Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
Return of Kuwaiti property by Iraq, signals hope of ‘full normalization’ between nations: UN Chief I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Return of Kuwaiti property by Iraq, signals hope of ‘full normalization’ between nations: UN Chief I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Return of Kuwaiti property by Iraq, signals hope of ‘full normalization’ between nations: UN Chief I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Return of Kuwaiti property by Iraq, signals hope of ‘full normalization’ between nations: UN Chief I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Return of Kuwaiti property by Iraq, signals hope of ‘full normalization’ between nations: UN Chief I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Return of Kuwaiti property by Iraq, signals hope of ‘full normalization’ between nations: UN Chief I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Return of Kuwaiti property by Iraq, signals hope of ‘full normalization’ between nations: UN Chief I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Return of Kuwaiti property by Iraq, signals hope of ‘full normalization’ between nations: UN Chief I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Return of Kuwaiti property by Iraq, signals hope of ‘full normalization’ between nations: UN Chief I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Return of Kuwaiti property by Iraq, signals hope of ‘full normalization’ between nations: UN Chief I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Return of Kuwaiti property by Iraq, signals hope of ‘full normalization’ between nations: UN Chief I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Return of Kuwaiti property by Iraq, signals hope of ‘full normalization’ between nations: UN Chief I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Return of Kuwaiti property by Iraq, signals hope of ‘full normalization’ between nations: UN Chief I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Return of Kuwaiti property by Iraq, signals hope of ‘full normalization’ between nations: UN Chief I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Return of Kuwaiti property by Iraq, signals hope of ‘full normalization’ between nations: UN Chief I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Return of Kuwaiti property by Iraq, signals hope of ‘full normalization’ between nations: UN Chief I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Return of Kuwaiti property by Iraq, signals hope of ‘full normalization’ between nations: UN Chief I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Return of Kuwaiti property by Iraq, signals hope of ‘full normalization’ between nations: UN Chief I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Return of Kuwaiti property by Iraq, signals hope of ‘full normalization’ between nations: UN Chief I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Return of Kuwaiti property by Iraq, signals hope of ‘full normalization’ between nations: UN Chief I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

Return of Kuwaiti property by Iraq, signals hope of ‘full normalization’ between nations: UN Chief

Go down

Return of Kuwaiti property by Iraq, signals hope of ‘full normalization’ between nations: UN Chief Empty Return of Kuwaiti property by Iraq, signals hope of ‘full normalization’ between nations: UN Chief

Post by GirlBye Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:36 pm

Return of Kuwaiti property by Iraq, signals hope of ‘full normalization’ between nations: UN Chief Image1170x530cropped
UN Photo/H Arvidsson
United Nations Special Commission Undertakes Inspections Aimed at Eliminating Iraq's Weapons of Mass Destruction. Archival photo, 1995.

The Iraqi government’s latest moves toward constructive engagement with Kuwait mark a step towards “the full normalization” of relations between the two countries following decades of strained relations, UN Secretary-General António Guterres said on Wednesday.

“The Secretary-General commends the efforts of the Governments of Iraq and Kuwait towards resolving outstanding issues between them and calls for their continued constructive engagement,” said a statement issued by his office.
On 28 October, the Iraqi government chaired the first formal meeting of committees charged with the coordination and guidance of new national priorities, the UN Special Representative for Iraq, Jan Kubis told the Security Council on Tuesday.

Such priorities include Iraq’s pledges for reconstruction funds to rebuild its economy and infrastructure, following last year’s victory over ISIL or Dae’sh militants, which were made in Kuwait, as a major conference on reconstructing Iraq, last February.

“This signals a Government’s determined shift toward development and investment,” Mr. Kubis said.
Iraq is still indebted to Kuwait following the 1991 Gulf War, when former Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein’s forces invaded and annexed the small nation, seizing oil reserves and other property, prompting an international coalition to launch an offensive to liberate Kuwait.

This year, following many months of preparation, Iraqi Foreign Ministry representatives returned “numerous property items taken during the invasion,” to Kuwait on 11 and 13 November, Mr. Kubis said, marking a “clear indication” of the Iraqi government’s commitment to resolving outstanding issues.

The repatriation of property being handed over more than 25 years on, includes 2,300 books, an archive of Kuwait Television video tapes, a sword, and a valuable painting.

“The Secretary-General reiterates that the United Nations will remain fully committed to the resolution of all outstanding issues between Iraq and Kuwait,” said Wednesday’s statement.

https://news.un.org/en/story/2018/11/1025821
GirlBye
GirlBye
VIP NewsHound
VIP NewsHound

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum