Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Reuters UPDATE 1-China's big four banks, StanChart, ANZ to join yuan gold benchmark I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Reuters UPDATE 1-China's big four banks, StanChart, ANZ to join yuan gold benchmark I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Reuters UPDATE 1-China's big four banks, StanChart, ANZ to join yuan gold benchmark I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Reuters UPDATE 1-China's big four banks, StanChart, ANZ to join yuan gold benchmark I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Reuters UPDATE 1-China's big four banks, StanChart, ANZ to join yuan gold benchmark I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Reuters UPDATE 1-China's big four banks, StanChart, ANZ to join yuan gold benchmark I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Reuters UPDATE 1-China's big four banks, StanChart, ANZ to join yuan gold benchmark I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Reuters UPDATE 1-China's big four banks, StanChart, ANZ to join yuan gold benchmark I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Reuters UPDATE 1-China's big four banks, StanChart, ANZ to join yuan gold benchmark I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Reuters UPDATE 1-China's big four banks, StanChart, ANZ to join yuan gold benchmark I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Reuters UPDATE 1-China's big four banks, StanChart, ANZ to join yuan gold benchmark I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Reuters UPDATE 1-China's big four banks, StanChart, ANZ to join yuan gold benchmark I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Reuters UPDATE 1-China's big four banks, StanChart, ANZ to join yuan gold benchmark I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Reuters UPDATE 1-China's big four banks, StanChart, ANZ to join yuan gold benchmark I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Reuters UPDATE 1-China's big four banks, StanChart, ANZ to join yuan gold benchmark I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Reuters UPDATE 1-China's big four banks, StanChart, ANZ to join yuan gold benchmark I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Reuters UPDATE 1-China's big four banks, StanChart, ANZ to join yuan gold benchmark I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Reuters UPDATE 1-China's big four banks, StanChart, ANZ to join yuan gold benchmark I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Reuters UPDATE 1-China's big four banks, StanChart, ANZ to join yuan gold benchmark I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
Reuters UPDATE 1-China's big four banks, StanChart, ANZ to join yuan gold benchmark I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

Reuters UPDATE 1-China's big four banks, StanChart, ANZ to join yuan gold benchmark

2 posters

Go down

Reuters UPDATE 1-China's big four banks, StanChart, ANZ to join yuan gold benchmark Empty Reuters UPDATE 1-China's big four banks, StanChart, ANZ to join yuan gold benchmark

Post by Ponee Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:43 pm

Reuters UPDATE 1-China's big four banks, StanChart, ANZ to join yuan gold benchmark

By A. Ananthalakshmi

Top Chinese banks, alongside Standard Chartered and ANZ, will be among 18 members to join a new yuan-denominated gold benchmark that signals China's biggest step towards becoming a price-setter for the metal.

As the world's top producer, importer and consumer of gold, China has baulked at having to depend on a dollar price in international transactions, and believes its market weight should entitle it to set the price of gold.

The yuan gold fix, to be launched on April 19, is not expected to pose an immediate threat to the gold pricing dominance of London and New York, but it could ultimately give Asia more power, particularly if the Chinese currency becomes fully convertible.

The Chinese benchmark price will be derived from a 1 kg-contract to be traded by the 18 members on the Shanghai Gold Exchange (SGE), which will act as the central counterparty.

The price-setting process will include China's big four state-owned banks, Industrial and Commercial Bank of China , Agricultural Bank of China, Bank of China and China Construction Bank, the SGE said in a statement on its website.

Bank of Communications, Shanghai Pudong Development Bank, China Minsheng Banking Corp , Industrial Bank Co, Ping An Bank and Shanghai Bank will also participate.

Bank of China (Hong Kong), retailers Chow Tai Fook and Lao Feng Xiang, Swiss trading house MKS, Chinese miners China National Gold Group and Shandong Gold Group will also be members, SGE said.

The benchmark price, to be quoted in yuan per gram, will be set twice a day based on a few minutes of trading in each session.

The spot benchmark in London, quoted in dollars per ounce, is set via a twice-daily auction on an electronic platform with 12 participants after starting off with six.

The London fix, which was previously set via a teleconference among banks, was replaced by electronic auctions after a shake-up in benchmark setting following a scandal over rigging of the Libor interest rate broke in 2012.

Support from foreign banks will be crucial for the international use of the yuan benchmark, but China had struggled to get them to sign up due to sensitivity around benchmarks amid scrutiny by regulators.

Reuters reported in January that China had warned foreign banks it could curb their operations in the domestic market if they refuse to participate in the benchmark-setting process.

Standard Chartered and ANZ, the two foreign banks participating in the fix, have gold import licences in China. HSBC also has an import licence but was not named by SGE as one of the participating banks. (Additional reporting by Shanghai Newsroom; Editing by Ed Davies)

http://www.reuters.com/article/china-gold-fix-idUSL3N17G2W4

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Reuters UPDATE 1-China's big four banks, StanChart, ANZ to join yuan gold benchmark Empty Re: Reuters UPDATE 1-China's big four banks, StanChart, ANZ to join yuan gold benchmark

Post by Kevind53 Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:04 am

Gee any surprise? China is using strong arm tactics to try and force foreign businesses to join. imagine the tactics they use on their own, more or less captive businesses.

Trust but Verify --- R Reagan Suspect

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

Reuters UPDATE 1-China's big four banks, StanChart, ANZ to join yuan gold benchmark 2805820865  Reuters UPDATE 1-China's big four banks, StanChart, ANZ to join yuan gold benchmark 2805820865  Reuters UPDATE 1-China's big four banks, StanChart, ANZ to join yuan gold benchmark 2805820865  Reuters UPDATE 1-China's big four banks, StanChart, ANZ to join yuan gold benchmark 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum