Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
Time Running Out for the Dinar Peg/ I thought mr koolaid said revalue I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Time Running Out for the Dinar Peg/ I thought mr koolaid said revalue I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Time Running Out for the Dinar Peg/ I thought mr koolaid said revalue I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Time Running Out for the Dinar Peg/ I thought mr koolaid said revalue I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Time Running Out for the Dinar Peg/ I thought mr koolaid said revalue I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Time Running Out for the Dinar Peg/ I thought mr koolaid said revalue I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Time Running Out for the Dinar Peg/ I thought mr koolaid said revalue I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Time Running Out for the Dinar Peg/ I thought mr koolaid said revalue I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Time Running Out for the Dinar Peg/ I thought mr koolaid said revalue I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Time Running Out for the Dinar Peg/ I thought mr koolaid said revalue I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Time Running Out for the Dinar Peg/ I thought mr koolaid said revalue I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Time Running Out for the Dinar Peg/ I thought mr koolaid said revalue I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Time Running Out for the Dinar Peg/ I thought mr koolaid said revalue I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Time Running Out for the Dinar Peg/ I thought mr koolaid said revalue I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Time Running Out for the Dinar Peg/ I thought mr koolaid said revalue I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Time Running Out for the Dinar Peg/ I thought mr koolaid said revalue I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Time Running Out for the Dinar Peg/ I thought mr koolaid said revalue I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Time Running Out for the Dinar Peg/ I thought mr koolaid said revalue I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Time Running Out for the Dinar Peg/ I thought mr koolaid said revalue I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Time Running Out for the Dinar Peg/ I thought mr koolaid said revalue I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

Time Running Out for the Dinar Peg/ I thought mr koolaid said revalue

+2
Terbo56
Ponee
6 posters

Go down

Time Running Out for the Dinar Peg/ I thought mr koolaid said revalue Empty Time Running Out for the Dinar Peg/ I thought mr koolaid said revalue

Post by clayf Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:13 am

A foreign-exchange crunch cause by the drop in oil prices could force a devaluation of the Iraqi dinar, according to a report from Bloomberg.

Data compiled by Bloomberg show that dollar reserves fell by approximately 20 percent to $59 billion as of July 23, while in the first 25 days of August the Central Bank of Iraq (CBI) sold $4.6 billion of currency to keep the dinar at its pegged rate of 1166 to the US dollar.

Frank Gunter, author of “The Political Economy of Iraq,” said the currency could weaken as much as 20 percent over the next year, adding “Iraq’s perfect storm means the country will continue to lose reserves until the government of Iraq decides to devalue the dinar.”

Research from Dubai-based bank Emirates NBD suggests that Iraqi dinar is one of the Middle East currencies most at risk of devaluation, but that the current exchange-rate regime is likely to remain.

London-based investment firm Exotix Partners LLP said that maintaining the peg could cause Iraq’s foreign-currency reserves to drop to about $45 billion by the end of next year. “The authorities will try to hold on to the peg as long as possible, but may be forced to devalue if pressures continue,” said Jakob Christensen, a director at Exotix.

But Waleed Eedi, a director general at the CBI, told Bloomberg that the policy now is to meet the demand for dollars, the reserves won’t be depleted because of oil sales, and the dinar won’t devalue.

August 26, 2015 in Banking & Finance

By John Lee.

(Source: Bloomberg Business)                                                                             http://www.iraq-businessnews.com/2015/08/26/time-running-out-for-the-dinar-peg/
clayf
clayf
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Time Running Out for the Dinar Peg/ I thought mr koolaid said revalue Empty Re: Time Running Out for the Dinar Peg/ I thought mr koolaid said revalue

Post by Ponee Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:28 pm

Thanks ClayF for sharing this post !

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Time Running Out for the Dinar Peg/ I thought mr koolaid said revalue Empty Re: Time Running Out for the Dinar Peg/ I thought mr koolaid said revalue

Post by Terbo56 Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:58 pm

Yes, ClayF- Thankyou for the info that you afforded us-It is greatly appreciated! Very Happy
Terbo56
Terbo56
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:04 pm

Right now it looks like if anything it will RV downward ... sorry, not what I wanted to see or say, but economic reality is economic reality. If oil continues to free-fall, I do not see how they can avoid it.

My prediction is we will see the current trend continue until the frackers are completely priced out of business, then we will see our "friends" the Saudis quietly work to bring the price up to about $60 or $70 dollars a barrel. Low enough to keep the fracking operations from restarting but high enough for them to make a profit.

Just a guess, and I can't prove a thing, but I am pretty sure the Saudi's are working behind the scenes to drive prices down.

Trust but Verify --- R Reagan Suspect

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

Time Running Out for the Dinar Peg/ I thought mr koolaid said revalue 2805820865  Time Running Out for the Dinar Peg/ I thought mr koolaid said revalue 2805820865  Time Running Out for the Dinar Peg/ I thought mr koolaid said revalue 2805820865  Time Running Out for the Dinar Peg/ I thought mr koolaid said revalue 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by clayf Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:06 pm

Just a guess, and I can't prove a thing, but I am pretty sure the Saudi's are working behind the scenes to drive prices down........., Your most likely RIGHT (as usual) Yep ME! posting holy carp its been a bit but Im just a working fool and had sometime this morning. We're old timers here and no so called guru can shine a light on us but I will try to do more when I can.Appreciate the koodoos guys  coffee
clayf
clayf
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Slotexe Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:35 pm

The Sudi's are absolutely working to drive the prices down, and when Iran comes on full time it will make the oil prices even lower. The only saving grace for Iraq is that oil prices were at $32 per barrel when their currency had a value of $3.22 against the USD, but that was also under a different government regime as well. So will that value history make a difference today probably not as I see it.

Slotexe
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by dwm007 Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:43 pm

Slotexe wrote:The Sudi's are absolutely working to drive the prices down, and when Iran comes on full time it will make the oil prices even lower. The only saving grace for Iraq is that oil prices were at $32 per barrel when their currency had a value of $3.22 against the USD, but that was also under a different government regime as well. So will that value history make a difference today probably not as I see it.

The price of oil at that time had nothing to do with it, it was the fact they had less than 24 BILLION Dinar in circulation vs the 91 TRILLION they have today! What is so hard to understand about the rate back then vs the rate now? At the time it was $3.22 Iraq had over three dollars in their reserves to cover each Dinar in circulation but today due to past hyperinflation they have over 1000 Dinar to cover with each Dollar in their reserves thus the 1166/1170 exchange rate.

This is NOT just opinion, it's fact and it's easy to back it up with documentation!

dwm007
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum