Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Carnival Rides
Vietnam: Central bank may limit banks' foreign currency holdings I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2024 5:03 pm by kenlej

» Go Russia
Vietnam: Central bank may limit banks' foreign currency holdings I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 11:37 am by kenlej

» Go Russia
Vietnam: Central bank may limit banks' foreign currency holdings I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 10:51 am by kenlej

» Textbook Tony
Vietnam: Central bank may limit banks' foreign currency holdings I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 4:13 pm by Mission1st

» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
Vietnam: Central bank may limit banks' foreign currency holdings I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Vietnam: Central bank may limit banks' foreign currency holdings I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Vietnam: Central bank may limit banks' foreign currency holdings I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Vietnam: Central bank may limit banks' foreign currency holdings I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Vietnam: Central bank may limit banks' foreign currency holdings I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Vietnam: Central bank may limit banks' foreign currency holdings I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Vietnam: Central bank may limit banks' foreign currency holdings I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Vietnam: Central bank may limit banks' foreign currency holdings I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Vietnam: Central bank may limit banks' foreign currency holdings I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Vietnam: Central bank may limit banks' foreign currency holdings I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Vietnam: Central bank may limit banks' foreign currency holdings I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Vietnam: Central bank may limit banks' foreign currency holdings I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Vietnam: Central bank may limit banks' foreign currency holdings I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Vietnam: Central bank may limit banks' foreign currency holdings I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Vietnam: Central bank may limit banks' foreign currency holdings I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Vietnam: Central bank may limit banks' foreign currency holdings I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

Vietnam: Central bank may limit banks' foreign currency holdings

Go down

Vietnam: Central bank may limit banks' foreign currency holdings Empty Vietnam: Central bank may limit banks' foreign currency holdings

Post by ADMIN Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:22 am

July 3, 2011
Central bank may limit banks' foreign currency holdings

VietFinanceNews.com - The State Bank of Vietnam will lower the daily cap on banks' holdings of foreign currencies to 20 percent of their registered capital from 30 percent now, according to a draft regulation, the latest step in a drive to eliminate the use of foreign currencies in the Vietnamese economy.

The proposed change will take effect after the central bank completes consultations with banks by July 15.

"The total holdings in foreign currencies among all banks will be limited to 20 percent at the end of (each) day," according to a draft regulation posted on the central bank's website Tuesday.

Since 2002 Vietnam has allowed banks operating in the country, including branches of foreign banks, to hold foreign currency equal to 30 percent of their registered capital.

Authorities have been working to eliminate the use of foreign currencies and boost the dong, part of an effort since February to curb rising inflation and reduce the trade deficit.

The latest step isn't likely to hurt banks because the government has already told them to gradually cut back on transactions denominated in foreign currencies, said Le Tham Duong, an economist at HCM City Banking University.

"The government and the central bank have repeatedly informed the public that they are determined to eliminate the use of foreign currencies in the domestic economy step by step, and there will be no such transactions, including trading and lending, in the future," Duong told Dow Jones Newswires.

Duong said "collecting statistical data from banks isn't easy," so he couldn't provide an estimate of banks' foreign currency holdings.

http://www.vietfinancenews.com/2011/07/central-bank-may-limit-banks-foreign.html

ADMIN
Admin
Admin

http://dinardaily@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum