Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Go Russia
 Peshmerga accomplish 80% of goal in first day of offensive I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:37 am by kenlej

» Go Russia
 Peshmerga accomplish 80% of goal in first day of offensive I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:51 am by kenlej

» Textbook Tony
 Peshmerga accomplish 80% of goal in first day of offensive I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 4:13 pm by Mission1st

» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
 Peshmerga accomplish 80% of goal in first day of offensive I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
 Peshmerga accomplish 80% of goal in first day of offensive I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
 Peshmerga accomplish 80% of goal in first day of offensive I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
 Peshmerga accomplish 80% of goal in first day of offensive I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
 Peshmerga accomplish 80% of goal in first day of offensive I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
 Peshmerga accomplish 80% of goal in first day of offensive I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
 Peshmerga accomplish 80% of goal in first day of offensive I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
 Peshmerga accomplish 80% of goal in first day of offensive I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
 Peshmerga accomplish 80% of goal in first day of offensive I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
 Peshmerga accomplish 80% of goal in first day of offensive I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
 Peshmerga accomplish 80% of goal in first day of offensive I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
 Peshmerga accomplish 80% of goal in first day of offensive I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
 Peshmerga accomplish 80% of goal in first day of offensive I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
 Peshmerga accomplish 80% of goal in first day of offensive I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
 Peshmerga accomplish 80% of goal in first day of offensive I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
 Peshmerga accomplish 80% of goal in first day of offensive I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
 Peshmerga accomplish 80% of goal in first day of offensive I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

Peshmerga accomplish 80% of goal in first day of offensive

2 posters

Go down

Peshmerga accomplish 80% of goal in first day of offensive Empty Peshmerga accomplish 80% of goal in first day of offensive

Post by Kevind53 Sun Aug 14, 2016 11:36 pm

By Rudaw 9 hours ago

ERBIL, Kurdistan Region--Kurdish Peshmerga forces have recaptured nine of the eleven villages they aimed to liberate in the first day of a major offensive against Islamic State (ISIS) militants in Nineveh province east of Erbil.

“The villages of Qarqasha, Qaradag, Setyh, Shanaf, Tal Hamid, Abzakh, al-Hamrah, Omar Mendan, and Sayyud Hayyasi were freed today,” Renas Rasheed of the Zeravani Peshmerga told Rudaw English.

Rasheed added that Peshmerga forces will pass the night stay at their last outposts.

The Peshmerga accomplished 80 percent of their goal on the first day of the offensive, Mansour Barzani, a commander in the Kurdish special forces, told Rudaw on the front line on Sunday evening.

One major achievement, Barzani noted, was retaking Gwer Bridge, which crosses the Great Zab River. “Regaining control of Gwer Bridge will have an important role in coming offensives,” he said.

“ISIS is not as strong as it used to be and most of its fighters were killed [in today’s offensive],” he added.

Some 2,500 Peshmerga were involved in the major operation launched against ISIS in the early hours of Sunday on the Makhmour-Gwer and Khazir fronts. More than 100 ISIS militants were killed during the offensive.

The aim of the operation was to recapture 11 villages, most of them Kurdish with a few Arab villages among them.

Military officials have told Rudaw that Sunday’s operation, which was backed by coalition airstrikes, will further shrink ISIS territories and push the group back towards its Mosul stronghold.

Kurdish President Masoud Barzani, who is commander-in-chief of the Peshmerga, supervised the operation.

Safeen Dizayee, spokesperson for the Kurdistan Regional Government, shared the government's pride in the Peshmerga forces on Twitter.

Trust but Verify --- R Reagan Suspect

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

Peshmerga accomplish 80% of goal in first day of offensive 2805820865   Peshmerga accomplish 80% of goal in first day of offensive 2805820865   Peshmerga accomplish 80% of goal in first day of offensive 2805820865   Peshmerga accomplish 80% of goal in first day of offensive 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Peshmerga accomplish 80% of goal in first day of offensive Empty Re: Peshmerga accomplish 80% of goal in first day of offensive

Post by Ponee Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:31 am

:tup:

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum