Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
Treasury creates foreign currency management system I_icon_minitimeToday at 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Treasury creates foreign currency management system I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Treasury creates foreign currency management system I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Treasury creates foreign currency management system I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Treasury creates foreign currency management system I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Treasury creates foreign currency management system I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Treasury creates foreign currency management system I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Treasury creates foreign currency management system I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Treasury creates foreign currency management system I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Treasury creates foreign currency management system I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Treasury creates foreign currency management system I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Treasury creates foreign currency management system I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Treasury creates foreign currency management system I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Treasury creates foreign currency management system I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Treasury creates foreign currency management system I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Treasury creates foreign currency management system I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Treasury creates foreign currency management system I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Treasury creates foreign currency management system I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Treasury creates foreign currency management system I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Treasury creates foreign currency management system I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

Treasury creates foreign currency management system

Go down

Treasury creates foreign currency management system Empty Treasury creates foreign currency management system

Post by RamblerNash Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:38 pm

Treasury creates foreign currency management system

February 9, 2017

GOVERNMENT has created a “managed foreign currency” system, which will see the central bank retaining 50% of the export proceeds to be distributed to companies, as it moves to resolve foreign payments delays.

BY TATIRA ZWINOIRA

Treasury creates foreign currency management system Patrick-chinamasa-presenting-budget-today

Finance minister Patrick Chinamasa

This comes as the Confederation of Zimbabwe Industries is on record saying the delays in paying foreign suppliers have led to manufacturers failing to meet production deadlines, with a growing number now facing the prospect of closing.

Finance minister Patrick Chinamasa yesterday told reporters on the sidelines of the official opening of Lesaffre Zimbabwe’s new baking centre that the delays were as a result of the government taking too long in plugging the siphoning off of foreign currency from the market in 2016.

He said, as a result, a lot of forex left the market, leaving them with very little by the time they introduced this more managed system.

“All the exports are channelled through the central bank. When you export, you need to advise the central bank, fill in forms and acquittals, et cetera,” Chinamasa said.

“We moved to a managed foreign currency system. What that means is with any exporter, 50% of the foreign currency is taken over by the central bank for use by other economic players, who are into import substitution (dependent on outside raw materials) and who do not export.

“Now, 50% (the other 50%) is given to the exporter for themselves for raw materials, spares and also to the bank for their clients. So that process has already started and we think that the problem you have mentioned, a legitimate complaint, will be sorted out sooner rather than later. This is why we are looking forward to inflows from the sale of our tobacco.”

The managed system means that 50% of export revenues from the country’s exports — which include the two biggest, namely, gold and tobacco — will be retained by the central bank to be redistributed toward import dependent manufacturers’.

As such, exporters and depositors’ will look forward to the other 50%, which will be redistributed to the banks.

Currently, the central bank retains between 25% and 30% of foreign currency, while the 70% and 75% is redistributed to the banks.

Manufacturers have been struggling to make foreign payments for raw materials.

Industry and Commerce minister Mike Bimha said his ministry was engaging the Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe (RBZ) on the problems manufacturers were facing in importing raw materials.

“They [RBZ) are doing the best they can, but the point is that we can only generate forex if we export so that is where the issue stands. But at the same time, we need to facilitate the forex to them (manufacturers),” he said.

“I have been having weekly meetings with the RBZ looking at these issues and he (central bank governor John Mangudya) is very supportive.”

https://www.newsday.co.zw/2017/02/09/treasury-creates-foreign-currency-management-system/

Treasury creates foreign currency management system 258310255 
>>>TNTBS's YouTube Channel<<<
RamblerNash
RamblerNash
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum