Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
Vietnam Economy Boosted by Lower Energy Costs, Latest Data Show  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Vietnam Economy Boosted by Lower Energy Costs, Latest Data Show  I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Vietnam Economy Boosted by Lower Energy Costs, Latest Data Show  I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Vietnam Economy Boosted by Lower Energy Costs, Latest Data Show  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Vietnam Economy Boosted by Lower Energy Costs, Latest Data Show  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Vietnam Economy Boosted by Lower Energy Costs, Latest Data Show  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Vietnam Economy Boosted by Lower Energy Costs, Latest Data Show  I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Vietnam Economy Boosted by Lower Energy Costs, Latest Data Show  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Vietnam Economy Boosted by Lower Energy Costs, Latest Data Show  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Vietnam Economy Boosted by Lower Energy Costs, Latest Data Show  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Vietnam Economy Boosted by Lower Energy Costs, Latest Data Show  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Vietnam Economy Boosted by Lower Energy Costs, Latest Data Show  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Vietnam Economy Boosted by Lower Energy Costs, Latest Data Show  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Vietnam Economy Boosted by Lower Energy Costs, Latest Data Show  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Vietnam Economy Boosted by Lower Energy Costs, Latest Data Show  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Vietnam Economy Boosted by Lower Energy Costs, Latest Data Show  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Vietnam Economy Boosted by Lower Energy Costs, Latest Data Show  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Vietnam Economy Boosted by Lower Energy Costs, Latest Data Show  I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Vietnam Economy Boosted by Lower Energy Costs, Latest Data Show  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Vietnam Economy Boosted by Lower Energy Costs, Latest Data Show  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

Vietnam Economy Boosted by Lower Energy Costs, Latest Data Show

Go down

Vietnam Economy Boosted by Lower Energy Costs, Latest Data Show  Empty Vietnam Economy Boosted by Lower Energy Costs, Latest Data Show

Post by RamblerNash Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:56 am

Vietnam Economy Boosted by Lower Energy Costs, Latest Data Show

Nguyen Dieu Tu Uyen
September 24, 2015 — 10:45 PM PDT

• Pledged foreign investment has increased 53% this year
  • Full impact of yuan and dong devaluations may be seen later

Vietnam’s economy is benefiting from cheap oil as disappearing inflation boosts domestic demand, early indicators of growth this quarter show. The impact of a weakened currency following China’s yuan devaluation is less clear.
Economic data this week show how lower energy costs are giving consumers and businesses breathing room:

• Inflation dwindled to zero this month for the first-time ever, Nguyen Bich Lam, head of the General Statistics Office, said Thursday.Price gains have averaged less than 1 percent this year, compared with a five-year average of more than 9 percent through 2014.
  • The number of new businesses rose 29 percent to 68,347 in Jan.-Sept.
  • The ADB raised its 2015 growth forecast for Vietnam to 6.5 percent and 6.6 percent for 2016, saying private consumption is benefiting from low inflation, improved consumer confidence and growth of non-farm wage employment.  
  • ANZ-Roy Morgan Vietnam Consumer Confidence Index advanced to 135.3 this month.

To be sure, the outlook for inflation is complicated by a weakening currency, which could push up import costs. While exports rose 9.6 percent in the nine months through September from a year earlier, imports surged 15.9 percent, the planning and investment ministry said Friday.

The central bank weakened the dong’s reference rate in August for the third time this year and widened the currency’s trading band after China devalued the yuan, as the government sought to safeguard exports and boost 2015 economic growth to a four-year high of 6.2 percent.

Prolonged weakness in price gains may also be a danger sign for consumption.
The weak inflation in September was linked to lower electricity costs and two gasoline price cuts in August and September, which led to lower transportation prices, according to the GSO. 

“The question now is whether a deflationary spiral actually exists,” where lower price levels lead to lower production, wages and consumption, Saigon Securities Joint-Stock Co., Vietnam’s largest brokerage, said in a note Thursday. High retail sales growth of about 10 percent suggest that there’s nothing wrong with aggregate demand, it said.

The good news is that overseas demand for Vietnam’s goods and interest in the country as an investment destination is holding up, even amid weakening demand from China. Pledged foreign investment rose 53 percent in the nine months through September from a year earlier, the planning ministry said Friday.

Low inflation has an added benefit to the economy. Vietnam’s central bank has room for monetary easing and to maintain an accommodative monetary stance, the ADB said this week. The country’s growth is expected to accelerate through the second half, underpinned by rising private consumption, export-oriented manufacturing, and FDI, it said.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-09-25/cheap-oil-is-giving-vietnam-s-economy-a-boost

Vietnam Economy Boosted by Lower Energy Costs, Latest Data Show  258310255 
>>>TNTBS's YouTube Channel<<<
RamblerNash
RamblerNash
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum