Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
Vietnam - High bad debt ratio in foreign currency loans warned    I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Vietnam - High bad debt ratio in foreign currency loans warned    I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Vietnam - High bad debt ratio in foreign currency loans warned    I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Vietnam - High bad debt ratio in foreign currency loans warned    I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Vietnam - High bad debt ratio in foreign currency loans warned    I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Vietnam - High bad debt ratio in foreign currency loans warned    I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Vietnam - High bad debt ratio in foreign currency loans warned    I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Vietnam - High bad debt ratio in foreign currency loans warned    I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Vietnam - High bad debt ratio in foreign currency loans warned    I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Vietnam - High bad debt ratio in foreign currency loans warned    I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Vietnam - High bad debt ratio in foreign currency loans warned    I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Vietnam - High bad debt ratio in foreign currency loans warned    I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Vietnam - High bad debt ratio in foreign currency loans warned    I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Vietnam - High bad debt ratio in foreign currency loans warned    I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Vietnam - High bad debt ratio in foreign currency loans warned    I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Vietnam - High bad debt ratio in foreign currency loans warned    I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Vietnam - High bad debt ratio in foreign currency loans warned    I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Vietnam - High bad debt ratio in foreign currency loans warned    I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Vietnam - High bad debt ratio in foreign currency loans warned    I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Vietnam - High bad debt ratio in foreign currency loans warned    I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

Vietnam - High bad debt ratio in foreign currency loans warned

Go down

Vietnam - High bad debt ratio in foreign currency loans warned    Empty Vietnam - High bad debt ratio in foreign currency loans warned

Post by lexie Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:47 pm

September 28, 2011

High bad debt ratio in foreign currency loans warned

The report by the State Bank of Vietnam shows the high growth rate of foreign currency loans in the first months of the year, which was much higher than the Vietnam dong lending growth rate.

The “credit de-phasing”

Among the credit institutions, the foreign currency outstanding loans growth rate of joint stock banks is just the second highest after the outstanding loans of non-bank credit institutions (+ 4.64 percent). However, since the foreign currency outstanding loans of the banks account for nearly 52 percent of the total banking system, the ups and downs of the bank always catch the special attention from the public.

In the first seven months of the year, the Vietnam dong outstanding loans of joint stock banks reached 1000 trillion dong, accounting for 58 percent of the total outstanding loans of the whole banking system.

If comparing the outstanding loans of July with that of June, the Vietnam dong outstanding loans decreased by 0.34 percent. 23 joint stock banks saw the Vietnam dong outstanding loans decreasing, of which Nam A Bank saw the sharpest fall of 10.9 percent.

The dong outstanding loans decreases of joint stock banks slowed down in July in comparison with June 2011 (0.59 percent in June vs 0.34 percent in July). 15 banks have been found as having the dong outstanding loans decreased continuously in June and July.

While the dong outstanding loans increases have been slowing down, the foreign currency outstanding loans grow rate has been increasing.

The foreign currency outstanding loans of joint stock banks increased by 1.77 percent (265 million dollars) in July in comparison with June 2011. 23 banks have been found as having high growth rate in foreign currency outstanding loans, especially Nam A Bank. 16 banks have been found as having the foreign currency outstanding loans increasing continuously in June and July.

As such, the foreign currency outstanding loans growth rate of joint stock banks in the first seven months of the year was 6.3 times higher than the dong outstanding loans growth rate.

No one can say for sure how sharply the foreign currency loans will increase, though it seems that the growth has been slowing down from 2.57 percent in June to 1.77 percent in July.

State owned banks have also found as having impressively high growth rate in foreign currency outstanding loans. State owned banks mean BIDV, Agribank, The Bank for Social Policies, and Mekong Delta Housing Bank.

By the end of July 2011, the outstanding loans of state owned banks had accounted for 30.22 percent of the total outstanding loans of the whole banking system, down by 0.46 percent in comparison with June 2011 and up by 2.44 percent in comparison with December 31, 2010.

The same thing occurred with state owned banks: while the dong outstanding loans growth has slowed down, the foreign currency outstanding loans have increased sharply by 1.44 percent per month in the last seven months, and 10.5 percent in comparison with December 31, 2010.

Bad debt – the biggest worry

In principle, the outstanding loans increases are always directly proportional to bad debt ratio increases.

By the end of July 2011, the bad debt ratios belonging to third, fourth and fifth groups (the high-risk groups) had increased to nearly one percent of the total outstanding loans.

The noteworthy thing is that while the dong bad debt ratio increased only by 0.94 percent, the foreign currency bad debt ratio increased by 1.24 percent.

Statistics all show that the liquidity of the banking system remains good with the surplus of three billion dollars by early September 2011, while the figure is expected to increase to five billion dollars by the end of the year.

http://www.vietfinancenews.com/2011/09/high-bad-debt-ratio-in-foreign-currency.html#more

"WHEN THE POWER OF LOVE OVERCOMES THE LOVE OF POWER, THE WORLD WILL KNOW PEACE"
lexie
lexie
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum