Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
Vietnam- Idle money flowing out of banks, pouring in gold I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Vietnam- Idle money flowing out of banks, pouring in gold I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Vietnam- Idle money flowing out of banks, pouring in gold I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Vietnam- Idle money flowing out of banks, pouring in gold I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Vietnam- Idle money flowing out of banks, pouring in gold I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Vietnam- Idle money flowing out of banks, pouring in gold I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Vietnam- Idle money flowing out of banks, pouring in gold I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Vietnam- Idle money flowing out of banks, pouring in gold I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Vietnam- Idle money flowing out of banks, pouring in gold I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Vietnam- Idle money flowing out of banks, pouring in gold I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Vietnam- Idle money flowing out of banks, pouring in gold I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Vietnam- Idle money flowing out of banks, pouring in gold I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Vietnam- Idle money flowing out of banks, pouring in gold I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Vietnam- Idle money flowing out of banks, pouring in gold I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Vietnam- Idle money flowing out of banks, pouring in gold I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Vietnam- Idle money flowing out of banks, pouring in gold I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Vietnam- Idle money flowing out of banks, pouring in gold I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Vietnam- Idle money flowing out of banks, pouring in gold I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Vietnam- Idle money flowing out of banks, pouring in gold I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Vietnam- Idle money flowing out of banks, pouring in gold I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

Vietnam- Idle money flowing out of banks, pouring in gold

Go down

Vietnam- Idle money flowing out of banks, pouring in gold Empty Vietnam- Idle money flowing out of banks, pouring in gold

Post by lexie Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:47 pm

September 23, 2011

Idle money flowing out of banks, pouring in gold

When asking commercial banks to reduce the deposit interest rates, policy markers reassured them that the deposits would keep rising, because people would have no other choice for their idle money. However, the prediction has not come true.

Observers say that they can see the tendency of bank deposits moving from small banks to big banks, and from banks to other investment channels. A lot of depositors feel unsatisfactory when the deposit interest rates have gone down to 14 percent per annum at maximum, which is not high enough to offset the consumer price increases. Therefore, they now think of withdrawing money from banks to buy gold, real estate, dollars or inject in securities.

As all the banks, both small and big, are now offering the same interest rate of 14 percent per annum for all types of deposits, small banks have lost their effective competitiveness – the high interest rates. Therefore, it is understandable why depositors now tend to withdrawn money from small banks to deposit at big banks to avoid risks.

Small bankers have admitted that it is very difficult to retain depositors these days, because they cannot offer high interest rates to attract depositors any more. ABBank and Western Bank have decided to “dodge the laws” by launching flexible credit products, with which the interests of the deposits are calculated every day.

The depositors, who use these products, would enjoy the actual higher interest rates than the quoted rate of 14 percent. It is because the interest is added to the capital every day instead of the end of the deposit terms, which makes the sums of deposits bigger, thus allowing to bring higher interests to depositors.

Vu Tu, General Director of Tien Phong Bank, said that though the bank still can see high growth rate of deposits, but the growth proves to be unstable. “People still keep listening for the news and for the new moves to be made by the State Bank. Therefore, they mostly make short term one-week deposits,” Tu said.

He went on to say that many people, who have idle money, are trying to seek profits in other investment channels such as securities, gold and foreign currencies.

Local newspapers have reported that people are rushing to buy gold, even though the domestic prices are 1.4 million dong per tael higher than the world’s prices. The continued gold price fluctuations and the uncertainties in many places in the world have made people believe that pouring money into gold would bring fat profits.

As such, not only small banks, but big banks also have to worry about the decreases of the deposits, as people now can find a new good investment channel. The gold price, which is now hovering around 46.65 million dong per tael, proves to be attractive enough for people, who believe that the gold price would increase further, and if they buy gold at this moment, they would make fat profits in the future, when the gold price increases.

SJC, PNJ and SBJ, the biggest gold brands in Vietnam, all have reported the sharp increase in the trading volume in the last week and the first days of this week. Especially, the price of the precious metal once surpassed the 47 million dong per tael threshold.

Nguyen Thi Cuc, Deputy General Director of the Phu Nhuan Jewelry Company (PNJ) reported that the purchasing power has increased sharply, while the buyers include the people, who buy gold with the money they have withdrawn from bank deposits. On September 16 alone, PNJ sold 5000 taels of gold (a tael is equal to 1.2 oz).

Cuc has noted that as the interest rate has gone down to 14 percent per annum, people find deposits not attractive enough; therefore, they would rather to use idle money for other purposes than making deposits.

Tran Phuong Binh, General Director of Dong A Bank, has confirmed that the capital inflow to banks has slowed down, while he has seen the deposits decreasing by tens of billions of dong per day, because a lot of people have put money into gold instead of deposits.

http://www.vietfinancenews.com/2011/09/idle-money-flowing-out-of-banks-pouring.html#more

"WHEN THE POWER OF LOVE OVERCOMES THE LOVE OF POWER, THE WORLD WILL KNOW PEACE"
lexie
lexie
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum