Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
World Bank to issue SDR bonds in China for first time I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
World Bank to issue SDR bonds in China for first time I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
World Bank to issue SDR bonds in China for first time I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
World Bank to issue SDR bonds in China for first time I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
World Bank to issue SDR bonds in China for first time I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
World Bank to issue SDR bonds in China for first time I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
World Bank to issue SDR bonds in China for first time I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
World Bank to issue SDR bonds in China for first time I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
World Bank to issue SDR bonds in China for first time I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
World Bank to issue SDR bonds in China for first time I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
World Bank to issue SDR bonds in China for first time I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
World Bank to issue SDR bonds in China for first time I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
World Bank to issue SDR bonds in China for first time I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
World Bank to issue SDR bonds in China for first time I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
World Bank to issue SDR bonds in China for first time I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
World Bank to issue SDR bonds in China for first time I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
World Bank to issue SDR bonds in China for first time I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
World Bank to issue SDR bonds in China for first time I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
World Bank to issue SDR bonds in China for first time I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
World Bank to issue SDR bonds in China for first time I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

World Bank to issue SDR bonds in China for first time

3 posters

Go down

World Bank to issue SDR bonds in China for first time Empty World Bank to issue SDR bonds in China for first time

Post by Ponee Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:06 pm

World Bank to issue SDR bonds in China for first time 0826N-yuan-notes_article_main_image

SHANGHAI -- The World Bank will issue bonds denominated in Special Drawing Rights in Shanghai at the end of August -- marking a status boost for the Chinese yuan.
The float is seen comprising three-year bonds totaling 500 million SDR units. This comes to around $700 million, though the value of the International Monetary Fund's reserve asset varies based on the dollar, euro, yen and pound. Details will be announced as soon as Friday.

Though denominated in SDRs, the bonds will be payable in yuan for both Chinese and foreign banks. Interest and principal upon redemption will be paid in the Chinese currency as well, with the amount depending on the SDR market. The bonds will be tradable on the Chinese interbank market, making them an important first step in setting up an SDR-based bond market in this country.

The yuan will join the currency basket backing SDRs in October, and will thus help determine the bonds' value at the time of redemption. The People's Bank of China has authorized the World Bank to issue 2 billion SDR in bonds in the country. If the first float is successful, others could follow.

The state-owned China Development Bank is gearing up to issue its own SDR bonds in September or later. These were initially to hit the market before the World Bank's, though Chinese authorities ultimately "prioritized the better-known" instruments, a financial-sector source said. The government in Beijing is encouraging a variety of banks and international bodies to put out SDR bonds.

The World Bank's float comes just days before the Group of 20 summit in Hangzhou on Sept. 4-5. This is China's first time hosting the gathering -- an occasion the government hopes to use to demonstrate progress on making the yuan an international currency. Meeting that goal fully will take time, given that China still heavily regulates cross-border capital transactions. Issuing SDR instruments is seen as a step to improve the soon-to-be component yuan's global standing.

But the complex nature of SDRs makes hedging currency risks challenging and often costly. Yields on the SDR bonds are also likely to be low, given that they are backed in part by the yen and euro. Investors may not be as hungry for the debt as Chinese authorities hope.

http://asia.nikkei.com/Markets/Capital-Markets/World-Bank-to-issue-SDR-bonds-in-China-for-first-time?

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

World Bank to issue SDR bonds in China for first time Empty Re: World Bank to issue SDR bonds in China for first time

Post by Kevind53 Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:47 pm

Not an expert in international finance, but I suspect that this will pretty much amount to a hill of beans. SDRs are only rarely utilized, and circumstances dictate that yields will be very low. I just don't see a lot of demand for the bonds outside of maybe China.

Trust but Verify --- R Reagan Suspect

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

World Bank to issue SDR bonds in China for first time 2805820865  World Bank to issue SDR bonds in China for first time 2805820865  World Bank to issue SDR bonds in China for first time 2805820865  World Bank to issue SDR bonds in China for first time 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

World Bank to issue SDR bonds in China for first time Empty Re: World Bank to issue SDR bonds in China for first time

Post by Terbo56 Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:54 pm

Why would any country use the Euro to back any currency, and the Yen is just a basic standby currency? The Euro is constantly on the downhill slide, and before too long, it won't be worth anything, like the U.S fiat dollar, unless someone sees a way out of the recession we're in, and stabilize the dollar with something to cover it-
Terbo56
Terbo56
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:18 pm

Except for one problem, the USD is up against every other major currency.

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

World Bank to issue SDR bonds in China for first time 2805820865  World Bank to issue SDR bonds in China for first time 2805820865  World Bank to issue SDR bonds in China for first time 2805820865  World Bank to issue SDR bonds in China for first time 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Terbo56 Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:24 pm

Yes, but- For how long?
Terbo56
Terbo56
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:40 pm

Indefinitely so, for all it's faults, there is no country whose economy is stronger than the US. There will be no change to a gold based currency by the US or anyone else. Gold, like oil is an commodity. This means it changes constantly in value, sometimes very quickly. It would be foolish to base your economy upon something so unstable.

Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Terbo56 Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:45 pm

I didn't look at it commodity wise, however, you are correct-Everything in that respect, fluctuates-
Terbo56
Terbo56
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum