Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
How a Currency Crisis in Iraq Risks Fight Against Islamic State I_icon_minitimeToday at 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
How a Currency Crisis in Iraq Risks Fight Against Islamic State I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
How a Currency Crisis in Iraq Risks Fight Against Islamic State I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
How a Currency Crisis in Iraq Risks Fight Against Islamic State I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
How a Currency Crisis in Iraq Risks Fight Against Islamic State I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
How a Currency Crisis in Iraq Risks Fight Against Islamic State I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
How a Currency Crisis in Iraq Risks Fight Against Islamic State I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
How a Currency Crisis in Iraq Risks Fight Against Islamic State I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
How a Currency Crisis in Iraq Risks Fight Against Islamic State I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
How a Currency Crisis in Iraq Risks Fight Against Islamic State I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
How a Currency Crisis in Iraq Risks Fight Against Islamic State I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
How a Currency Crisis in Iraq Risks Fight Against Islamic State I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
How a Currency Crisis in Iraq Risks Fight Against Islamic State I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
How a Currency Crisis in Iraq Risks Fight Against Islamic State I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
How a Currency Crisis in Iraq Risks Fight Against Islamic State I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
How a Currency Crisis in Iraq Risks Fight Against Islamic State I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
How a Currency Crisis in Iraq Risks Fight Against Islamic State I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
How a Currency Crisis in Iraq Risks Fight Against Islamic State I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
How a Currency Crisis in Iraq Risks Fight Against Islamic State I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
How a Currency Crisis in Iraq Risks Fight Against Islamic State I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

How a Currency Crisis in Iraq Risks Fight Against Islamic State

5 posters

Go down

How a Currency Crisis in Iraq Risks Fight Against Islamic State Empty How a Currency Crisis in Iraq Risks Fight Against Islamic State

Post by Ssmith Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:44 am

I don't think this has been posted...

How a Currency Crisis in Iraq Risks Fight Against Islamic State

August 25, 2015 — 6:01 PM CDT

• Falling oil price is reducing revenue used to fund military
  • Dollar reserves have tumbled 20 percent as dinar pressured

Any currency crisis usually comes with dire consequences for a country, and the threat of one in Iraq shows how the impact can go beyond the economy and markets.

A foreign-exchange crunch because of a drop in oil prices could force a devaluation of the dinar and risk making the fight against Islamic State militants even tougher. The nation, currently OPEC’s biggest producer after Saudi Arabia, is dependent on oil revenue to fund its operations on the battlefield and quell growing unrest over the economy.

How a Currency Crisis in Iraq Risks Fight Against Islamic State 488x-1

Iraq's Looming Dollar Shortage

Dollar reserves tumbled about 20 percent to $59 billion as of July 23 since the fighting escalated a year before, and the losses are accelerating. In the first 25 days of August, the central bank sold $4.6 billion of currency to keep the dinar at a pegged rate, a daily outflow of about $184 million, data compiled by Bloomberg show.

“Iraq’s perfect storm means the country will continue to lose reserves until the government of Iraq decides to devalue the dinar,” said Frank Gunter, author of “The Political Economy of Iraq.” The currency could weaken as much as 20 percent over the next year, he said.

Global Wave

It raises the prospect of Iraq joining other developing nations in a new wave of devaluations as emerging markets take a hammering this month, led by China. The Iraqi dinar is one of those most at risk in the Middle East from that happening, though the current exchange-rate regime is likely to remain, according to research published on Tuesday by Emirates NBD, the biggest bank in Dubai.

Saudi Arabia’s central bank this week said it’s committed to the riyal’s dollar peg, the Saudi-owned Al Arabiya television reported, amid speculation the country would devalue its currency after the plunge in oil prices.

In Iraq, market forces are complicating Prime Minister Haidar al-Abadi’s efforts to win back territory from Islamic State. Military success has been piecemeal as the government has struggled to enlist support from mainly Sunni communities in parts of the country ravaged by attacks.

The U.S. and its allies have sent arms to the Kurds in northern Iraq and President Barack Obama’s administration plans to spend another $700 million in 2016 on support for the military. The government in Baghdad, though, pays for the bulk of the operations from its budget since the Americans pulled out their troops in 2011.

Selling Dollars

A collapse in the value of the dinar would raise the cost of living for Iraqis already protesting against government corruption, power cuts and water shortages.

“The policy now is to meet the demand for dollars,” Waleed Eedi, a director general at the Central Bank of Iraq, said by telephone on Monday. The reserves won’t be depleted because of oil sales and the dinar won’t devalue, he said.
The Iraqi central bank’s fixes the dinar’s exchange rate at 1,166 per dollar and there’s pressure on the peg. As a result, Iraq’s foreign-currency reserves may drop to about $45 billion by the end of 2016, according to Exotix Partners LLP, a London-based investment firm specializing in frontier markets.

“The authorities will try to hold on to the peg as long as possible, but may be forced to devalue if pressures continue,” said Jakob Christensen, a director at Exotix.

Few Choices

The central bank has so far resisted government pressure to print money to meet an estimated$30 billion budget deficit. It announced plans for a $6 billion bond program last week, which follows about $1.2 billion from the International Monetary Fund, though neither is big enough to plug the shortfall.

How a Currency Crisis in Iraq Risks Fight Against Islamic State 488x-1

Iraq's Oil Economy

That leaves the Finance Ministry with few easy choices. The government is seeking to cut spending and tackle corruption. Other options include borrowing domestically from public banks or even forcing the central bank to buy dollar-denominated bonds from the Finance Ministry, said Gunter.

“Iraq will be able to finance its 2015 deficit, but if the battle against Islamic State and low oil prices continues, Iraq will then hit a wall,” he said.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-08-25/how-a-currency-crisis-in-iraq-risks-fight-against-islamic-state?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=New
Ssmith
Ssmith
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

Back to top Go down

How a Currency Crisis in Iraq Risks Fight Against Islamic State Empty Re: How a Currency Crisis in Iraq Risks Fight Against Islamic State

Post by Ponee Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:16 am

Thanks Ssmith!

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

How a Currency Crisis in Iraq Risks Fight Against Islamic State Empty Re: How a Currency Crisis in Iraq Risks Fight Against Islamic State

Post by Ssmith Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:38 pm

I found this article at TNT.  It's now been taken down. 

Guess it doesn't go along with their propaganda.

>>>TNTBS's YouTube Channel<<<
Ssmith
Ssmith
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

Back to top Go down

Post by chilimama Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:47 pm

THEY REALLY ARE UNBELIEVABLE. AN ACTUAL ARTICLE WITH FACTS AND THEY CANNOT LET THEIR SHEEPLE KNOW ABOUT IT.

Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy. - Norman Schwarzkopf, Jr.
chilimama
chilimama
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

Back to top Go down

Post by Ssmith Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:50 pm

Facts mess up lies every time.

What does it take to wake these people up???

>>>TNTBS's YouTube Channel<<<
Ssmith
Ssmith
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

Back to top Go down

Post by chilimama Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:50 pm

I JUST SAW IT ON THERE, MAYBE IT GOT REPOSTED. I DID NOTICE RRRRR POSTED IT.

Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy. - Norman Schwarzkopf, Jr.
chilimama
chilimama
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

Back to top Go down

Post by dwm007 Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:23 pm

That was posted over on DV too with the usual "So what" play-it-down responses and only a few of those. An example was one poster said that banks have a license to create money and it's all electronic now anyway, they can create money "out of thin air" (his words not mine) and send it whenever and to wherever they need to!

Those people over there are just as clueless as the TNT folks but they do at least try to act a little more intelligent even if the result is just more of the above type thinking, in any case they are still as wrong and as clueless the TNT posters.

dwm007
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kenlej Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:43 am

I seen it yesterday on twitter. It's a good article but the zombies can't tie their shoes let alone comprehend this article LMAO
kenlej
kenlej
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum