Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Go Russia
 ISIS cells losing ground to Peshmerga in Kirkuk I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:37 am by kenlej

» Go Russia
 ISIS cells losing ground to Peshmerga in Kirkuk I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:51 am by kenlej

» Textbook Tony
 ISIS cells losing ground to Peshmerga in Kirkuk I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 4:13 pm by Mission1st

» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
 ISIS cells losing ground to Peshmerga in Kirkuk I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
 ISIS cells losing ground to Peshmerga in Kirkuk I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
 ISIS cells losing ground to Peshmerga in Kirkuk I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
 ISIS cells losing ground to Peshmerga in Kirkuk I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
 ISIS cells losing ground to Peshmerga in Kirkuk I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
 ISIS cells losing ground to Peshmerga in Kirkuk I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
 ISIS cells losing ground to Peshmerga in Kirkuk I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
 ISIS cells losing ground to Peshmerga in Kirkuk I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
 ISIS cells losing ground to Peshmerga in Kirkuk I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
 ISIS cells losing ground to Peshmerga in Kirkuk I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
 ISIS cells losing ground to Peshmerga in Kirkuk I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
 ISIS cells losing ground to Peshmerga in Kirkuk I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
 ISIS cells losing ground to Peshmerga in Kirkuk I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
 ISIS cells losing ground to Peshmerga in Kirkuk I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
 ISIS cells losing ground to Peshmerga in Kirkuk I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
 ISIS cells losing ground to Peshmerga in Kirkuk I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
 ISIS cells losing ground to Peshmerga in Kirkuk I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

ISIS cells losing ground to Peshmerga in Kirkuk

2 posters

Go down

ISIS cells losing ground to Peshmerga in Kirkuk Empty ISIS cells losing ground to Peshmerga in Kirkuk

Post by Kevind53 Sun Aug 14, 2016 11:33 pm

By Glenn Field 8 hours ago

ERBIL, Kurdistan Region—The number of Islamic State (ISIS) cells infiltrating the city of Kirkuk to carry out terrorist attacks has dramatically reduced as ISIS loses ground to the Peshmerga.

“The Peshmerga have been very successful in stopping the cells from coming [into Kirkuk],” said Sarhad Kadir, head of Kirkuk sub-area police.

The Peshmerga, police and other security agencies have all played a role in reducing the violence in Kirkuk, but the Peshmerga have been responsible for stopping militants from bringing explosives and bomb-making supplies into Kirkuk. Kadir believes that reducing the Islamic State’s territory is a significant contributing reason for this.

“They have less to work with,” Kadir said simply. Though, despite the fact that ISIS has been increasingly less effective in carrying out public attacks, they did carry out thirteen in the past year.

Shortly after the Islamist State swept through Iraq and Syria, seizing control of large swathes of territory in 2014, Kirkuk was subject to many terrorist attacks including public bombings and kidnappings.

“ISIS had the ability to bring bombs into Kirkuk and security forces struggled to stop it,” said Kadir.

But the security forces in the city have had increasing success combating the militants. Arrests of ISIS cell members have gone up and, in the last 8 months, 60 militants have been convicted and imprisoned with another over 70 cases waiting for sentencing, according to Kadir.

Now that attacks such as public bombings are down, Kadir said, ISIS fighters are going after pipelines and other resource targets and Peshmerga forces are directing their attention there to combat this threat.

Kadir has been involved in the fight against Islamist groups since 2003. He says that he has seen two types of fighters who form the Islamic terrorist entity. The first is the martyr, the one “who is completely brainwashed and believes he will be greeted by 72 virgins if he dies for Islam.” He is someone who completely believes in the jihadist cause and is willing to die for it.

The other type is “the one who encourages the martyr.” This person usually deals more with propaganda, carries out assassinations or goes on reconnaissance missions.

Within ISIS, Kadir sees the latter as usually a former member of the Baath party, the party of Iraq’s former dictator, Saddam Hussein.

Trust but Verify --- R Reagan Suspect

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

ISIS cells losing ground to Peshmerga in Kirkuk 2805820865   ISIS cells losing ground to Peshmerga in Kirkuk 2805820865   ISIS cells losing ground to Peshmerga in Kirkuk 2805820865   ISIS cells losing ground to Peshmerga in Kirkuk 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

ISIS cells losing ground to Peshmerga in Kirkuk Empty Re: ISIS cells losing ground to Peshmerga in Kirkuk

Post by Ponee Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:30 am

:tup:

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum