Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Textbook Tony
Travel Risk Map 2019: Iran as Safe as UK, Canada I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 4:13 pm by Mission1st

» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
Travel Risk Map 2019: Iran as Safe as UK, Canada I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Travel Risk Map 2019: Iran as Safe as UK, Canada I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Travel Risk Map 2019: Iran as Safe as UK, Canada I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Travel Risk Map 2019: Iran as Safe as UK, Canada I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Travel Risk Map 2019: Iran as Safe as UK, Canada I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Travel Risk Map 2019: Iran as Safe as UK, Canada I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Travel Risk Map 2019: Iran as Safe as UK, Canada I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Travel Risk Map 2019: Iran as Safe as UK, Canada I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Travel Risk Map 2019: Iran as Safe as UK, Canada I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Travel Risk Map 2019: Iran as Safe as UK, Canada I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Travel Risk Map 2019: Iran as Safe as UK, Canada I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Travel Risk Map 2019: Iran as Safe as UK, Canada I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Travel Risk Map 2019: Iran as Safe as UK, Canada I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Travel Risk Map 2019: Iran as Safe as UK, Canada I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Travel Risk Map 2019: Iran as Safe as UK, Canada I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Travel Risk Map 2019: Iran as Safe as UK, Canada I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Travel Risk Map 2019: Iran as Safe as UK, Canada I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Travel Risk Map 2019: Iran as Safe as UK, Canada I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Travel Risk Map 2019: Iran as Safe as UK, Canada I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

Travel Risk Map 2019: Iran as Safe as UK, Canada

Go down

Travel Risk Map 2019: Iran as Safe as UK, Canada Empty Travel Risk Map 2019: Iran as Safe as UK, Canada

Post by GirlBye Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:15 pm

A majority of European countries are deemed low risk, including the UK, as are Iran, Jordan, Oman, Qatar, the UAE, Kuwait, Georgia, Azerbaijan, Armenia and Uzbekistan

Travel Risk Map 2019: Iran as Safe as UK, Canada N3334626-5444713

Iran has been deemed as safe as a majority of European countries when it comes to travel security, according to the 2019 Travel Risk Map, launched by global risk experts International SOS in collaboration with Control Risks.

The map shows the risk level in each country and territory based on the current threat posed to travelers by political violence (including terrorism, insurgency, politically motivated unrest and war), social unrest (including sectarian, communal and ethnic violence) and violent and petty crime. 

Factors such as the robustness of the transport infrastructure, the state of industrial relations, the effectiveness of the security and emergency services and the country’s susceptibility to natural disasters are also taken into consideration, the Independent reported.

A low travel security risk means violent crime rates are low; racial, sectarian or political violence or civil unrest is uncommon; security and emergency services are effective; infrastructure is sound; and industrial action and transport disruption are infrequent

The map lists five categories of risk: insignificant, low, medium, high and extreme. 
Very few countries manage to make it into the “insignificant” bracket. In Europe, only Luxembourg, Denmark, Slovenia, Switzerland, Norway, Finland, Iceland and Greenland have been placed in this category.

A majority of European countries are deemed low risk, including the UK, as are Iran, Jordan, Oman, Qatar, the UAE, Kuwait, Georgia, Azerbaijan, Armenia and Uzbekistan. Canada, the US, Australia and New Zealand are all low risk, too.

According to International SOS, a low travel security risk means violent crime rates are low and racial, sectarian or political violence or civil unrest is uncommon. 

“Security and emergency services are effective and infrastructure is sound. Industrial action and transport disruption are infrequent,” the company said in a blurb on its website in reference to "low risk" countries. 

“Extreme” risk countries are almost exclusively in Africa and the Middle East, including Syria, Yemen, Afghanistan, Libya, South Sudan and Somalia.

Neighboring Iraq and Afghanistan are among more than 15 countries that have been labeled "extreme" in terms of security risk to travelers. 

51% Rise in Inbound Tourism

The number of foreign tourists travelling to Iran jumped by 51% during the first six months of the current fiscal year (March 21-Sept. 22) despite the fact that returning US sanctions have posed a serious threat to the emerging sector, Ali Asghar Mounesan, the head of Iran's Cultural Heritage, Handicrafts and Tourism Organization, said last month.

The official described the growth as "unprecedented in the past few decades".
ICHHTO figures disclosed on its official website show that a total of 5,113,524 foreign tourists travelled to Iran during the previous Iranian year that ended on March 20, 2018. That figure indicated a year-on-year increase of only 4.33% or 212,440 visitors.

More notably, the first half of last year had actually seen the number of inbound tourists to Iran fall slightly, as 2,619,310 foreign tourists travelled to the country in that period, down from 2,701,859 the year before.

Mounesan predicted that the notable growth in the flow of foreign tourists to Iran will continue through the end of the current Iranian year in March 2019.

UNWTO to Help Give Iran's Tourism Boost

The 40th Plenary Session of the United Nations World Tourism Organization affiliate members was held in Hamedan, Iran, putting the country's budding tourism sector on the map.
The plenary, running from Nov. 12 to 14, brought hundreds of foreign representatives and the message that the UNWTO supports the tourism sector of a country that was hit with the harshest-ever US sanctions only days before. 

At a press conference on the sidelines of the inauguration of the international meeting, the global tourism industry's biggest annual event, UNWTO Secretary-General Zurab Pololikashvili said the organization is ready to assist Iran as a longstanding member.

"We have travelled to Iran to promote Iran as a safe and calm tourism destination and through helping develop tourism in Iran, strengthen it in face of its problems," he said.
"Our presence in Iran means that we invite the people of the world to travel to this country and visit its many tourist attractions to add to the number of tourists visiting the country."

In addition to US sanctions, the Trump administration has imposed travel restrictions that target and hurt Iranians among other nationals. Based on the policies, that became known as the "Muslim Ban" due to the fact that they primarily target Muslim nations, any nationals that have recently travelled to Iran, in addition to several other countries, will find their travels to the US restricted. 

To counter the Trump move, Iran launched an initiative that has been fully implemented in recent months. It eliminates the need for passports of foreign nationals travelling to Iran to be stamped, which removes any threat of future complications in the US.

During his press conference, he also pointed out that Hamedan has been chosen as the tourism capital of Asian countries in 2018 for boasting vast potentials to attract visitors. 

In recent months, Iranian authorities have redoubled efforts to boost the tourism sector for increasing foreign currency revenues and creating jobs under the current difficult economic conditions. 

A sharp declining national currency has meant that travelling to and shopping in Iran are now significantly cheaper for foreigners.

The World Travel and Tourism Council ranked Iran 20th from among 185 countries in its 2017 power ranking, which evaluates countries in terms of absolute size growth measured in US dollars in the field of travel and tourism.

https://financialtribune.com/articles/travel/95276/travel-risk-map-2019-iran-as-safe-as-uk-canada
GirlBye
GirlBye
VIP NewsHound
VIP NewsHound

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum