Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
Vietnam - Domestic gold overpriced I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Vietnam - Domestic gold overpriced I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Vietnam - Domestic gold overpriced I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Vietnam - Domestic gold overpriced I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Vietnam - Domestic gold overpriced I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Vietnam - Domestic gold overpriced I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Vietnam - Domestic gold overpriced I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Vietnam - Domestic gold overpriced I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Vietnam - Domestic gold overpriced I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Vietnam - Domestic gold overpriced I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Vietnam - Domestic gold overpriced I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Vietnam - Domestic gold overpriced I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Vietnam - Domestic gold overpriced I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Vietnam - Domestic gold overpriced I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Vietnam - Domestic gold overpriced I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Vietnam - Domestic gold overpriced I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Vietnam - Domestic gold overpriced I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Vietnam - Domestic gold overpriced I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Vietnam - Domestic gold overpriced I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Vietnam - Domestic gold overpriced I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

Vietnam - Domestic gold overpriced

2 posters

Go down

Vietnam - Domestic gold overpriced Empty Vietnam - Domestic gold overpriced

Post by lexie Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:03 am

September 25, 2011

Domestic gold overpriced

Domestic gold has been priced some VND3.2 million ($153.2) a tael higher than its world’s counterpart. At the unofficial forex rate of VND21,200-21,300 a dollar, the price should be at VND42.55 million a tael.

But at the official rate of VND20,834 a dollar, the price gap has been widened to some VND4 million a tael.

The closing world gold price on Saturday dropped some $83 an ounce, or VND2 million a tael, while its domestic peer only retreated by VND900,000 a tael.

The gap widening has started soon after the central bank licensed some domestic gold traders to import 4 more tons of gold in an effort to close the price gap.

Loss cutting

Many gold traders said that the phenomenon has been simply caused by the gap between supply and demand, but an expert told Tuoi Tre that it is just a move to cover losses.

Except for some large enterprises, many gold traders had inked deals to buy gold when it hit $1,800 an ounce on speculation that price will shoot up, but as it arrived in Vietnam, the world price has plunged by $150 an ounce, or VND3.8 million a tael, he said.

So, they have joined forces in holding the price at such a rate as long as scarcity persists and demand is still rising, he added.

Saigon Jewelry Co, Vietnam’s biggest gold trader, can only supply the market with some hundreds of taels a day due to its limited capacity.

Previously, gold firms could borrow gold from banks for selling as soon as they got the licenses, but it’s impossible now with the effectiveness of Circular 22 from the central bank, said Nguyen Ngoc Que Chi, general manager of Sacombank Jewelry Co (SBJ).

Thus, except for some firms have a certain amount of inventory or can borrow from their partners, many others had to wait for the imports, while the delivery of foreign partners has been slowed down recently.

Previously, it took 2-3 days for the delivery after the deals, but the time span has been widened to almost a week now, she said.

The longer it takes, the more fees, including lending rates, being added to the selling prices to customers, she added.

Unsolved quest

Many experts say the fastest way to solve the problem is the central bank should continue to offer more import quotas for gold continues.

However, many others said unless the core problem in policymaking has been resolved, the phenomenon just keeps on.

According to deputy general manager of a gold company under a commercial bank, the State Bank of Vietnam should only license those who have big inventories so that market intervention will take effect as soon as possible.

The inventories at commercial banks should also be deployed as a market intervention tool for gold traders as soon as they get the licenses.

So, the central bank should amend Circular 22, allowing big gold traders to borrow gold from banks for immediate market intervention, he said.

http://www.vietfinancenews.com/2011/09/domestic-gold-overpriced.html#more

"WHEN THE POWER OF LOVE OVERCOMES THE LOVE OF POWER, THE WORLD WILL KNOW PEACE"
lexie
lexie
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Vietnam - Domestic gold overpriced Empty Re: Vietnam - Domestic gold overpriced

Post by bstubbs Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:15 am

so can we anticipate movement of the Dong - higher or lower?

bstubbs

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum