Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
Mountain Goat  9/10/18 I_icon_minitimeToday at 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Mountain Goat  9/10/18 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Mountain Goat  9/10/18 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Mountain Goat  9/10/18 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Mountain Goat  9/10/18 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Mountain Goat  9/10/18 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Mountain Goat  9/10/18 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Mountain Goat  9/10/18 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Mountain Goat  9/10/18 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Mountain Goat  9/10/18 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Mountain Goat  9/10/18 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Mountain Goat  9/10/18 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Mountain Goat  9/10/18 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Mountain Goat  9/10/18 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Mountain Goat  9/10/18 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Mountain Goat  9/10/18 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Mountain Goat  9/10/18 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Mountain Goat  9/10/18 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Mountain Goat  9/10/18 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Mountain Goat  9/10/18 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

Mountain Goat 9/10/18

Go down

Mountain Goat  9/10/18 Empty Mountain Goat 9/10/18

Post by Mountain Goatee Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:35 am

September 10, 2018 Mnt Goat News Brief

Hi Everyone,

I bring you much news today.

September is upon us and moving quickly. September 15th is just around the corner and we know this is a target date to get this largest bloc issue settled so they can move ahead again in forming the government. So today we explore the latest developments in this direction.

More news….

Iraq is experiencing a political struggle to form the largest bloc between an alliance led by "Nuri al-Maliki - Hadi al-Ameri" and the name of the news and supported by Iran in the face of the coalition, "reconstruction and reform," led by Moqtada al-Sadr - Haider Abadi

The leader of the coalition of victory and Iraqi Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi, supported by the United States of America, so in light of the resolve of the Shiite and Sunni forces, their position of the largest bloc has become the decision of the Kurds in ending the controversy of the largest bloc and the weight of Iran or America to the post of prime minister of Iraq.

BAGHDAD / Ninewa tribes spokesman Muzahim al-Hweet confirmed on Sunday that Sunni tribes refuse to give current prime minister Haider al-Abadi a second term, while revealing conspiracies led by Abbadi in order to stay in the chair.

"Al-Abadi failed to provide services to citizens throughout his rule, and political forces must stand against the second mandate of the slaves and prevent him from remaining in office. He failed to run the country for the duration of his rule," al-Hewitt told Al-Iraq News. He added that "the Sunni tribes met with the American side and told them their refusal to give Abadi a second term", adding that "the Sunni tribes met with the American side and told them to refuse to give Abadi a second term"

So let’s not jump and say that Abadi is a sure “shoe in” for a second term and that will be the final outcome. Yes, all you guru idiots out there. Wake up and read the news from Iraq and stop assuming.

More news….

COURT RULES ON CASE OF USING INDIVIDUAL MEMBERS AS COMBINED WITH VOTES OF COALITION

The Iraqi Federal court referred to its past ruling to Article (49 / VI), which stipulates that" the membership of the House of Representatives shall not be combined with any work or other official position "AND ACCORDINGLY DECIDED TO DISMISS THE CASE BECAUSE IT IS NOT BASED ON A CHARTER OF THE CONSTITUTION.

(Mnt Goat -So we now know that Nori al-Maliki’s stunt to try to buy individual seats in parliament, to increase his coalitions majority bloc, did NOT work. They must go by the previous ruling from the last elections on this. By the way Nori al-Maliki used this same ruling in his favor to gain power. So you can’t interpret the law your way just when its convenient. Basicaly his stunt back fired on him but it did cause delays in forming the government, which he wanted. The longer they stall the more agitated the people are getting and more likely to side again with the Iranians [like they did not learn their lesson from 2009-2014 already?] . Of course Abadi gets blaimed for the corruption in Basra. So what happened next after this was cleared up? The following article came out in the news about the the completion of understandings and rapprochement with the two Kurdish parties, pointing out that the next few hours will see the announcement of the accession of the two Kurdish parties to our alliance. See full article next)

More news….

BAGHDAD / The deputy of the wisdom movement, Ali al-Badiri, on Monday, close to the completion of understandings and rapprochement with the two Kurdish parties, pointing out that the next few hours will see the announcement of the accession of the two Kurdish parties to our alliance.

“The alliance of the core of the largest bloc agreed with the two Kurdish parties, both the Kurdistan Democratic Party and the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan, this has nearly reached completion and convergence and understanding with them is more mature than before.”

He said, “In the next few hours we will announce the accession of the two Kurdish parties both the Kurdistan Democratic Party and the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan to the alliance nucleus of the largest bloc, and we try to be a complete bloc in the parliament session on Saturday Sept 15th.”

It is noteworthy that the alliance of the nucleus, which includes others led by Moqtada al-Sadr and the wisdom led by Ammar al-Hakim and the national leadership of Allawi and the coalition of the decision led by Osama Najafi had announced on Sunday that there are understandings up to the announcement of the alliance with the Fatah alliance led by Hadi al-Ameri, head of the Badr Organization.

More news….

CENTRAL BANK OF IRAQ INTENDS NEXT MONTH, TO PUT LARGE AMOUNTS OF LOCAL CURRENCY, SMALL GROUPS

Central Bank of Iraq

10/9/2018

Confirmed the banks continuation by replacing the damaged amounts

Baghdad / Sabah

The Central Bank of Iraq INTENDS NEXT MONTH, TO PUT LARGE AMOUNTS OF LOCAL CURRENCY, SMALL GROUPS, while continuing to receive the currency damaged by citizens and replace it

New.

The Governor of the Bank, Dr. Ali Alalak in a meeting with the “morning”, will be published later: “The Central Bank of Iraq, the development of a plan to compensate the market small categories of local currency, as will be next month large quantities and huge ones,” noting that ” Will meet the need of the local market for those categories of currency. ”

He added that “the bank continues to receive local currencies damaged by citizens and replace them with new currencies,” revealing at the same time, “the existence of a specialized committee to examine the damaged papers to ensure the integrity of fraud.

(Mnt Goat – So what does this article mean to us? Is this the “project to delete the zeros? Well kind of…. It is the very first stages of it but this is not new news. These are just replacements notes of the ones already issued. Get it?

It is NOT what we would expect as the next move since these notes are the smaller categories they keep talking about such as the 250, and 500 dinar notes. What we want are the real lower category notes such as the 100, 50 and 25 and coins.

So this article is about a past step in the right direction but let’s not get all hyped up and go off half cocked and say the RV is coming now. This is just replacement of these notes. We know that these lower category notes are to be slowly launched, as needed. How long will it take? We don’t know and I don’t think Iraq even knows. Yes, it a good sign they are NOT going backwards and issuing more 25k, 10k and 5k notes. That is all I would take from this article.

Now having said all this can the CBI slip in a couple of the newer lower category notes NOT yet launched and thus come out with a new rate much higher than it is today? Yes, yes, yes and this is VERY possible too. But it does not say this directly and list them out so we don’t know for sure. Let’s just wait it out and see. This might get interesting….)

Also in today’s Newsletter an article reporting on the progress of the “project to delete the zeros”. Interesting article. See it in the articles section. Coincidental this report would come out now?

More news….

Economy News Baghdad

The second phase of US sanctions will begin on November 4. The first phase of the sanctions included an American warning to international companies investing in local industries.

The second and most important economic stage of Iran and the international economy is aimed at the importing companies, the Iranian oil or the investor in the development of the oil industry.

Full article in today’s Newsletter.

Formal Articles are below. Due to FACEBOOK limitations they do not print my RED colored fonts or italics, so my comments are in brackets ( ) throughout the articles. I will preface my comments with “Mnt Goat” so you know I am jumping in with observations. Also, I separated the articles with asterisks.

Articles Begin

PROTESTERS STORMED THE IRANIAN CONSULATE IN BASRA

BASRA/ERBIL, Iraq (Reuters) - Civil unrest fueled by anger against perceived corruption and misrule by Iraq’s political elite spread across the south of the country on Friday as protesters stormed the Iranian consulate in Basra while others took workers hostage at a nearby oilfield.

After five days of deadly demonstrations in Basra in which government buildings have been ransacked and set alight, protesters broke in and damaged the consulate’s offices, shouting condemnation of what many perceive as Iran’s sway over Iraq’s political parties.

Security sources said the consulate was empty when the crowd burst in.

(Mnt Goat – more proof that the protestors in Basra are NOT Iranian backed trouble makers. They are citizens wanting the govt formed and the corruption to end. In fact they want Iran out of Iraq. Get it?)

THE EVENTS OF BASRA REVEALED CLEARLY THE AMERICAN PLOT

BAGHDAD, September 8 (KUNA) - The Secretary-General of the Movement of Asaib Ahl al-Haq, Shaikh Qais al-Khazali, said that the recent events witnessed by the province of Basra have led to an impasse, which led us to demand that the current prime minister resign.

"The events of Basra revealed the plot clearly and the others know the American project," Shaikh al-Khazali said during a meeting with a group of Iraqi journalists and journalists in his Baghdad headquarters. "The Iraqi people have the right to take out demonstrations against those whose rights have been violated for years. To be carried out by partisans and with long-term political agendas. "

"The Secretary-General of the Movement of Asaib Ahl al-Haq, 'Washington wants to engage Iraq in international conspiracies and plans, and has warned us to enter Iraq in the politics of axes'.

He stressed that there is a CLEAR AMERICAN INSISTENCE THAT THE PRIME MINISTER BE A CERTAIN PERSON WITHOUT REPLACEMENT, IN ORDER TO IMPLEMENT THE DRAFT DEAL OF THE CENTURY '.

"WHAT WASHINGTON WANTS IS THAT IRAQ JOIN THE AMERICAN AXIS IN ORDER TO DIVIDE IT IN THE FUTURE, and that the events of Basra fall within the American project to divide Iraq, and we will not allow them to drag into sectarian fighting. If things reach security chaos and threaten security and peace, People will enter '.

Sheikh al-Khazali stressed that all parties must abide by the religious guidelines to resolve all crises in the country, suggesting that the three points of reference is the constitution through which the political project is agreed upon.

RESULTS OF THE EXTRAORDINARY PARLIAMENTARY SESSION HELD SATURDAY, CHAIRED BY PRIME MINISTER HAIDER ABADI TO DISCUSS THE SITUATION IN THE PROVINCE OF BASRA

The Council of Ministers held an extraordinary session Saturday, chaired by Prime Minister Haider Abadi to discuss the situation in the province of Basra.

(Mnt Goat -This is a news media blunder from a news agency who does not know much about Iraqi politics. It was a “parliamentary” session and not a “cabinet meeting” that was held on Saturday.)

The session issued the following: In implementation of the decisions issued by the Council of Ministers to address the needs of the province of Basra, the Council of Ministers decided to agree to exclude the paragraphs listed below of the implementation of the general budget for the fiscal year 2018 and the instructions for the implementation of government contracts No. 2 of 2014 decides the following:

1 - support and support the people of Basra, especially the families of the victims of civilians and military.

2- To send a ministerial team according to the decision of the Council of Ministers No. 271 of 2018 and remain in Basra until completion of the tasks (and delegate all the necessary powers of the Council of Ministers).

3 - the release of funds allocated under the management of the team with exceptional powers and according to the previous decisions of the Council of Ministers

4 - Asserting the security forces and armed forces to enforce the law and enable them to protect citizens and public and private property.

5. To affirm that the right to demonstrate is guaranteed peacefully according to the Constitution and the protection of this right.

6. Supporting civil society initiatives to participate in reconstruction and voluntary work campaigns.

7 - Communicate with the youth sector in the province of Basra and their participation in the reform projects.

IRAQIS ARE WAITING TO ACTIVATE THE LAW OF THE NATIONAL OIL COMPANY IN SEPTEMBER

Parliamentarians and economists and the Iraqi street are expected to sign on September 5, the date of announcing the activation of the law of the National Oil Company, which set 10 percent of the sales of oil to put in special funds for distribution to the Iraqis.

To abide by the date stipulated by the law, to restore confidence between the street and the government, especially that the law will give each citizen a share of the oil of his country.

The law of the National Oil Company includes a clause that the Executive Authority must implement six months after its approval by the Chamber of Deputies. The law entered into force on 17 April last after it was published in the official newspaper. On 5 March, which gave each Iraqi resident within the country a share of oil deducted 10 percent of total sales.

The MP for the province of Basra, Abdul Salam al-Maliki, the government to respect the date provided by the law, most citizens are convinced that any law benefit from it financially initiated and not work, which will increase internal tension.

Maliki said in a statement that the law is a national achievement distinctive, and almost the best for the Iraqis since 2003, as will give each Iraqi share of the oil of his country in a fair and clear.

He stressed that «the provisions of the law can reduce poverty rates and increase the welfare of the citizen and strengthen the national spirit and the sense of equality for all». “This law does not include Iraqis abroad. Therefore, it will be considered an invitation to the return of our children from the expatriates and immigrants. Our country is poor, but the conditions forced citizens to travel, along with the mismanagement and occupation, and resulting in chaos and corruption that led to unsatisfactory results for the people.”

As for the conflict of law with other laws, Maliki said: “It will not conflict with any other law such as petrodollars or oil licenses and oil investment agreements with foreign companies, because it is a deduction of 10 percent of the proceeds of selling oil in the United Nations Development Fund for Iraq, the transfer of funds to the Central Bank, which will distribute the amounts in the form of shares on behalf of every citizen .

And the quotas of oil-producing provinces, Maliki said that the budget and in agreement with the Prime Minister granted provinces producing under the Petrodollar 20% will be devoted to the fulfillment of debts or allocations that have not been implemented during the past years with the actual quota of 5 percent for each barrel product, will be allocated service projects to productive provinces and develop their reality Al-Omrani, Al-Khademi and others. ”

“The National Oil Company has allocated a fund for generations, and the shares in the national company is not bought or sold because it belongs to the citizen, a law that would achieve economic benefit for the Iraqi people,” said a member of the former oil and gas committee. The law required the Kurdistan region to hand over the quantities of oil produced in its fields to the national oil marketing company «Sumo», otherwise they will not be given to the residents of the region.

(Mnt Goat – Okay now we see the motivation of the April passing of the oil and gas law to give citizens a share – the KRG must turn over the oil or oil revenues from the disputed areas to the CBI namely mostly Kirkukor they will not get their share of 10%. (we are NOT talking about the 17% of the funds to run the KRG distributed each month. This is entirely different topic)

Okay now we also see why Article 140 is now so much more important than ever. Remember also because Kirkuk was disputed it was easy for the politicians to make deals and steal the oil and pocket the money. So the corrupt push and push to hold up any formalization of the Article 140. Get it? Are you seeing the big picture now of what is going on?)

Article 140:

What is Article 140 of the Iraq Constitution?? The Kirkuk referendum is the Kirkuk part of a plebiscite that will decide whether the Kurdish regions within Iraqi governorates of Diyala, Kirkuk, Salah ad Din and Ninawa will become part of the Iraqi Kurdistan region. Remember many of these regions include rich grade marketable oil, some of the best in Iraq.

The Kirkuk status referendum was the Kirkuk part of a planned plebiscite to decide whether the disputed territories of Northern Iraq should become part of the Iraqi Kurdistan region. The referendum was initially planned for 15 November 2007, but was repeatedly delayed and ultimately never took place.

The referendum was mandated by Article 140 of the Constitution of Iraq. Article 140 required that before the referendum, measures had to be taken to reverse the Arabization policy employed by the Saddam Hussein administration during the Al-Anfal Campaign. Thousands of Kurds returned to Kirkuk following the 2003 invasion of Iraq. The referendum was to decide whether enough had returned for the area to be considered Kurdish.

Kurdish resentment over the government's failure to implement Article 140 was one of the reasons for the 2017 Iraqi Kurdistan independence referendum which posed the question, "Do you want the Kurdistan Region and the Kurdistani areas outside the Region to become an independent state?" The referendum led to episodes of Iraqi–Kurdish conflict and the government takeover of Kirkuk.

KURDISH DEPUTIES DO NOT ATTEND SATURDAY’S SPECIAL PARLIAMENT SESSION ON BASRA SAID "THIS MEETING IS UNCONSTITUTIONAL"

Special - Mawazin News

MP of the Kurdistan Democratic Party, Shirwan Agha, on Saturday, the reluctance of Kurdish deputies to attend the parliament session called by the head of the age, on the discussion of the situation in Basra.

Agha, told / Mawazin News /, "The Kurdish deputies will not attend the session of parliament called by the President of the age," noting that "this meeting is unconstitutional."

He called for a special session of the Council of Ministers in the province of Basra, and to take decisions to remove the governor and the Minister of Water Resources and the commander of operations of the province, as well as to freeze the work of the provincial council and bring the corrupt to the courts immediately because what is happening in Basra is very dangerous.

The MP of the party, "the existence of political blocs and leaders are trying to play on the feelings of the crisis in Basra," stressing that "the central conflict of the largest bloc should not affect the violation of the Constitution and the law."

The events in Basra called for a special session of the parliament later on Saturday, in the presence of Prime Minister Haider Abadi, to discuss the social and health crisis in the city, where 10 demonstrators have been killed since Monday, burned government buildings and political parties and closed the main port in Iraq.

The province of Basra witnessed mass popular protests, resulting in the burning of government and partisan headquarters, as well as the deaths of 5 demonstrators and wounding 50 demonstrators and security forces.

(Mnt Goat – The Kurds are correct. The so called “special meeting” is unconstitutional. They are supposed to elect a head of parliament as the next step and are NOT allowed to hold any sessions (as parliament) until this is completed)

SECOND PHASE OF US SANCTIONS AGAINST IRAN WILL BEGIN ON NOVEMBER 4TH

(Mnt Goat -this time it’s a US Oil Embargo against Iran, gotta luv it!)

Economy News Baghdad

The second phase of US sanctions will begin on November 4. The first phase of the sanctions included an American warning to international companies investing in local industries.

The second and most important economic stage of Iran and the international economy is aimed at the importing companies, the Iranian oil or the investor in the development of the oil industry.

After the unilateral decision of the United States to withdraw from the nuclear agreement signed by Iran with the five permanent members of the Security Council and Germany, the positions of the signatories differed, and positions opposed the withdrawal of Washington. After international objections to President Trump's policy, including non-diplomatic "tweets", multiple reactions have been formed on how to deal with the White House approach.

WHAT DOES THE US WANT FROM IRAN 1ST LEVEL TALKS?

Trump demanded that no deadline be set for monitoring Iran's nuclear program. The agreement included restrictions on Iran's ballistic missile development program, as well as an end to Iran's regional expansion and dominance and its terrorist activities. Iranian authorities have so far rejected US proposals to change the deal, but have not issued clear responses on what is required under the US position. The announcement of a new oil embargo on Iran coincided with the outbreak of internal protests and the deterioration of the value of the Iranian currency against the dollar, to record low levels, while decided to «Cosmo Oil» Japanese not to load Iranian oil from October next.

Iran's economic situation worsened during the summer, with demonstrators boasting that Tehran was spending millions of dollars to support its supporters in some Arab countries rather than developing Iran. The news agency "Fares" news on the 3rd of the day that the Director General of the markets of Tehran Abdul Hussein Rahimi decided to regulate the sale of meat in the capital because of the «scarcity of goods», while the price of meat doubled within a year.

And began to grow and expand a global movement calling for the abolition of the use of the dollar in some international business transactions. On the other hand, statements from the new right-wing groups and American Christian fundamentalists called for not only the oil embargo but also the policy of removing the Iranian political system and replacing it with a new regime. Even before the start of the oil embargo, various positions emerged and public differences began to emerge in Tehran. Hardliners in the council withdrew confidence from the Minister of Economic and Financial Affairs Masoud Karbasian and held him responsible for not deterring the economic collapse.

What is most surprising in the series of contradictory reactions over the past months is the stability of world oil prices within a very narrow range of between $ 70 and $ 75 per barrel of Brent oil. Despite statements by Iranian officials and Revolutionary Guards commanders that they are prepared to cut off shipping across the Strait of Hormuz, it is clear that markets that monitor the geopolitical repercussions of these conflicts are moving into daily speculations in such an atmosphere, raising prices to very high levels if they are able to cut off important oil supplies .

In recent decades, the United States has continued to impose economic sanctions and an oil embargo on "rogue" countries. These sanctions have increased to nearly 2 billion people, and the gross domestic product of the target countries is more than $ 15 trillion. Russia, Iran, Venezuela, Cuba, Sudan, Libya, Zimbabwe, Myanmar, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, North Korea, Iraq, Turkey, Pakistan and China are among the countries covered or still covered by US or UN sanctions.

The reasons for the sanctions varied between disagreements over purely political interests, their use as part of the political / military conflict with the countries concerned, and sanctions for human rights violations and crimes against humanity. As for dozens of people on the US black list, the reasons include drug trafficking, terrorism, money laundering and arms trade for "rogue" countries.

The increasing use of this population and the major countries, specifically China and Russia, HAS LED SOME TO ADOPT A NEW FINANCIAL SYSTEM FOR FOREIGN TRADE NOT BASED ON THE DOLLAR BUT ON THE LOCAL CURRENCY. The new financial system is still in its infancy and is being used only on a small scale, but there are attempts by the BRIX countries, which include Russia, China, India, Brazil and South Africa, to establish an international financial transaction system independent of the current SWIFT system.

The continued blockade of the regional and major countries to adopt new means of financial dealings in the field of oil. The best example of China's position on Iran's sanctions is that it has decided to establish a future market in Shanghai for the oil trade that uses the yuan instead of the dollar. Chinese companies will try to avoid US sanctions, and the market will initially deal with Iranian purchases and avoid other countries. But China's experience remains important if it expands in the future, especially as it is one of the largest importers and consumers of oil. There are many other examples of attempts to use barter (India and Turkey), in addition to the adoption of local currencies to import oil from Iran.

Iran exports 2.4 million barrels a day, while international sanctions imposed under former President Mohammad Ahmadinejad cut exports to 900,000 bpd. After decades of sanctions, Iran has had the experience of avoiding part of the blockade, but sanctions will no doubt be a blow to the country's economic system, as expressed by the demonstrations in the country, not just Tehran.

THE MOST IMPORTANT QUESTION IS WHAT IS IRAN'S RESPONSE TO THE SANCTIONS?

Will it accept to negotiate and amend the nuclear agreement? Or will it resort to military means in its response to restricting freedom of navigation in the Bab al-Mandab Strait, or igniting the various Arab fronts under its influence? And what will be the military reaction of Washington and its allies? In the light of these decisions and the nature of the responses, oil prices will take a new direction that will reflect military actions, rather than rhetoric.

THE IRAQI SUPREME FEDERAL COURT ISSUES A CONSTITUTIONAL RULING REGARDING THE APPOINTMENT OF A MEMBER OF THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES AS AN OFFICIAL POSITION

(Baghdad: Euphrates News) The Federal Supreme Court confirmed that there is no constitutional impediment to the assumption of a member of the House of Representatives an official position provided that he relinquished his seat of parliament, "pointing out that" the alternative is the highest votes followed by the same electoral entity and the province.

"The Supreme Federal Court held its session under the chairmanship of Judge Medhat al-Mahmoud and the presence of all the members of the judges and considered an appeal in paragraph {1} of Article {1} of the Law on the replacement of members of the House of Representatives No. 6 of 2006 ".

He added that "this paragraph states that" membership in the House of Representatives expires for one of the following reasons: 1 - assume the member of the Council a position in the presidency of the State or the Council of Ministers, or any other government post.

He pointed out that "the plaintiff appealed his case also unconstitutionality of Article 15 of the rules of procedure of the House of Representatives, which stated that« prepares a member of the Council who becomes a member of the Presidency Council, or in the Council of Ministers resigned from the membership of the Council and does not enjoy the privileges of membership ».

"The court confirmed that there is no constitutional obstacle to the assumption of a member of the House of Representatives an official position, provided that he relinquishes his parliamentary seat, and that the alternative holder of the highest votes followed by the same electoral entity and the province and the province in respect of the will of the Iraqi voter.

He stated that "the court referred in its ruling to Article (49 / VI), which stipulates that" the membership of the House of Representatives shall not be combined with any work or other official position "AND ACCORDINGLY DECIDED TO DISMISS THE CASE BECAUSE IT IS NOT BASED ON A CHARTER OF THE CONSTITUTION.

Issuing a constitutional ruling regarding the appointment of a member of the House of Representatives as an official position.

US INFLUENCE IN THE IRAQ ELECTIONS – NO REGRETS BY THE US

Isabel Coles and

Ali Nabhan

Sept. 9, 2018

The firing of rockets toward American diplomatic missions in Iraq after protesters torched the Iranian consulate in Basra raised tensions as the U.S. and Iran vie to shape the country’s next government.

On Sunday, an uneasy calm held after more troops were sent to the southern city and a curfew imposed to restore order following a week of protests in Basra.

Demonstrations flared in Basra this month after thousands fell ill because the water supply was contaminated, and intensified last week after several protesters were killed. Protesters burned the offices of most political parties in Basra, including powerful Iran-backed paramilitary groups.

It isn’t clear who fired the rockets toward the U.S. diplomatic missions and no damage was caused. But some politicians and analysts saw the attacks as a warning signal to Washington AS IT SOUGHT TO PREVENT FACTIONS CLOSE TO IRAN FROM DICTATING GOVERNMENT FORMATION after the parliamentary election in May. U.S. envoy Brett McGurk had leaned heavily on Kurdish and Sunni parties to back the coalition of which Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi was a part.

“This is a dangerous escalation in a critical time period in an unstable region,” said Sunni lawmaker Salah al-Jubbouri.

THE U.S. AND IRAN SUPPORT RIVAL IRAQI POLITICAL GROUPINGS IN A HIGH-STAKES BATTLE TO FORM A GOVERNMENT AFTER THE MAY ELECTION threw up no clear winner. The Trump administration wants a friendly government in Baghdad following three years of war against Islamic State, and as it seeks to isolate Tehran politically and economically after pulling out of the Iran nuclear deal.

The two countries support rival groups in countries such as Syria, Lebanon and Yemen as they try and strengthen their clout in the Middle East.

The U.S. and Iran have competed for influence in Iraq since Saddam Hussein was toppled in 2003, but they have found compromise over recent governments. In 2014, they became de facto—if awkward—allies in the war against Islamic State.

Their agendas, however, are increasingly diverging as the threat from the militant group recedes. Iran also needs a friendly government next door as it comes under increasing pressure from the U.S.

Renad Mansour, a research fellow at Chatham House, said a full-blown conflict wasn’t in Iran’s or the U.S.’s interests—but with a high-stakes game, either side could easily miscalculate. “Both would want to avoid all-out civil war, if possible.”

Shiite paramilitary leaders with close ties to Tehran warned on Saturday they would target the consulates and intelligence of any foreign country responsible for instigating attacks on their offices and the Iranian consulate in Basra.

“The American Embassy is directing the situation in Basra,” said top Shiite paramilitary commander Abu Mehdi al-Mohandis, who is designated a terrorist by the U.S. for his role in bombing the American and French embassies in Kuwait in the 1980s.

Protesters chanting “Iran out out!” set the Iranian consulate ablaze on Friday in a show of anger against Tehran’s interference in Iraqi affairs and the country’s entire political class, which has failed to provide even basic services despite billions of dollars in revenue from exports of oil, most of which is produced in Basra.

Hours later, rockets were fired towards Basra’s airport, where the U.S. consulate is located, and at the heavily fortified Green Zone that houses its embassy in Baghdad.

For Iraq, which faces major challenges, including the rebuilding of devastated areas and preventing defeated Islamic State militants from regaining traction, the violence could further undermine its recovery.

THE FALLOUT FROM THE PROTESTS IS REDRAWING THE POLITICAL MAP THAT EMERGED FROM THE ELECTION ON MAY 12, ALL BUT ENDING MR. ABADI’S CHANCES OF A SECOND TERM AND POTENTIALLY UNITING FORCES HOSTILE TO THE U.S.

Moqtada al-Sadr, whose electoral list won the most seats and initially formed an alliance with Mr. Abadi, on Saturday called for his resignation along with several other factions. Qais al-Khazaali, a Shiite paramilitary leader within the Iran-backed Fateh alliance, welcomed Mr. Sadr’s move and said consensus between the two sides would produce stability in Iraq, suggesting they were moving closer together.

Jan Kubis, special representative of the United Nations secretary-general for Iraq, on Saturday urged politicians to expedite the formation of a government capable of meeting people’s demands.

“A protracted process of government formation creates uncertainty and a fertile environment for political manipulations and acts of intimidation and violence that sabotage the democratic processes,” Mr. Kubis said.

THE ORDER OF JOINING THE KURDS TO THE LARGEST BLOC WILL BE RESOLVED IN THE NEXT FEW DAYS

Special - Mawazine News

The leader of the Kurdistan Democratic Party, Repin Salam, on Sunday, the absence of a veto on Prime Minister Haider Abadi, to assume a second term, while pointing out that the Kurds will decide to join the largest bloc in the coming days.

"The events in the province of Basra disrupted the atmosphere of the ongoing negotiations to form the largest bloc," said Salam, told Mawazin News, pointing out that "the Kurds will go one team to Baghdad representing all the winning parties in the elections of the House of Representatives."

He added that "the order of joining the Kurds to the largest bloc will be resolved in the next few days," stressing that "not to put a veto on the assumption of Prime Minister Haider Abadi second term absolutely."

He pointed out that "the Kurds are still waiting for the answers of the other bloc on the demands they made."

(Mnt Goat – does it surprise you that this announcement came out quickly following the Judicial announcement on their ruling concerning the parliamentary members ruling? Coincidental? I don’t think so.

So what pops out next?

An article telling us the Presidency of Parliament receives the nomination of eight names for the presidency. So Jabouri is NOT a shoe in for the position and probably will NOT get it. This shows us they are preparing to move forward once again.

Articles End

Their words not mine…..No Rumors, No Hype, No Opinions ,,,,,

Just the FACTS!

Disclaimer: All information in this newsletter is not intended for investment decisions / purposes. Mnt Goat is not a financial analyst, planner, banker, attorney or associated in any role with giving out professional investment advice.

In ending I want everyone to know your constant prayers in the fight against evil (ISIS) in Iraq have worked. God has guided these young men and women on the battle field. Let us all now know that there is a new battle now to fight. A battle to save our homelands from the corrupt politicians who are bent on taking what they want from our current wealth and from future generations without our permission. We must keep praying for the end to the rapid corruption in Iraq and in the United States. We must pray for our leaders when they are being guided by the Holy Spirit. We must stand by them and let them know we are still there to support them, even after the election is over. I have composed a prayer maybe we can all pray today in our own way and until the revaluation of the Iraq dinar occurs.

PRAYER

“For the Iraqi Prime Minister and the President of the United States, that all their cabinet members, and deputies may be anointed by the Holy Spirit to do God’s will and bring the free democracies of the Republic of Iraq and the United States of America to the much-deserved prosperity and abundance thru justice and freedom from oppression and corruption. That they may be a shining example for the rest of the middle east and to rest of the world to follow.

In the name of Jesus Christ our King and Savior, Amen”

Auf Wiedersehen

Much love to ya all,

Mnt Goat
Mountain Goatee
Mountain Goatee
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum