Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Carnival Rides
Why the Fed Sends Billions of Dollars to Iraq I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2024 5:03 pm by kenlej

» Go Russia
Why the Fed Sends Billions of Dollars to Iraq I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 11:37 am by kenlej

» Go Russia
Why the Fed Sends Billions of Dollars to Iraq I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 10:51 am by kenlej

» Textbook Tony
Why the Fed Sends Billions of Dollars to Iraq I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 4:13 pm by Mission1st

» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
Why the Fed Sends Billions of Dollars to Iraq I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Why the Fed Sends Billions of Dollars to Iraq I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Why the Fed Sends Billions of Dollars to Iraq I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Why the Fed Sends Billions of Dollars to Iraq I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Why the Fed Sends Billions of Dollars to Iraq I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Why the Fed Sends Billions of Dollars to Iraq I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Why the Fed Sends Billions of Dollars to Iraq I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Why the Fed Sends Billions of Dollars to Iraq I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Why the Fed Sends Billions of Dollars to Iraq I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Why the Fed Sends Billions of Dollars to Iraq I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Why the Fed Sends Billions of Dollars to Iraq I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Why the Fed Sends Billions of Dollars to Iraq I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Why the Fed Sends Billions of Dollars to Iraq I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Why the Fed Sends Billions of Dollars to Iraq I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Why the Fed Sends Billions of Dollars to Iraq I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Why the Fed Sends Billions of Dollars to Iraq I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

Why the Fed Sends Billions of Dollars to Iraq

2 posters

Go down

Why the Fed Sends Billions of Dollars to Iraq Empty Why the Fed Sends Billions of Dollars to Iraq

Post by RamblerNash Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:06 am

Why the Fed Sends Billions of Dollars to Iraq

By Emily Glazer and Jon Hilsenrath
Nov 3, 2015 2:07 pm ET

Why is the United States sending billions of dollars in cash to Iraq?

Why the Fed Sends Billions of Dollars to Iraq OB-XL397_Dollar_F_20130513083939
AFP/Getty Images

It’s complicated, but it’s actually Iraqi money.

The Central Bank of Iraq, along with many other countries’ central banks, have accounts with the Federal Reserve with their own U.S. dollars. The money in Iraq’s account comes largely from oil reserves — not money the U.S. is giving to the country for assistance or otherwise.

The Wall Street Journal reported in a front-page article Tuesday that the Fed and Treasury Department temporarily shut off the flow of billions of dollars to Iraq’s central bank this summer as concerns mounted that the currency was ending up at sanctioned Iranian banks and possibly being funneled to Islamic State militants. The previously unreported move to stop the cash shipments pushed the Iraqi financial system to the brink of crisis and marked a climactic moment in efforts to avert the flow of dollars to U.S. foes.

An estimated half to two-thirds of the $1.3 trillion in paper U.S. currency in circulation goes outside U.S. borders, according to the Federal Reserve and U.S. officials. Among the Fed’s jobs is providing the currency to institutions with dollar holdings—both inside and outside the U.S.

Foreign central banks hold dollars and can call on the Fed for distribution of the currency in paper form.

“The Federal Reserve seeks to accommodate other countries’ need to have access to their dollar deposits in the form of U.S. bank notes for legitimate purposes,” a Fed spokeswoman said in a statement. “A number of central banks around the world, including the Central Bank of Iraq, maintain accounts at the Federal Reserve Bank of New York and at times withdraw currency from their accounts.”

The spokeswoman added that the Fed works closely with the Treasury Department “to ensure central banks comply with laws prohibiting transactions with sanctioned foreign regimes, terrorists, and international narcotics traffickers.”

“Iraq needs the dollars, law-abiding Iraqi citizens and businesses,” said Daniel Glaser, assistant secretary for terrorist financing in the Treasury’s Office of Terrorism and Financial Intelligence, in an interview. “What we’re trying to do is make sure they get those dollars but also put into place safeguards to make it harder for ISIL to get them.”

When Iraq needs more paper currency, the money is drawn from the country’s account at the Federal Reserve – funded largely by oil reserves — and flown to Baghdad.

The brand-new $100 notes are flown on chartered airplanes to Baghdad after leaving a Fed facility in East Rutherford, N.J.  In Baghdad, the bills are moved by armored vehicles to the Iraqi central bank, where they are sold in daily auctions in which Iraqi financial institutions request dollars that they pay for largely using dinars, the local currency.

The process doesn’t involve competitive bidding, but instead the money is generally distributed as demanded. The Central Bank of Iraq pays for this distribution, which can cost millions of dollars alone given the security measures involved, people familiar with the process said.

http://blogs.wsj.com/moneybeat/2015/11/03/why-the-fed-sends-billions-of-dollars-to-iraq/

Why the Fed Sends Billions of Dollars to Iraq 258310255 
>>>TNTBS's YouTube Channel<<<
RamblerNash
RamblerNash
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

Back to top Go down

Why the Fed Sends Billions of Dollars to Iraq Empty Re: Why the Fed Sends Billions of Dollars to Iraq

Post by dwm007 Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:36 am

I spotted an interesting tidbit there that really has nothing to do with the article but a LOT to do with any mythical "RV" possibility, probably would have been easy enough to have looked it up but it just hadn't occurred to me to do so.

"An estimated half to two-thirds of the $1.3 trillion in paper U.S. currency in circulation"

Ok, 1.3 Trillion United States Dollars in paper currency in circulation, let's look at what that means.

There is no doubt that there is well over a Trillion Dinars in the hands of American "investors" alone and does not even include the rest of the world's scam victims. So to "RV" to a 1 to 1 exchange rate would require every single piece of paper in the world with Dollars printed on it! To be fair it must be considered that payout to Dinar holders would not require paying in physical cash but STILL it clearly illustrates the total absurdity of the whole "RV" idea! In order to "RV" at 1 to 1 Iraq would have to pay out of their reserves an amount equivalent to every single paper Dollar in existence just to American holders and even that probably would 't be enough since it's quite likely that there is more than 1.3 Trillion Dinars held in this country, remember that Sterling alone did well over a half a Trillion in business with the bulk of it in Dinars.

The whole idea of the "RV" just gets more absurd every time we look at it.

dwm007
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum