earthquake halts Iran gas exports to Iraq I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Earthquake halts Iran gas exports to Iraq I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Earthquake halts Iran gas exports to Iraq I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Earthquake halts Iran gas exports to Iraq I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Earthquake halts Iran gas exports to Iraq I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Earthquake halts Iran gas exports to Iraq I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Earthquake halts Iran gas exports to Iraq I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Earthquake halts Iran gas exports to Iraq I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Earthquake halts Iran gas exports to Iraq I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Earthquake halts Iran gas exports to Iraq I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Earthquake halts Iran gas exports to Iraq I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Earthquake halts Iran gas exports to Iraq I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Earthquake halts Iran gas exports to Iraq I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Earthquake halts Iran gas exports to Iraq I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Earthquake halts Iran gas exports to Iraq I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Earthquake halts Iran gas exports to Iraq I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Earthquake halts Iran gas exports to Iraq I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Earthquake halts Iran gas exports to Iraq I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Earthquake halts Iran gas exports to Iraq I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

Earthquake halts Iran gas exports to Iraq

Go down

Earthquake halts Iran gas exports to Iraq Empty Earthquake halts Iran gas exports to Iraq

Post by GirlBye Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:41 am

Earthquake halts Iran gas exports to Iraq NahrGasAFP

Employees at the Nahr Bin Omar natural gas facility, part of Basra Gas Company, near the southern port of Basra. (Photo: AFP)

Iran halted late Tuesday their gas exports to Iraq as they work on repairing a pipeline damaged in the 6.3-magnitude earthquake that struck border areas between the two Middle Eastern neighbors on Sunday.

Iraq’s Ministry of Electricity (MoE) said in a statement that the supply cut would reduce power outputs by 2.5 gigawatts.

Iranian authorities had told the MoE that exports would resume “during the next few days” after the conclusion of maintenance work on the pipeline from their side, Reuters reported. Iraq is heavily dependent on Iranian gas to fuel its power plants.

On Sunday, a quake hit many areas of Iraq, Iran, and the Kurdistan Region, with a region near the city of Sapol-e Zahab in Kermanshah (Kermashan) Province at the center.
The incident hospitalized over 600 civilians, most of them from Kermashan.

The quake had also caused extensive infrastructural damage, among them the gas pipeline that supplies power stations in the provinces of Baghdad and Diyala, the MoE said.

They added that the Ministry of Oil would continue to send gas to the power plants, but the two provinces might still have shortages.

Iran, under new rounds of US sanctions on its oil and gas industry, is allowed exports to Iraq for a limited period of 45 days from early November.

However, Baghdad has said the deadline was not enough for it to find other suppliers, and is working to receive an extension from Washington.

http://www.kurdistan24.net/en/news/1d155377-a15b-4436-9689-9f5d9c72533f
GirlBye
GirlBye
VIP NewsHound
VIP NewsHound

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum