Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Health Care in Danger campaign: Stop violence against medical personnel and facilities in Iraq I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2024 5:58 am by RamblerNash

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Health Care in Danger campaign: Stop violence against medical personnel and facilities in Iraq I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Health Care in Danger campaign: Stop violence against medical personnel and facilities in Iraq I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Health Care in Danger campaign: Stop violence against medical personnel and facilities in Iraq I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Health Care in Danger campaign: Stop violence against medical personnel and facilities in Iraq I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Health Care in Danger campaign: Stop violence against medical personnel and facilities in Iraq I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Health Care in Danger campaign: Stop violence against medical personnel and facilities in Iraq I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Health Care in Danger campaign: Stop violence against medical personnel and facilities in Iraq I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Health Care in Danger campaign: Stop violence against medical personnel and facilities in Iraq I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Health Care in Danger campaign: Stop violence against medical personnel and facilities in Iraq I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Health Care in Danger campaign: Stop violence against medical personnel and facilities in Iraq I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Health Care in Danger campaign: Stop violence against medical personnel and facilities in Iraq I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Health Care in Danger campaign: Stop violence against medical personnel and facilities in Iraq I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Health Care in Danger campaign: Stop violence against medical personnel and facilities in Iraq I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Health Care in Danger campaign: Stop violence against medical personnel and facilities in Iraq I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
Health Care in Danger campaign: Stop violence against medical personnel and facilities in Iraq I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
Health Care in Danger campaign: Stop violence against medical personnel and facilities in Iraq I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 7:17 am by Dinarhater

» Why Won't the Iraqi Dinar Scam Die?
Health Care in Danger campaign: Stop violence against medical personnel and facilities in Iraq I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:19 pm by RamblerNash

» Frat President Charged With Stealing $267K to Buy Worthless Iraqi Dinars
Health Care in Danger campaign: Stop violence against medical personnel and facilities in Iraq I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:05 pm by RamblerNash

» Fact Check: NO Record 'Quantum Financial System' Exists Beyond Claims In Videos, Online Articles
Health Care in Danger campaign: Stop violence against medical personnel and facilities in Iraq I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 15, 2024 6:15 pm by RamblerNash

Health Care in Danger campaign: Stop violence against medical personnel and facilities in Iraq

Go down

Health Care in Danger campaign: Stop violence against medical personnel and facilities in Iraq Empty Health Care in Danger campaign: Stop violence against medical personnel and facilities in Iraq

Post by GirlBye Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:21 pm

Organized jointly by the Iraqi Ministry of Health and Environment and the International Committee of the Red Cross

Baghdad (ICRC) – A nationwide public awareness campaign entitled Health Care in Danger has been launched on 12 November during a ceremony at the Ministry of Health in Baghdad, and will last for 10 days until 21 November. The campaign draws attention to the issue of violence against medical personnel and facilities in Iraq and its negative impact on the delivery of health care. Its objective is to raise awareness on the right of medical personnel to be protected and perform their life-saving work in a safe environment.

It is organized jointly by the Iraqi Ministry of Health and the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) with the support of a wide range of partners including the Iraqi Red Crescent Society, as part of the wider ICRC global Health Care in Danger (HCiD) initiative aimed at addressing the issue of violence against patients, health workers, health facilities and vehicles, and ensuring safe access to, and impartial delivery of health care during armed conflict and other emergencies.

Statistics tell us that the medical profession is the most exposed to violence among all professions, and that local staff are most at risk. In Iraq, threats affecting health workers and services go beyond violence directly linked to armed conflict. Other types of violence are prevalent, such as reprisals against health professionals in the form of verbal or physical abuse, threats, kidnapping or even killing. Afraid for their safety, many of them have left the country. 

According to a survey conducted by the Health and Environment Volunteer Team, in Baghdad 70% of health personnel have expressed the wish to emigrate for this reason, while 98% responded that the number of health professionals leaving the country would decrease if a secure working environment could be guaranteed.

“Because health care professionals by the very nature of their job deal with situations of life and death, situations where emotions run high, they are very frequently exposed to adverse reaction by patients, their families, the communities and other people that accompany them to the health facilities, including weapon bearers”, said Katharina Ritz, head of delegation of the ICRC in Iraq.

“At the end of the day, the first victims are the sick and wounded as such attacks reduce the chances of delivery of life-saving health care for millions of Iraqis.” The campaign seeks to sensitize Iraqi society to such an issue and bring about behavioural change among the public and policy-makers. It relies on a wide range of tools, such as TV spots, an interactive social media campaign, information sessions and bulk SMS messages.

https://reliefweb.int/report/iraq/health-care-danger-campaign-stop-violence-against-medical-personnel-and-facilities-iraq
GirlBye
GirlBye
VIP NewsHound
VIP NewsHound

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum