Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
After failed missile test, China calls for Korean calm I_icon_minitimeToday at 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
After failed missile test, China calls for Korean calm I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
After failed missile test, China calls for Korean calm I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
After failed missile test, China calls for Korean calm I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
After failed missile test, China calls for Korean calm I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
After failed missile test, China calls for Korean calm I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
After failed missile test, China calls for Korean calm I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
After failed missile test, China calls for Korean calm I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
After failed missile test, China calls for Korean calm I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
After failed missile test, China calls for Korean calm I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
After failed missile test, China calls for Korean calm I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
After failed missile test, China calls for Korean calm I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
After failed missile test, China calls for Korean calm I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
After failed missile test, China calls for Korean calm I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
After failed missile test, China calls for Korean calm I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
After failed missile test, China calls for Korean calm I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
After failed missile test, China calls for Korean calm I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
After failed missile test, China calls for Korean calm I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
After failed missile test, China calls for Korean calm I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
After failed missile test, China calls for Korean calm I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

After failed missile test, China calls for Korean calm

Go down

After failed missile test, China calls for Korean calm Empty After failed missile test, China calls for Korean calm

Post by GypZ Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:00 am

After failed missile test, China calls for Korean calm ?m=02&d=20160601&t=2&i=1139499876&w=644&fh=&fw=&ll=&pl=&sq=&r=LYNXNPEC501W4
China's President Xi Jinping arrives for a welcoming ceremony for Togo's President Faure Gnassingbe (not in picture) outside the Great Hall of the People in Beijing, China, May 30, 2016.

REUTERS/JASON LEE

China hopes all parties on the Korean peninsula will remain calm and exercise restraint, President Xi Jinping told a senior visiting North Korean envoy on Wednesday, after the isolated state rattled nerves with a failed missile test.

The rare meeting in Beijing between Xi and one of North Korea's highest-profile officials, career diplomat Ri Su Yong, follows a flurry of weapons tests in the run-up to the first congress in 36 years of North Korea's ruling Workers' Party in May, when young leader Kim Jong Un consolidated his control.

China is reclusive North Korea's only major ally but has been angered by its nuclear and missile programs.China signed up to harsh new U.N. sanctions against North Korea in March in response to its fourth nuclear test in January and a satellite launch in February.

Xi told Ri that China attached great store to the friendly relationship between the two countries, and was willing to work with North Korea to consolidate that friendship, China's Foreign Ministry said.

"China's position on the peninsula issue is clear and consistent. We hope all sides remain calm and exercise restraint, increase communication and dialogue and maintain regional peace and stability," the ministry cited Xi as saying.

There was no direct mention of Tuesday's failed missile test, the latest in a string of unsuccessful ballistic missile tests by North Korea.

Ri passed on a verbal message to Xi from Kim, the ministry said, in which Kim expressed a desire to work hard with China to maintain peace and stability on the peninsula and across northeast Asia.

Xi welcomed Ri's visit to report on the North Korean party congress, which Xi said showed the importance Kim attached to ties with China, the ministry added.Xi said he hoped North Korea could achieve even greater achievements in improving its economy and people's livelihoods, the ministry said.

Kim has yet to visit China since assuming office after his father died in 2011.

Chinese state television showed pictures of the two men meeting in Beijing's Great Hall of the People.

The United States plans to use high-level Sino-U.S. talks in Beijing next week to discuss ways to bring greater pressure to bear on North Korea to abandon its nuclear ambitions, a senior U.S. official said on Tuesday.

But China has been reluctant to take tougher action, such as completely shutting its border with North Korea, for fear that North Korea could collapse in chaos.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-china-northkorea-idUSKCN0YN3TU
GypZ
GypZ
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum