Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
Vietnamese Inflation Slows for the First Time Since August 2010 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Vietnamese Inflation Slows for the First Time Since August 2010 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Vietnamese Inflation Slows for the First Time Since August 2010 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Vietnamese Inflation Slows for the First Time Since August 2010 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Vietnamese Inflation Slows for the First Time Since August 2010 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Vietnamese Inflation Slows for the First Time Since August 2010 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Vietnamese Inflation Slows for the First Time Since August 2010 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Vietnamese Inflation Slows for the First Time Since August 2010 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Vietnamese Inflation Slows for the First Time Since August 2010 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Vietnamese Inflation Slows for the First Time Since August 2010 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Vietnamese Inflation Slows for the First Time Since August 2010 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Vietnamese Inflation Slows for the First Time Since August 2010 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Vietnamese Inflation Slows for the First Time Since August 2010 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Vietnamese Inflation Slows for the First Time Since August 2010 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Vietnamese Inflation Slows for the First Time Since August 2010 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Vietnamese Inflation Slows for the First Time Since August 2010 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Vietnamese Inflation Slows for the First Time Since August 2010 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Vietnamese Inflation Slows for the First Time Since August 2010 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Vietnamese Inflation Slows for the First Time Since August 2010 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Vietnamese Inflation Slows for the First Time Since August 2010 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

Vietnamese Inflation Slows for the First Time Since August 2010

Go down

Vietnamese Inflation Slows for the First Time Since August 2010 Empty Vietnamese Inflation Slows for the First Time Since August 2010

Post by lexie Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:18 pm

September 24, 2011

Vietnamese Inflation Slows for the First Time Since August 2010

Vietnamese inflation slowed for the first time in more than a year, bolstering the government’s scope to support economic growth by lowering borrowing costs.

Consumer prices climbed 22.42 percent in September from a year earlier, easing from a 23.02 percent pace in August, according to figures released by the General Statistics Office in Hanoi today. That’s the first deceleration since August 2010. Prices rose 0.82 percent in September from August.

Vietnam’s government said Aug. 25 the nation’s central bank will leave so-called policy interest rates unchanged for now and consider cutting them if inflation slows. Asian officials from the Philippines to South Korea and China have avoided monetary tightening in recent weeks as concern grows the world economy may be on the brink of another recession.

“Inflation is going to slow as base effects kick in,” Matt Hildebrandt, a Singapore-based economist at JPMorgan Chase & Co. (JPM), said before the release. “But with inflation expectations still not well-anchored and a potential power-price increase soon, the downward trajectory could be choppy.”

The benchmark VN Index of stocks fell 2 percent yesterday, while the dong weakened 0.1 percent to 20,832 per dollar, according to data compiled by Bloomberg. The currency was devalued for the fourth time in 15 months on Feb. 11.

State Bank of Vietnam Governor Nguyen Van Binh said last month that the central bank aims to lower dong lending rates at commercial institutions to a range of 17 percent to 19 percent starting from mid-September through to the end of 2011.

Policy Struggle

The government has struggled this year to contain price gains and support growth. Vietnam’s inflation rate remains the fastest in a basket of 17 Asian economies tracked by Bloomberg.

The State Bank of Vietnam has raised the repurchase, refinancing and discount rates to stem credit growth and slow price gains. It raised the repurchase rate in nine steps from 7 percent at the start of November last year to 15 percent in May 2011, before cutting it on July 4 to 14 percent.

While August may be the peak for Vietnamese inflation, “the real test has just begun” Santitarn Sathirathai, a Singapore-based analyst at Credit Suisse Group AG (CSGN), wrote in a note this month that said the dong may weaken if the government eases monetary policy too much.

Vietnamese inflation is a structural problem, driven by inefficient economic growth that lacks sufficient productivity, Asia Commercial Bank Chief Executive Ly Xuan Hai said Sept. 16.

“Inflation will come back again if we do not solve the main issues of our economy,” Hai said in an interview in his Ho Chi Minh City office. “In fighting with inflation over six months, twelve months -- we can fight, we can bring it down. But when growth comes back, if you will go by the old way, inflation will come back.”

The Vietnamese government should avoid reducing interest rates too soon because that may raise questions about the government’s commitment to fighting inflation, the International Monetary Fund told a Hanoi meeting this month attended by officials including Prime Minister Nguyen Tan Dung. (Bloomberg)

http://www.vietfinancenews.com/2011/09/vietnamese-inflation-slows-for-first.html

"WHEN THE POWER OF LOVE OVERCOMES THE LOVE OF POWER, THE WORLD WILL KNOW PEACE"
lexie
lexie
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum