Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Go Russia
Iran: Police Arrest Dozens in Dollar Crackdown I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 11:37 am by kenlej

» Go Russia
Iran: Police Arrest Dozens in Dollar Crackdown I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 10:51 am by kenlej

» Textbook Tony
Iran: Police Arrest Dozens in Dollar Crackdown I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 4:13 pm by Mission1st

» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
Iran: Police Arrest Dozens in Dollar Crackdown I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Iran: Police Arrest Dozens in Dollar Crackdown I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Iran: Police Arrest Dozens in Dollar Crackdown I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Iran: Police Arrest Dozens in Dollar Crackdown I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Iran: Police Arrest Dozens in Dollar Crackdown I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Iran: Police Arrest Dozens in Dollar Crackdown I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Iran: Police Arrest Dozens in Dollar Crackdown I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Iran: Police Arrest Dozens in Dollar Crackdown I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Iran: Police Arrest Dozens in Dollar Crackdown I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Iran: Police Arrest Dozens in Dollar Crackdown I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Iran: Police Arrest Dozens in Dollar Crackdown I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Iran: Police Arrest Dozens in Dollar Crackdown I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Iran: Police Arrest Dozens in Dollar Crackdown I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Iran: Police Arrest Dozens in Dollar Crackdown I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Iran: Police Arrest Dozens in Dollar Crackdown I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Iran: Police Arrest Dozens in Dollar Crackdown I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Iran: Police Arrest Dozens in Dollar Crackdown I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

Iran: Police Arrest Dozens in Dollar Crackdown

Go down

Iran: Police Arrest Dozens in Dollar Crackdown Empty Iran: Police Arrest Dozens in Dollar Crackdown

Post by GirlBye Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:29 pm

Iran: Police Arrest Dozens in Dollar Crackdown Dozens_of_dollar_traders_have_been_arrested_in_the_iranian_capital_tehran._reuters

Dozens of “dollar traders" have been arrested in the Iranian capital, Tehran, announced Tehran Police Chief Brig. Gen. Hossein Rahimi, amid fears of a deepening Iranian currency crisis, a week after the US renewed its sanctions on Iranian oil. 

"Over the past few days, 130 dollar brokers have been arrested and taken to jail," he announced.

The Tasnim news agency quoted Rahimi as saying that selling US dollars in the streets or the market is a crime and the police will fight it. This is the second major wave of arrests by police against dollar dealers after dozens were arrested between July and August.

In August, the dollar crisis led to the ouster of the governor of the Central Bank of Iran (CBE), Aliullah Saif, and arrest of the bank’s forex department official Ahmed Araghchi, as well as five senior staff of the Central Bank. 

The Iranian rial has lost about 70 percent of its value since April because of a weak economy and strong demand for the dollar from Iranians who fear the impact of US sanctions.

Last month, Iranian President Hasan Rouhani admitted the country was facing an economic and psychological war. 

In June, Tehran's markets saw rare protests after the devaluation of the currency, where people chanted against hiked prices. Protesters cordoned off the parliament building, but security forces used tear gas to disperse them.

Last week, the US unleashed its "toughest ever" sanctions against Iran targeting oil exports, shipping and banks, all core parts of the economy.

Judiciary spokesman Gholamhossein Mohseni Ejei announced that Iranian special courts set up in a drive against economic crime have sentenced two people to death, reported Reuters.

The fast-track revolutionary courts were set up in August after Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei called for “swift and just” legal action to confront an “economic war” by foreign enemies.

Judiciary’s news website Mizan reported Ejei announcing the courts had handed down death sentences against two defendants after convicting them of “spreading corruption on earth.”

In September, the courts handed down three death sentences on similar charges. Ejei said on Sunday that 11 more defendants had received jail terms of up to 10 years for “economic corruption”, and a judge was sentenced to 10 years in prison and 75 lashes for taking bribes.

Ejei said 96 people had been arrested for charges linked to illegal trading in hard currencies or gold, Mizan report.

https://aawsat.com/english/home/article/1462326/iran-police-arrest-dozens-dollar-crackdown
GirlBye
GirlBye
VIP NewsHound
VIP NewsHound

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum