Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
Key dates in Iraq since May’s national elections I_icon_minitimeToday at 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Key dates in Iraq since May’s national elections I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Key dates in Iraq since May’s national elections I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Key dates in Iraq since May’s national elections I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Key dates in Iraq since May’s national elections I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Key dates in Iraq since May’s national elections I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Key dates in Iraq since May’s national elections I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Key dates in Iraq since May’s national elections I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Key dates in Iraq since May’s national elections I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Key dates in Iraq since May’s national elections I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Key dates in Iraq since May’s national elections I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Key dates in Iraq since May’s national elections I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Key dates in Iraq since May’s national elections I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Key dates in Iraq since May’s national elections I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Key dates in Iraq since May’s national elections I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Key dates in Iraq since May’s national elections I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Key dates in Iraq since May’s national elections I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Key dates in Iraq since May’s national elections I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Key dates in Iraq since May’s national elections I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Key dates in Iraq since May’s national elections I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

Key dates in Iraq since May’s national elections

Go down

Key dates in Iraq since May’s national elections Empty Key dates in Iraq since May’s national elections

Post by GirlBye Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:43 pm

After three weeks of protest in Iraq, the Minister of Electricity Qassem al-Fahdawi was sacked.

Key dates in Iraq since May’s national elections Iraq_Reuters_1

Iraqis protest over poor public services in the city of Najaf, on July 27. (Reuters)

May 12: Iraq has parliamentary elections, turnout is 44%.
May 14: Partial election returns indicate Muqtada al-Sadr’s political alliance leads in six provinces, including Baghdad.
May 16: Hundreds of demonstrators gather in Kirkuk to protest alleged election fraud.
May 17: United Nations calls for Iraq’s electoral commission to “immediately and fully” investigate complaints regarding conduct of the elections.
May 19: Final results from Iraq’s election confirms al-Sadr’s win.
May 25: Iraqi authorities begin inquiry into elections after intelligence services found that the voting machines used were vulnerable to hacking.
June 6: Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi says the elections were marred by “unprecedented” violations, according to the findings of a commission Abadi set up to investigate alleged irregularities.
June 6: Iraq’s parliament votes in favour of a manual ballot recount over allegations of widespread fraud in parliamentary elections.
June 7: At least 18 people were killed in Sadr City in an explosion the Interior Ministry said was the result of the detonation of an ammunition cache.
June 10: Fire rips through Iraq’s biggest ballot warehouse in eastern Baghdad.
June 21: Iraq’s Supreme Court upholds parliament’s decision ordering a hand recount of the ballots.
June 24: Judicial panel tasked with running the elections commission says it would conduct a manual recount of the vote from the parliamentary election only for those ballots mentioned in official reports on fraud or formal complaints.
June 30: Iraq’s parliament has its final session, leaving the country without a national assembly for the first time since 2003 as it awaited a vote recount from the parliamentary polls.
July 1: An explosion targets a warehouse storing ballot boxes in Kirkuk province, killing one police officer.
July 3: Iraqi authorities begin recounting votes from May’s disputed parliamentary election, starting with the northern province of Kirkuk.
July 8: Protesters take to the streets in Basra demanding jobs and better services; demonstrations spread to other cities in the country’s Shia-majority south.
July 9: Iraq’s election commission expands its manual recount of ballots to include six other provinces.
July 13: Abadi flies to Basra in a bid to restore calm in the city.
July 14: Hundreds of protesters storm the airport in the city of Najaf, briefly halting air traffic.
July 20: Thousands of Iraqis protest in southern cities and Baghdad, calling for the downfall of political parties in the country.
July 29: Abadi sacked his Minister of Electricity Qassem al-Fahdawi after three weeks of protests. A statement from Abadi’s office said the premier sacked Fahdawi — whose departure was demanded by protesters — “because of the deterioration in the electricity sector”.

https://thearabweekly.com/key-dates-iraq-mays-national-elections
GirlBye
GirlBye
VIP NewsHound
VIP NewsHound

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum